PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

37 of the 54 Patriots players have never won a playoff game

Status
Not open for further replies.
i believe this team has been playing as if it was the playoffs for the past couple of months

i dont think they need to do too much when the playoffs are here, because theyve have treated their most recent games as if everything depended on them

It might be my imagination, but Big Vince seems to have stepped it up this year as a leader and spokeman.
Apart from Brady, who is in a class of his own, Big Vince is my favorite player (and my son's as well). He is paying alot more downs with all the injuries it seems like and doing a great job.
I LOVE it when a runner is headed east, and Big Vince is headed west, and they collide. I swear, Newton would have to revise one or two of his laws of physics.... A body in motion will stay in motion unless an opposite force is applied, and when that opposite force is wearing a #75 Patriots jersey, the body in motion suddenly is propelled backwards at a greater force than that body's initial velocity.

No imagination at all. vince picked up the gauntlet once he signed his new contract and his one man line display against Green bay was just phenomenal. We had three linemen at one point and warren is a bit gimpy.

I agree that playoff experience is important, but i think this team is a special case. BB is very hands on and personal and demanding that Brady and Wilfork stand upas leaders daily.

It's almost like they're his generals and he's whipping those troops into shape. I sure don't feel like McCourty is a rookie, though i know he is. It's quite a cult of personality this year. I have lots of confidence in our young players.

I think the Jets game was a good "Playoff" test. That game was as close to a playoff atmosphere as you can get and they handled it with flying colors.

It might be my imagination, but Big Vince seems to have stepped it up this year as a leader and spokeman.
Apart from Brady, who is in a class of his own, Big Vince is my favorite player (and my son's as well). He is paying alot more downs with all the injuries it seems like and doing a great job.

The way both Wilfork and Brady have stepped up the leadership is really something. That type of presence was missing last year, even with these two on the team. I'm thinking that's because of Wilfork's uncertain contract status; and Brady's being away for most of a year before returning to a changed locker room. We'll probably never know what role, if any, they played behind the scenes getting the bad influences out of the locker room. But it's clear that they both saw it as their role to be THE leaders this year, and they have been. It started with Brady's "we need to listen to our coach" and has carried on from there.

The way both Wilfork and Brady have stepped up the leadership is really something. That type of presence was missing last year, even with these two on the team. I'm thinking that's because of Wilfork's uncertain contract status; and Brady's being away for most of a year before returning to a changed locker room. We'll probably never know what role, if any, they played behind the scenes getting the bad influences out of the locker room. But it's clear that they both saw it as their role to be THE leaders this year, and they have been. It started with Brady's "we need to listen to our coach" and has carried on from there.

I'd also add, as I've said before, that in the past I think Brady saw his leadership duties more confined to the offense. With Harrison, Bruschi, et al. gone, he stepped up to be a vocal leader for the whole team 1 year later than he ideally should have. He's fixed that now.

The only thing i m worried about headed into the playoffs is the lack of playoff experience these guys have.. the O i am not worried about because of Brady...but the D is still going to make me nervous going into playoffs...not taking anything away from these guys as i cant believe how well they are playing being this young.

Without looking, trying to see if I can memorize the 17 that did win (and it's assuming that guys on IR don't count) :

1. Tom Brady
2. Fred Taylor
3. Sammy Morris
4. Deion Branch
5. Wes Welker
6. Alge Crumpler
7. Matt Light
8. Logan Mankins
9. Dan Koppen
10. Dan Connolly
11. Vince Wilfork
12. Mike Wright
13. Tully Banta-Cain
14. Brandon Meriweather
15. James Sanders
16. ?????
17. ?????

Got stuck on the last two. Looked it up and they are Matt Katula and Tracy White. No wonder those names escaped me. :)

Without looking, trying to see if I can memorize the 17 that did win (and it's assuming that guys on IR don't count) :

1. Tom Brady
2. Fred Taylor
3. Sammy Morris
4. Deion Branch
5. Wes Welker
6. Alge Crumpler
7. Matt Light
8. Logan Mankins
9. Dan Koppen
10. Dan Connolly
11. Vince Wilfork
12. Mike Wright
13. Tully Banta-Cain
14. Brandon Meriweather
15. James Sanders
16. ?????
17. ?????

Got stuck on the last two. Looked it up and they are Matt Katula and Tracy White. No wonder those names escaped me. :)
The best compliment to Matt Katula is that nobody knows him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back