Welcome to PatsFans.com

3rd and 5 with 2:03 left

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SanAngeloState, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanAngeloState

SanAngeloState Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The clock was going to stop anyway. We should have/could have thrown on this play instead of running the same play for the 3rd time.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
  2. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We did a Woodhead draw play because of the way the Pittsburgh defense was aligned (no coverage in the flat). Turns out they baited us. They were waiting for that. In retrospect we should have known, because when asked about Fred Taylor, the first word out of Tomlin's mouth was "We're impressed with what Woodhead has done."
  3. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 25 / -14

No Jersey Selected

I agree. A fake hand-off to BJGE, then a pass to Crumpler at the chains might've sealed the deal.
    Another deal-sealing play they might consider would be having Edelman split wide,
    then take the hand-off with a run/pass option. Hernandez on a reverse, also from a tight formation,
    could be another possibility. Anything but BJGE off LT for the 3rd straight time.
  4. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I would be much more upset by a failed gimmick play then a failed draw play. That was not the time in the game to try and be trickey. Not to mention they have made it pretty clear they perfer Tom do the passing.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  5. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Not necessarily in that situation, but I'm still waiting for the return of the fake receiver screen. There was an awesome one by Givens against Indy back in the day where he took a step, Brady pumped, the defender bit, and Givens went upfield free for a TD. Seems like the defense sees these screens coming a lot, so maybe show it, pump fake then go downfield to someone else.
  6. jaychamp

jaychamp Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Even if it doesn't work it will keep them honest. Seems like win win to me.
  7. smg93

smg93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Double fake reverse then hand of to BJGE then flea flicker which tom then hands back to BJGE on a "bootleg" to the right. Tom runs a 5 yard pattern and BJGE fakes a pass to him before lawfirm decides to run the 5 yards north south style.

I don't understand why everyone wants to make this game so darn complicated... :D
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#3 Jersey

I can't see how that wouldn't work ;)
  9. Patjew

Patjew PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

2003 AFCCG.

I still want to see them run one wildcat play with Jewlian back at QB. Just one.
  10. A.C Vegas

A.C Vegas Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think that would be fantastic and i think they are saving that for when they need it like this game this week
  11. The_Riddler

The_Riddler Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree and I said it right then, that we had nothing lose by throwing on that down to try and put the game away, basic clock management 101 and a more realistic chance of picking up the 3rd down play against the best run stopping defense in football. Especially where we had our way in the passing game the entire night. Real head scratcher why O'B didn't call a play action pass there.................
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.