PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

34/43, new signings and Big Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a "Get rid of Mayo" thread to go with all the other threads suggesting they get rid of their best players.

Tarpian can easily replace him.

We cant have all pros at all positions. BB does his best to keep the best players ...based on performance and there salary structure...and I still think we had to trade Seymour.

Trading Seymour would have been the wrong thing to do if he had reasonable contract demands.
It wasnt a choice between Seymour and Moss.

Agreed, I love big sey(especially after he punched big Ben) but he's out to get top dollar. He's won enough championships. Pats wouldn't of been able to outbid everyone.

The fact that you are so stupid to try comparing Wilfork's situation to Milloy or Seymour shows how desperate you are.

Milloy had a significant drop in production the year before he was cut. And Milloy's was the only contract (other than Law's) that hadn't already been restructured and could be cut to free up enough cap space.

Seymour's was in the last year of his contract.

What you said IS ridiculous and it's not close to being realistic. You talking in half-truths and grasping as straws.

A thread like this is NOT natural progression especially with the lame attempts at comparisons that are not thought through.

Both Seymour and Milloy were basically salary cap "cuts". To infer its possible that BB is re-evaluating Vince's value at a DT vs NT and the cap ramifications is appropriate. Value is value, it wouldnt surprise me to see Vince traded for a 1st round pick if we were to switch to a 43. No half truths or straws there lone star, keep the personal attacks to your mexican breatheren taking your job at the drive thru. :eek:

Both Seymour and Milloy were basically salary cap "cuts".

No, Milloy had lost at least two steps and Seymour had lots of injuries and wear for a guy wanting his second huge long term contract. Also, I wouldn't put either in Vince's category as an inspirational leader and positive personality.

It's not the only thing wrong with your argument, but if that's your premise...whiff.

I don't agree ~ philosophically ~ that trading Seymour was the best move.

But I certainly concede that there are VERY strong Arguments on the other side.

Honestly, it was only Thunder's uncharacteristically dismissive "end of discussion" noise that I was objecting to...I am never too happy or comfortable when I find myself in agreement with Brother Deuce Awry, and if it's all the same to y'all, we'll just let this one sink...

As for Brother Jeff's notion of moving Brother Vince down the road...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No, Milloy had lost at least two steps and Seymour had lots of injuries and wear for a guy wanting his second huge long term contract.

Also, I wouldn't put either in Vince's category as an inspirational leader and positive personality.

WHOA.
stop%20here.gif

Brother Ray, I am an HUGE fan of your work, but I MUST "voice" a rare disagreement with you on THAT one.

Lawyer Milloy ~ my BOY ~ was an integral part of the SOUL of this team.

And for my money: He always will be.

It is ASTONISHING that we found the Spirit to recover from the way he was let go.

And that is Testimony to this amazing Team's Spirit...and to Coach Bill II ~ The Great.

But please let us not dis Brother Lawyer...an Immortal.

No, Milloy had lost at least two steps and Seymour had lots of injuries and wear for a guy wanting his second huge long term contract. Also, I wouldn't put either in Vince's category as an inspirational leader and positive personality.

It's not the only thing wrong with your argument, but if that's your premise...whiff.

Wow, if Milloy lost 2 steps how did he manage to survive in the league for 3-4 more years? Sey got hurt playing FB, and in his prime he was certainly better than Vince. I think if you see NTs in the league with hurt knees and backs you have to assume a short shelf life. Stop getting sentimental by saying "inspirational leader", that has no point in the arguement. Everyone likes fat guys and dancing bears but here they have to continue to play up to their contracts. I like Vince, hope we keep him, but considering all the recent moves it wouldnt surprise me to get value out of him one way or another.

Both Seymour and Milloy were basically salary cap "cuts". To infer its possible that BB is re-evaluating Vince's value at a DT vs NT and the cap ramifications is appropriate. Value is value, it wouldnt surprise me to see Vince traded for a 1st round pick if we were to switch to a 43. No half truths or straws there lone star, keep the personal attacks to your mexican breatheren taking your job at the drive thru. :eek:

And African Americans can't swim, right jeff?

Well, at least your ignorance isn't limited to your football comments.

Now is the time to trade Brady, his VALUE couldn't be higher and his cap hit is really big. They might be able to get a first round draft choice for him and BB drafted Mallett to replace him. If BB is smart and deals Brady, Welker, Mankins, Wilfork, Mayo, and McCourty he could get a couple of firsts and 4 3rds,that would be awesome, we would own the draft and five years from now we might win a championship. C'mon BB, get the VALUE while we can, they will never be worth so many draft choices ever again.

If you read his prior post you would see him cast the first stone....:rolleyes:

Roll your eyes at someone else. I did read his prior post. There was a thousand different ways you could of responded if you felt slighted by him. Yet you go the Mexican stereo type. Ofcourse you didn't mean it the way it sounded I'm sure.

And African Americans can't swim, right jeff?

Well, at least your ignorance isn't limited to your football comments.

Hey bud, it was a proximity joke to a guy in TX where illegals do take jobs. It was obviously not racial, too bad thats how you took it...:rolleyes:

Hey bud, it was a proximity joke to a guy in TX where illegals do take jobs. It was obviously not racial, too bad thats how you took it...:rolleyes:

I think just about everyone on this board took it as racial and completely inappropriate.

WHOA.
stop%20here.gif

Brother Ray, I am an HUGE fan of your work, but I MUST "voice" a rare disagreement with you on THAT one.

Lawyer Milloy ~ my BOY ~ was an integral part of the SOUL of this team.

And for my money: He always will be.

It is ASTONISHING that we found the Spirit to recover from the way he was let go.

And that is Testimony to this amazing Team's Spirit...and to Coach Bill II ~ The Great.

But please let us not dis Brother Lawyer...an Immortal.

He was offered a contract commensurate with his performance when he had zero production and he spent all TC negotiating and refusing at the last minute, thinking he'd bulldoze them.

Yes Milloy was a huge part of the team, but even in his best days you can find some negative attitudes at least as opposed to Vince where you can't that i know of. He was vocal, but not always positive, though the situation (s?) I recall are lost in the ether by now.

He had a lot of positive and negative in the leadership department, same as Seymour. That doesn't make them bad guys, but i think Vince is an exceptionally positive force, second only to Brady.

What's worse:

A) this thread and the "Trade Welker" thread combined, or
B) the "Trade Brady" thread.

I'm going to have to go with B. Even if you added "Moss is a dog-faker" to A, it would still have to be B.

What's worse:

A) this thread and the "Trade Welker" thread combined, or
B) the "Trade Brady" thread.

I'm going to have to go with B. Even if you added "Moss is a dog-faker" to A, it would still have to be B.

Those were all from the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes