PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

30 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsrock

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Hard to believe that Super Bowl XX was 30 years ago today.

8 years old when I watched that game and balled my eyes out after that loss.

Wasn't born yet definitely didnt miss out on anything @ final score

Hard to believe that Super Bowl XX was 30 years ago today.

8 years old when I watched that game and balled my eyes out after that loss.

but that was the most exciting starting few seconds of any of the Pats superbowls...

but that was the most exciting starting few seconds of any of the Pats superbowls...

Fumble recovery, A pass to Dawsom and bam ACL torn and no catch. A pass to Morgan and Singletary just got enough in the way to distract Morgan from a easy catch and TD. Another inc. FG in 1:23. Then on the first pass on Bears next drive Blackmon drops a easy pick 6 which would have put Pats up 10-0 less than 2 mins in to the game. But after the dropped INT all went to hell for Pats.

Want born yet but my grandma was apparently bummed out by it

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

My parents had a game room in their basement. I remember getting on the floor and punching and kicking it.

Hey at least they scored - Chicago's other playoff opponents didn't.

That was also the last time a 15+ win team won the Super Bowl.

Yup, I was 16 and did not go to school the next day. That game was hard to watch but they had very little chance. I remember jumping for joy when they got that first fumble but crying later in the night.

Actually, the Denver game the next year is one that still pains me. That 86 team was one of my favorites.

I was 15, and remember thinking that was the only opportunity I might get to ever see the Pats in the Superbowl and resigned to being happy with winning the AFCE and playoffs. When I turned 21, I just drank through Sundays in the early 90s until Parcells and Bledsoe arrived.

I was too young (first grade) to know what was going on, but I remember being told to wear red, white, and blue to school. A kid named Matt wore the most R,W,& B so he won a kazoo. I started watching football the next year. The Broncos turned 3 of my first 4 Super Bowls into jokes. Now they're about to do the same to 2 of my last 3. Full circle.

The team was on an awesome roll thru the playoffs, right up to the Dawson injury. That injury seemed to discombobulate their heads. From that point on, the game was out of control.

That Bears team had the most dominant defense that I ever saw play. In our regular season game with them that year the Pats (a pretty strong team) went beyond midfield exactly once, on a long TD run by Craig James. Neither NFC team scored a point against them in the playoffs.

They only victory that day was keeping the running back out of the end zone. What was his name again?

Still have that game on VHS, it was the first thing I ever recorded on our spanking new VCR...

Since then, whenever we suffer a season ending loss, I newspaper the windows of my living room, listen to the Super Bowl Shuffle on repeat and watch it til my eyes bleed. (j/k)

In all seriousness, next to the GB loss in 96, Super Bowl XX was the worst loss I've experienced and I've experienced a lot... I guess they get easier to get over with age...

I was in college....my girlfriend dumped me because I chose to watch the game with my drunk friends instead of with her and another couple

I was in college....my girlfriend dumped me because I chose to watch the game with my drunk friends instead of with her and another couple

So you are the reason we lost right . If you had just watched it with her Pats would have pulled biggest upset 16 year earlier than 2002. Ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots