Votes: 18 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Well next week both Tom Brady and Cam Newton have the chance to make history - to be the first QBs to ever have 3x 400 yard games in a row. So who do you think will enter the record books? Vote above.

Jason Campbell threw for 323. I'd expect Brady to throw for 400+ with the way the Pats offense has been the past two weeks. Bills held McFadden and a OAK rushing attack (which is probably better than the Pats) to 20 carries/72 yds.

i think brady's going 500 again

unless that game somehow unexpectedly becomes a tough low scoring game

Voted neither, also don't care honestly. I see us rushing for 200+ before we pass for 400 against the Bills.

Both games last season were under 300 yards passing and both were close to 200 rushing. I don't see any reason that will change, especially with their star LB playing for a different team.

16 of 27 for 145 yards and 1 TD.....That is Brady's stat line for SB XXXVI.......

I couldn't care less about another meaningless record....to be honest, I hope the Pats run for 200+, Brady throws for 200 yds and they control the clock....

I voted both. Don't see why not.

Not a record I really care about though. All that matters is the W.

I voted both. Don't see why not.

Not a record I really care about though. All that matters is the W.

Agree completely...

I guess this is like the steroid era of baseball. I can't say I enjoy having every tom **** and harry throw ridiculous amount of yards in every game, it's starting to not mean much anymore.

I dont get while people always say that they dont care about a stat..yes, the W is the most important thing, but this is a disscussion board, why cant we just discuss whatever we want..if you dont care, why bother posting in a certian thread?

If the Panthers were playing ANY other team than Jacksonville, I would say Brady has the best chance although I don't see it happening. But they are so both have a decent chance.

Personally, I'm not convinced by Buffalo's recent success, and I can see the Pats getting a larger lead and thereby not having to pass as much. I think part of the reason why Tom has passed so much is that both games they've played was close enough so that each drive had some urgency to score and not just wear down the clock. Personal opinion, of course.

This game has TRAP written all over it! But I think we will see lots more running in this one.

I expect that Tom will get a lot of yards. Buffalo will not be able to keep up in a track meet, so I think we'll go to a dominant running game by the middle of the third and Tom will be a little short of 400.

Generally, it's abad sign when a QB has to pass for 400 yds as it generally means they are playing catch up. I think that Cam has a shot at it, but then again, it's just as likely that he comes crashing back down to earth too.

Voted neither, also don't care honestly. I see us rushing for 200+ before we pass for 400 against the Bills.

Both games last season were under 300 yards passing and both were close to 200 rushing. I don't see any reason that will change, especially with their star LB playing for a different team.

I'd much rather see 200 yards rushing by the Pats.

I said "neither". Newton has to come down to earth some time, and I think the loss of Hernandez this week will have a negative effect on our passing game (hope I'm wrong). I believe Buffalo is as bad against the run as it is against the pass, so I think the Pats will turn to BJGE & Co. more this week. If I'm wrong I won't be upset! Go Pats!

Hopefully Brady doesn't need to pass for 400 yards to come up with a win this time.

This is like predicting the score of a game... impossible because it's so hard to predict the nature of the game. Each game takes on its own scoring pattern and its own passing yardage.(some games close down in the early part of final quarter and some take off then, for example)

I know right now some of you are saying it's a meaningless record. But down the road, don't you think this will be talked about if it happens? When the Marino fans want to say how he is the greatest statwise, then the Brady fans can say right back - 50 tds, 3x 400 yards+ in a row. Even Marino didn't do that. Just food for discussion. ;)

Hopefully Brady doesn't need to pass for 400 yards to come up with a win this time.

Seriously.

It's like so many people ignore the fact that 400+ yards passing means the QB is either losing, or in the middle of a shootout.

Also, most players on that 500-yard-game QB list? They lost the game despite throwing for 500.

IT'S A TRAP - YouTube

its_a_trap.jpg

this game I mean:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY0ClsW1QX4 the REAL scene

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes