Welcome to PatsFans.com

4 Soldiers Killed...Karzai Unhappy With Strategy(s)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jun 25, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

It would be nice if Bush and Co. would give the right effort here and gain the support necessary to help Afghanistan. It seems odd that we are doing alot of what karzai wants in Africa and yet as he says, we are letting the country down.

Don't see the soldiers in Afghanistan in the news very much. Are they fighting the forgotten war? The less political war? Why does the left care more about the deaths in Iraq vs those in Afghanistan? Are these men not as valuable? have they done something wrong?

Bush and the left finally doing something in unison...hanging our brave soldiers out to dry in Afghanistan...the war that supposedly had a purpose.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationw...3jun23,0,606042.story?coll=ny-worldnews-print

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,989 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Just saying that Afghanistan should be mentioned along with Iraq...the war and the men there seem to get lost in the media war between the left and right...between Bush and his opponents.

If we had stayed there in force a bit longer I think many lives would have been saved. I think the media is a bit harsh on Iraq and way to soft on Afghanistan. we left that country with as many problems (different ones) as they had before we went in. The Taliban was harsh and ruthless, but they had law and order there.

We have dealt with ruthless people before. We deal with Israel everyday and they are terrorists of a sort. I think the Taliban could have been bribed and bought. A promise to protect them as the rulers of Afghanistan in exchange for Bin Laden, Mullah Omar and Co. would have been difficult but I think possible. Not saying this is a perfect scenario...but here we are again losing soldiers in Afghanistan and all we hear about everyday is Iraq this and Iraq that. Were'nt we all taught to finish what we started...the honorable thing to do is finish what you start and shut the door when you leave.

3. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I agree with most of what you said.
    It is a shame that the diversion did take place and the American people's rightfully emotional reaction to 9/11 was exploited.
    We should have stayed in force in Afghanistan, with the whole world behind us, besides us, and made great strides in showing the Muslim world that our way was so much better than that of the Taliban.
    It is a shame that we are so thin in two fronts now and we have not achieved much, hence our young men and women being in more danger.
    As they say, if you try to do too many things at once, the odds are you won't be successful at any of them, but then again maybe that was the plan all along; so that the war merchants are satisfied.
    As far as the coverage in the media; Afghanistan is not as sexy any more, therefore the media, being the wh-ores that they are, will cover and harp on what sells. Our young men and women dying takes a back seat to sex appeal. What days we live in!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006