PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3rd for one year rental of Boldin/Burgess which do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah now that we're talking facts, truth and honesty then give me your honest opinion about trading our 3rd for Burgess ? Was it a good move or a not so good move?, I'll put it into as basic a question as possible. We await your honest response ?

In hindsight it wasn't a good move. It might have been a good move if they did it three months earlier because Burgess actually played well the last month of the season. But we will never know that. I wouldn't be upset if the Pats resigned the guy. I actually think the guy could be productive now that he feels comfortable in the system.

Every team has bad moves that look like crap in hindsight. I don't really blame them as much as other in that trade because Burgess was plan C or D. Plan A was Peppers who wouldn't play ball and sign his tender so the Pats could negotiate with the Panthers. Plan B was Jason Taylor who all signs pointed to him signing with the Pats until the Dolphins got nervous and decided to bring him back themselves rather than let him go to the Pats. Plan C was seeing if someone on the roster would step up.

Again, the 2010 offseason have begun. Why are we constantly rehashing traded from the 2009 preseason. The Boldin situation was nothing like the Burgess situation and comparing the two is ignoring the facts.

Another comparison of grapefruits and raisins, people post something to prove a belief they already had..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes