PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 games in 17 days, thats pretty rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerostomia

Practice Squad Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just looking at the dates, KC was Sept 29, and last night was October 16. That is 17 days (maybe 18). Playing 4 games in that stretch is probably very taxing physically, and emotionally. Plus, the older players likely need more rest to recover. I wonder if there is any correlation between injuries and frequent games (not that I am going to blame that for the loss of Mayo and Ridley) but you never know. Similarly I am not going to blame the porous run defense on that but one has to wonder if it is part of the reason. With that being said, hats off to Brady for being mentally tough, and playing very well.

Pretty much exactly 17 days since the KC game was also at night. Very taxing stretch. Going 3-1 is pretty good, all things considered.

It was three night games out of the four too. Those are usually tougher.

Of course, that moron Tanguay acted like it was no big deal and the Jets had to do the same thing (they didn't since they didn't start their four game stretch with a Monday night game like the Pats.

This mini-break is coming at a good time, especially for defensive players. New Jersey held the ball for 41 minutes last night. :eek:

Of course, that moron Tanguay acted like it was no big deal and the Jets had to do the same thing (they didn't since they didn't start their four game stretch with a Monday night game like the Pats.

Tanguay is Felger with exactly half the IQ. He clearly has decided to model himself that way.

This mini-break is coming at a good time, especially for defensive players. New Jersey held the ball for 41 minutes last night. :eek:

And the Pats still scored 27 points in 19 minutes. In comparison Denver held the ball 33 minutes and scored 24 points.

Tanguay is Felger with exactly half the IQ. He clearly has decided to model himself that way.

Say what you will about Felger, but he is at least radio savvy. Tanguay is just awful and acts like a pentulate child. It is embarrassing.

And I am done hijacking the thread about Tanguay and Felger. I have said my piece.

I was so sickened by his tripe on my way home from the game (was looking forward to hearing about a good win despite loss of Mayo, loss of our running game, obvious confusion of D having to get ready to play on three days notice and one day of practice without its "QB") that I actually switched to EEI and listened to that traitor Steve Deossie for a while. What a large loud load of insufferable garbage that doofus was promoting. (In case you missed it, he yelled over everybody, including Gresh, that the Pats have missed Brady's window and are not going to improve this season; further, they should be looking to trade Brady for two first round picks (but really a first and a third because no one will offer two firsts) in the offseason since they are never going to win the SB again with him at the helm).

This will give bodies a chance to heal, minds a chance to calm, the coaching staff a chance to self-evaluate, and the front office a chance to make needed changes. Coming before this next pair of game, this is a good time for it.

Similarly on offense, there were some great plays (Vereen, Amendola), but several drop balls that should have been caught (I think Edelman had 2, and Gronk had 1). Those would have extended drives and kept the offense on the field and taken some pressure of the defense.

And you are right. Having 3 prime time games in 4 weeks probably gets the adrenaline pumping, but also wears you out more.

Yeah, that's kind of scary...especially against Geno.

Just looking at the dates, KC was Sept 29, and last night was October 16. That is 17 days (maybe 18). Playing 4 games in that stretch is probably very taxing physically, and emotionally. Plus, the older players likely need more rest to recover. I wonder if there is any correlation between injuries and frequent games (not that I am going to blame that for the loss of Mayo and Ridley) but you never know. Similarly I am not going to blame the porous run defense on that but one has to wonder if it is part of the reason. With that being said, hats off to Brady for being mentally tough, and playing very well.
4 in 19 actually I think.
Every team plays 3 games in 15 days (as well as 3 in 27 it just depends whether you choose to count the days off of not) so all that really happened here is a norm schedule and 2 games in 5 days because if TNF
Every team playing TNF plays 4 games in 19 days unless their bye is in that stretch.

4 in 19 actually I think.
Every team plays 3 games in 15 days (as well as 3 in 27 it just depends whether you choose to count the days off of not) so all that really happened here is a norm schedule and 2 games in 5 days because if TNF
Every team playing TNF plays 4 games in 19 days unless their bye is in that stretch.
None of us can count.
Sept 29, Sept 30
October 1-16

4 games in 18 days

Similarly on offense, there were some great plays (Vereen, Amendola), but several drop balls that should have been caught (I think Edelman had 2, and Gronk had 1). Those would have extended drives and kept the offense on the field and taken some pressure of the defense.

And you are right. Having 3 prime time games in 4 weeks probably gets the adrenaline pumping, but also wears you out more.
Gronk had at least 2 drops.

None of us can count.
Sept 29, Sept 30
October 1-16

4 games in 18 days
I forgot the first was Monday night which only means we started the stretch after am extra day of rest.
In other words, we, like most teams will played a Thursday night game and that is the only oddity.

3-1 with that is good. get 10 days of rest now to get some guys healthy ect and go kick chicagos ass

I just heard there's this kid playing for Moses Brown named Wittsack...big star...just what we need, a bona fide player with sack! Imagine the fans in the stands after every play? WIN WITH SACK!

i can't believe there are only 9 games left... it's flying by..i hate it!

None of us can count.
Sept 29, Sept 30
October 1-16

4 games in 18 days

It's actually 17 days. Count the days from kickoff to kickoff. Don't try adding up the calendar days.

The 29th to the 30th is ONE day, not two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes