PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

$31M left in 2007 plus carryover

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have 47 players signed for 2007 (I've included our one ERFA). $31M for six players plus escalators is a lot of money. BTW the free agents of note are Samuel, Graham, Koppen, Branch, Izzo, T. Brown, Gay and Guss Scott.

This is very good cap shape indeed.

mgteich said:
We have 47 players signed for 2007 (I've included our one ERFA). $31M for six players plus escalators is a lot of money. BTW the free agents of note are Samuel, Graham, Koppen, Branch, Izzo, T. Brown, Gay and Guss Scott.

This is very good cap shape indeed.

Has Bob Kraft been reading the Jeremy Jacobs Guide to Professional Sports Team Management.

Lowest Payroll in the League and the Most Expensive Hot Dogs in the country.

There are significant players going into FA. it would be terribel if they had no money budgeted to spend on them, but fortunately they do have money available, to at least make the attempt.

Could that be a result of prudent rectitude, in dealing with aging former Stars like Troy B, Milloy, Law, McG, Ted W, et cetera?

Slagathor said:
Has Bob Kraft been reading the Jeremy Jacobs Guide to Professional Sports Team Management.

Yeah, we need new ownership. And our secondary will be in the bottom 1/3 of the league this year.

Right????

shmessy said:
Yeah, we need new ownership. And our secondary will be in the bottom 1/3 of the league this year.

Right????

I suspect he would rather we had James Orthwein again...

shmessy said:

Right????

I'm steadfast on that secondary prediction too. I don't see why folks find it so far-fetched. Oh well, my free beer will taste good anyway.

I am baffled about what all this cap-space is for? Some for Branch I'm sure, but the rest?

gomezcat said:
I suspect he would rather we had James Orthwein again...

Is Victor Kiam still available? Or has he gone to that cheap electric shaver factory in the sky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slagathor said:

At least Bob Kraft can read. You apparently don't get around to that much since you seem to be confusing cap with payroll, a common neophyte mistake. The Pat's have had one of the higher payrolls in the league for the last few years. With Brady and Seymour likely taking home around $25M this year between just them I imagine it will be among the highest once again. And expensive hot dogs are a small price to pay for 3 Lombardi's in 6 seasons. Just ask a Colts fan what they'd be willing to pay for one at the RCA Dome if it meant they would actually win something at the end of the season for a change.

Slagathor said:
I am baffled about what all this cap-space is for? Some for Branch I'm sure, but the rest?

Big party.....you mean you weren't invited?

Slagathor said:
I'm steadfast on that secondary prediction too. I don't see why folks find it so far-fetched. Oh well, my free beer will taste good anyway.

It's for next year when we will need a starting C, #2 TE, #1 or #2 CB, #1 WR, and possibly a FA LB not presently on the roster. Re-signing our own FA in 2007 or signing FA to replace those positions alone would likely eat up in excess of $20M.

BB has total control over the salaries and contracts.

Quite frankly , if Bob Kraft had his way, he would have overpaid for Willie, Ty and Lawyer. He would have overpaid for Adam.

So, if you want to take cheap shots at anyone, take them at the person that is responsible. Sure, BB does consult with Kraft but BB has the final say.

Last edited:
Slagathor said:

Just to clarify...this is 2007 we're talking about.

Once again, the fans are taught by the mediots like wRONg Borges that a positive (i.e. budgeting for your coming free agents) is somehow, someway, a BAD THING!

I'm far from being a contrarian regarding the team, but this board is tough on those who appear to be.

The Kraft/Jacobs comparison was truly tongue in cheek.

Folks are wound up pretty tight and it's only pres-season. That's both sad and admirable at the same time.

Why worry about 2007?

or 2008?

Why not worry about 2006??

We have the best QB in NFL history entering the prime of his career?

Why waste our best opportunity for picking up another Lombardi NOW?

mikey said:
Why worry about 2007?

or 2008?

Why not worry about 2006??

We have the best QB in NFL history entering the prime of his career?

Why waste our best opportunity for picking up another Lombardi NOW?

Broken record. :singing:

Branch wants 8-9 million a year would you give that to him?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy hot dogs in the stadium...I tailgate! Therefore I am full when I enter the stadium!

Now about those damn beer prices...

Slagathor said:
Is Victor Kiam still available? Or has he gone to that cheap electric shaver factory in the sky.

:eek: . Please, no!

First year caps won't average more than $2M a yeaar for those positions, with the possible exception of Branch should he be extended this year.

MoLewisrocks said:
It's for next year when we will need a starting C, #2 TE, #1 or #2 CB, #1 WR, and possibly a FA LB not presently on the roster. Re-signing our own FA in 2007 or signing FA to replace those positions alone would likely eat up in excess of $20M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing