PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 things on door: shown in Football LIfe

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Little help. What were the 4 things that Belichick preached on A Football Life that were on the door when players walked out?

I'm trying to motivate my rec basketball team, as over the last few yrs we always destroy the mediocre teams, but can't seem to be mentally tough enough to beat the other good teams. We always find weird ways to lose, kinda like the chargers. And, being the captain I'm starting to think there has to be a way I can change our mentality. So, was gonna email them the four points that were on that door.

When you leave here...

-Don't believe or fuel the hype
-Manage Expectations
-Ignore the noise
-Speak for yourself

When you leave here...

-Manage Expectations
-Ignore the noise
-Speak for yourself

It looked like on the other side of the door there was a "when you enter here" sign, does anyone know what that one says?

Use the raiders sign.

Rule #1. Always cheat
Rule #2 Always follow Rule #1

Or something like that :D

Probably something like:

1) Be Professional
2) Give it everything you have
3) Have Fun..

Use the raiders sign.

Rule #1. Always cheat
Rule #2 Always follow Rule #1

Or something like that :D

Or go with the four things on the door in Cleveland when Eric Mangini was head coach:

When You Leave Here:
1. Stab someone in the back
2. Find someone to blame for your shortcomings
3. Rat out someone who helped you along the way
4. Get a job on TV and grovel for forgiveness

Or Rex Ryan's sign in the Jets locker room:

1) Eat plenty of snacks after meetings & frequent all fast food joints in East Rutherford

2) Talk down about the team you are about to play and say you are better than they are

3) Expect A Super Bowl Win this year...and next year and next year and....

4) Make sure you walk barefoot around the locker room so I can take pictures for my bizarre fetish of feet

I'm trying to motivate my rec basketball team, as over the last few yrs we always destroy the mediocre teams, but can't seem to be mentally tough enough to beat the other good teams. We always find weird ways to lose, kinda like the chargers. And, being the captain I'm starting to think there has to be a way I can change our mentality. So, was gonna email them the four points that were on that door.

Mods...check this account. I think it's really Norv Turner trolling for info.

Last edited:
These are grown men, right? I'd skip the four things on the Patriots door thing. Life likely has prevented all involved from being in the football psychotic mindframe conducive to brainwashing. If it were on me, and I were the Captain, I would make practices brutal. That's the best way to get mental toughness. As a captain it's your job to set the tone for mental toughness through conditioning and practice effort. Run yourself and your guys into the ground. Only way to do it, and it will work.

Use your own motivation to influence your team. Why be unoriginal? Or promise a stripper bus party for every good win. If that don't do the trick...then consider replacing your current team with men.

It looked like on the other side of the door there was a "when you enter here" sign, does anyone know what that one says?

"Mr. Borges, before entering please report to the hygiene sanitation room"

Last edited:
I recall hearing or reading that the sign entering the facility said something to the effect that you check your ego at the door...

When you leave here...

-Manage Expectations
-Ignore the noise
-Speak for yourself

Is that the one that says "Do Your Job"?

1. Don't bother with that first round pick; trade down for two thirds and three fourths because that strategy is uber effective

2. Forget about signing free agents going into their second contracts

3. Choke in the playoffs at home to lesser teams

4. Surround one of the top three or four quarterbacks OF ALL TIME with a piss poor defense

1. Don't bother with that first round pick; trade down for two thirds and three fourths because that strategy is uber effective

2. Forget about signing free agents going into their second contracts

3. Choke in the playoffs at home to lesser teams

4. Surround one of the top three or four quarterbacks OF ALL TIME with a piss poor defense

Gee, FCB02062, why don't you then root for a franchise that consistently wins Super Bowls:

Like the .......ummm.....and the ahhhhh...... hmmmm.... then there's always the ........???????

Maybe, you just are not based in reality?

Gee, FCB02062, why don't you then root for a franchise that consistently wins Super Bowls:

Like the .......ummm.....and the ahhhhh...... hmmmm.... then there's always the ........???????

Maybe, you just are not based in reality?

it's called sarcasm, sheesh! :rolleyes: and, by the way...are any of those four points NOT true????

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Little help. What were the 4 things that Belichick preached on A Football Life that were on the door when players walked out?

Is your name in real life Marty Schottenheimer?

it's called sarcasm, sheesh! :rolleyes: and, by the way...are any of those four points NOT true????

If you're going to defend those four points you made, then it's not called "sarcasm".

Even a third grade child knows that.

You have a history of constant franchise bashing.

If Mrs. Kraft hadn't died, you'd be right now continuing your tirade about how "cheap" the Krafts are. Strange how you changed your behavior on the ownership so suddenly. People here can see your posting history anytime.

And THAT last statement by me was just as "sarcastic" as your post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey