PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#3's Truck for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

lago153

Rookie
Reaction score
Howdy Pat's fans...

Greetings from a proud and relieved father of one of your rookie players, who I guess now is no longer a rookie. I am grateful for his sake as well as yours, that he didn't cost the Pats a game this past season. I am also confident that your front office knew what they were doing in spending such a high draft choice on a kicker, but I suspected that he was worth the gamble. I hope that you also see it that way.

Anyway, I will make this brief. I was advised to come into this forum to try to sell my son's truck, the one he drove for the past 7 years through high school and college. He bought himself a new one.

I thought it would be appropriate that someone from the New England fan base have an opportunity to get a hold of this truck. It is nothing special per se, but it is very reliable and would serve as great alternate transportation, or even as a good starter vehicle for a new driver. Someone might just need a truck for the occasional things that one needs a truck for.

So here is the scoop. 1997 Ford Ranger, 5 Speed, A/C, CD Stereo (nice) brand new tires, extended cab, 4 cyllinder, 131k miles, 20-25 mpg. It is dinged up here and there, but aside from it needing a windshield, it is excellent mechanical shape (Everything works). I just put the new tires on it because I thought I might keep it for a while, but I changed my mind.

I am not looking to get any more than fair market value which according to Kelly's blue book, is about 2,800. It is worth it, as far as the cost of transportation goes. The history behind the truck comes as part of the package.

I live in upstate New York, but would be happy to make the trip to the Boston area if there was a buyer. I check my email from time to time (once a week or so) and this is the best way to contact me.

My family thanks the Pat's fans for their support of my son. He had a high pressure job, made even more pressure packed considering the legacy he followed, and the fans accepted him well. We appreciate that. I am confident your front office got their money's worth. {Can Adam Vinatieri claim to be perfect in the playoffs? My son can ;o) }

All kidding aside, I recently returned from the game in Indianapolis in the same truck. I would take it there again if I had to, which is only to say that the truck is very reliable.

So if there are any interested parties, send me an Email and I will make arrangements to call you. I am not easy to reach which is why I have to do the email thing.

GO PATS

Larry Gostkowski

PS Did you see who the experts are picking as the top candidate to make it to the next superbowl?

Why hello there Mr. Gost. Im not interested but I'd like to give you a congrats on raising a very fine man and a great kicker.

He is a good draft pick imo.

If he gets his accuracy up a few notches... he'll be a very good kicker.

Does the truck come with an autograph?

I would think this should be moved to the regular Pats' forum as this one is kind of quiet right now.

I don't want the truck either but it's a nice thought for sure.

I can't imagine the pressure of watching your son as a rookie kicker out there for potential game winning playoffs kicks, especially having come from a school that's not competing for national championships, etc.

Steven looks like a big time kicker for a long time, especially now that he doesn't have to kick off the dirt and mud.

GOTTI LIVES :)

Howdy Pat's fans...

Greetings from a proud and relieved father of one of your rookie players, who I guess now is no longer a rookie. I am grateful for his sake as well as yours, that he didn't cost the Pats a game this past season. I am also confident that your front office knew what they were doing in spending such a high draft choice on a kicker, but I suspected that he was worth the gamble. I hope that you also see it that way.

Anyway, I will make this brief. I was advised to come into this forum to try to sell my son's truck, the one he drove for the past 7 years through high school and college. He bought himself a new one.

I thought it would be appropriate that someone from the New England fan base have an opportunity to get a hold of this truck. It is nothing special per se, but it is very reliable and would serve as great alternate transportation, or even as a good starter vehicle for a new driver. Someone might just need a truck for the occasional things that one needs a truck for.

So here is the scoop. 1997 Ford Ranger, 5 Speed, A/C, CD Stereo (nice) brand new tires, extended cab, 4 cyllinder, 131k miles, 20-25 mpg. It is dinged up here and there, but aside from it needing a windshield, it is excellent mechanical shape (Everything works). I just put the new tires on it because I thought I might keep it for a while, but I changed my mind.

I am not looking to get any more than fair market value which according to Kelly's blue book, is about 2,800. It is worth it, as far as the cost of transportation goes. The history behind the truck comes as part of the package.

I live in upstate New York, but would be happy to make the trip to the Boston area if there was a buyer. I check my email from time to time (once a week or so) and this is the best way to contact me.

My family thanks the Pat's fans for their support of my son. He had a high pressure job, made even more pressure packed considering the legacy he followed, and the fans accepted him well. We appreciate that. I am confident your front office got their money's worth. {Can Adam Vinatieri claim to be perfect in the playoffs? My son can ;o) }

All kidding aside, I recently returned from the game in Indianapolis in the same truck. I would take it there again if I had to, which is only to say that the truck is very reliable.

So if there are any interested parties, send me an Email and I will make arrangements to call you. I am not easy to reach which is why I have to do the email thing.

GO PATS

Larry Gostkowski

PS Did you see who the experts are picking as the top candidate to make it to the next superbowl?

Your son is doing a great job Mr. Gostkowski. I watched during draft day, and when his name was called, I remarked to someone, well there's our new kicker!!!!!

Mr. Gostkowski,

Thanks for your son, and congrats on a great rookie season. Please pass our best wishes on to Stephen, and best of luck selling the truck.

Should I really be the first to ask how sure we are that this is indeed Stephen's dad? Not that I want the truck or anything, but just in case someone in this forum does, it would be nice if there was a way to prove that the current owner of this truck is indeed the kicker for the pats.

Howdy Pat's fans...

GO PATS

Larry Gostkowski

Your son is a great addition to the team, I knew he would be from watching him in Training camp.

Anyway, if you are The Ghosts dad. I have a suggestion for you.

Why don't you put it up for auction? Starting bid $2,800. Donate all proceeds to charity. Miguels Bread of Life food pantry would be a good one.

You /he can take a tax write off for it and some Patriots fan will have the truck as a keepsake. Win/Win all around.

Just a suggestion if you are Steve's father.

Your son is a great addition to the team, I knew he would be from watching him in Training camp.

Anyway, if you are The Ghosts dad. I have a suggestion for you.

Why don't you put it up for auction? Starting bid $2,800. Donate all proceeds to charity. Miguels Bread of Life food pantry would be a good one.

You /he can take a tax write off for it and some Patriots fan will have the truck as a keepsake. Win/Win all around.

Just a suggestion if you are Steve's father.
he already sold it.

LOL!!!!!! And this isnt considered spam?

Good grief.

Did you want to bump up your post count? This thread was dead five months ago:rolleyes:

It's sort of hard for me to believe the original post was legit. Why would the father of an NFL player drive an old pickup truck from upstate New York to Indianapolis to watch his son play in the conference title game? Don't you think he could afford to fly?

Did you want to bump up your post count? This thread was dead five months ago:rolleyes:[/QUOTE

i would like to bump my post count up...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing