PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

30 second snapshot - Vonte Davis & Malcolm Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Davis's brother is the meathead TE from San Francisco but he is still a highly rated junior CB prospect.

I saw just 2 oe 3 minutes of the Illinois / Ohio State game. They focused on Davis and Malcom Jenkins.

Both a big corners, athletic. Jenkins is more polished. Very hard to tell if they are elite but both are projected for round 1.

There's some impressive ball skills among the junior and senior CBs in this draft. And I doubt BB is interested in those ranked in round one, such as the two you listed. I think he'll go the route he's gone in the past w/ Hobbs, Wheatley, Samuel, by looking at the best ball skills and perhaps returner ability from rounds 2-4. As we say from draft to draft, "BB can never have enough CBs".

If BB does select Vonte Davis, he would be the third CB Belichick has drafted from Illinois. Eugene Wilson and Christian Morton were selected in back-to-back drafts several years ago, but I doubt there's any connection there as the head coaches have changed.

Jenkins most likely will be among the first CBs taken, ruling the Pats out from consideration. Doesn't matter though, as BB has the ability to find CBs outside of round one.

FWIW, check out the list of Jim Thorpe semi-finalists, there's a few Pats prospects there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back