PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

4 - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemistry getting better, Not based on what I saw yesterday, enough of that.

We played our first game against an NFL football team yesterday and our defense was great but the offense stunk because of Cinny 's defensive line and our weak talent. The other 4 teams were "want to be" NFL football teams, Bills, Jets, TB and Atlanta. We will lose to NO and our record will be 4-2. The injured offense will come back and if we close out at 11-5 we win our division. Will we win the SB not as of today but it is still a long season. BTW anyone that says the pressure isn't showing on Brady isn't watching these games.

Go Pats

Wow, try not to be so optimistic there, will ya.... :rolleyes:

I bet your tune was just a tad different after we wiped the floor with the Falcons. :cool:

Just being a realist, they will never beat anyone in Madden next year and they are last in fantasy points. And all you have to do is read to be able to see the greatness of our fans. They are awesome.

Damn and to think I was getting good madden.

Greatest fans on earth!!

Damn and to think I was getting good madden.

Greatest fans on earth!!

Nope, we are going to be terrible in madden and our fantasy points are going to be as bad as the Jags. i don't know what the Kraft's are waiting for they need to sell now before everyone figures out that we are the worst team in football. The only hope they have for getting a good price is if they can somehow sell our fans with the team, as the greatest fans on earth will really help the sale price, otherwise this franchise is worth nothing.

Nope, we are going to be terrible in madden and our fantasy points are going to be as bad as the Jags. i don't know what the Kraft's are waiting for they need to sell now before everyone figures out that we are the worst team in football. The only hope they have for getting a good price is if they can somehow sell our fans with the team, as the greatest fans on earth will really help the sale price, otherwise this franchise is worth nothing.

Not a bad plan. Hope then we can sell for more than the jags.

This is the best I've felt about a Patriots defense since 2003-2007. Once we get some weapons back like Gronk, Amendola and the rookies have time to sync up, we will roll some dirty bastards in November.

This is the best I've felt about a Patriots defense since 2003-2007. Once we get some weapons back like Gronk, Amendola and the rookies have time to sync up, we will roll some dirty bastards in November.

No need to wait until November when opposing teams always have to play the PATS and the REFS.

New England yesterday 0 penalties for 0 yards... it's getting absolutely pathetic the level of favoritism showered on the Pats. Why is that? Well...

Robert Kraft holds all the cards with the television networks. They aren't going to let his team lose. Remember, (a) Kraft is also a board member at Viacom, CBS's parent and (b) CBS actually has an equity stake in the Patriot Place commercial mall/development. How no one in the media has ever really brought them up or focused on those conflicts never ceases to amaze me....

0 penalties for 0 yards - Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums

temp_PBS2205--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

temp_PBS2576--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

I was suitably sour for a little while after the end of yesterday's game, but I got over it within like half an hour and since then I've been unable to give one single **** about the loss, which is weird because usually my bitterness lasts longer.

1. The Pats are 4-1.

2. They still control their division.

3. The offense will inevitably stabilize.

4. They literally allow 14.0 points per game. I don't think the "untested" argument holds water after yesterday's game. The Bengals aren't an offensive juggernaut but they did drop 34 on GB and they were averaging 21 ppg, and the '07-'12 Pats would not have held 90% of opposing teams to 13 points in any game where our offense mustered only 248 yards for a pair of field goals.

5. As far as home-field advantage goes, I don't expect the Broncos to finish 15-1 and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they racked up three or four losses. This is IDENTICAL to hype the Colts used to get every single year: The media drools over Peyton and downplays his team's mediocre-at-best defensive performance. And then, well, they lose. This time mediocrity isn't even part of the discussion; Denver's giving up 27.8 points per game. I wouldn't be shocked if they beat us in November but when winter rolls around things are gonna get ugly. If the Pats' and Broncos' respective defenses stay on course and then I'd gladly bet on the Pats in a snowy Mile High game.

I'm so stoked for November/December. Teams are gonna walk into Gillette and get brutalized.

im not really worried about the offense going forward...because, we have Amendola back, and should be getting Gronkowski back next week and probably Ridley...just those additions should put the offense to ease because Gronk is going to require double teams which is going to open up the field for everyone else.

brady has been operating with Thompkins/Edelman/Dobson as his #1,#2 now with NO tight ends they;'re going to shift to being his 3rd, 4th options

when we went to the superbowl in 2011, remember our offense was basically just Gronk/Welker....this year you are hopefully replacing welkers performance with Amendola/Edelman...and getting Gronk back

the saints are scary, but we'll see how our defense fairs against them...and i'm expecting a much better performance from our offense with Amendola another week of being healthy and hopefully Gronk

Not bad at all, when you look the Falcons, SB contender, 1-4, other playoffs teams like Giants, redskins, struggling a lot, teams emerging like the Chiefs and even Dolphins, you can notice that the division dominance in NFL has changed hands.

But we are still there, and with a rebuild going on like fixing a plane in the air, it is what it is, can't expect anything bigger from this season, specially after that Hernandez gate, I think that sh.it really splashed on the team and franchise, but who knows?

In a normal path we could have been exactly 4-1, but with a loss to the Falcons. So we are OK, as long Amendola and Gronk play the rest of the season, and no more injuries for god's sake, otherwise we really have no shot at all.

I had the team pegged at 4-2 after the Saints game before the season started. If they manage to get over a very good Saints team, I'll be pleased as punch however, if the Saints continue their great form and beat the Patriots, they'll be right where I thought they would be. I won't be losing any sleep.

Starting off each season red-hot hasn't exactly worked out great in the postseason for this team in recent history.

Look how teams such as the Colts, Giants, Packers, Steelers have put utterly underwhelming regular season records behind them to win it all.

The key, as ever, is to keep eeking out victories - this weeks match-up vs the Saints is going to be a very tough out - if the injury situations were reversed, I know I would make New England prohibitive favorites.

The Saints are healthy, have a great QB with a full selection of offensive weaponry - on top of this, it appears Rob Ryan has revitalised the defense.

I would have New Orleans favorite by about 7 points.

However, it is more important that we scrap out wins vs division opponents and make the playoffs - then we can reassess where this team is.

I had the team pegged at 4-2 after the Saints game before the season started. If they manage to get over a very good Saints team, I'll be pleased as punch however, if the Saints continue their great form and beat the Patriots, they'll be right where I thought they would be. I won't be losing any sleep.

The Saints are the best NFL team right now. I doubt the form will do anything but get better, barring injuries. The Broncos have the hype, but the Saints really are playing incredible football with great talent and intelligence. They might have the best coaching staff too. Ryan and Payton have a great thing going.

If the Patriots play competitively this Sunday, win or lose, that will be a HUGE sign of good things to come for New England.

The Saints are the best NFL team right now. I doubt the form will do anything but get better, barring injuries. The Broncos have the hype, but the Saints really are playing incredible football with great talent and intelligence. They might have the best coaching staff too. Ryan and Payton have a great thing going.

If the Patriots play competitively this Sunday, win or lose, that will be a HUGE sign of good things to come for New England.
I'm genuinely intrigued by the people who think Gronk will be something of a difference not the difference. If Gronk plays against the Bengals, New England is 5-0. The guy is simply that good. It amazes me how quickly people forget that.

Regarding the Saints, they are playing complete football atm. They've won me over with their D. Those Ryan brothers sure can call defensive games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back