PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 weeks from now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about the Fins game yet. Let's beat the Ravens and then the Steelers and then worry about the Fins.

If you don't care then don't respond to this thread.

are you telling us what to care about?

Records only affect the spread by affecting bettor attitudes. If you want to guess the spread you'll have to guess the bettor attitudes and what Vegas will do to counter it (as they had to go overboard for the Eagles, and went underboard for other teams.)

Bettor attitudes are indeed affected by records, although records don't always tell the whole story. Case in point: Eagles.

If you want to jump on a spread bandwagon it can be dangerous because the same forces (bettor attitudes that drive the spread make it a very unreliable means to determine the actual differences between teams.

In other words, the bettors are stupid at times and following bettors like a lemming is not an adventure I plan on taking soon.

The Dolphins will have something to play for, they have had success against our defense already this year, and they have the Eagles film. I don't think they can stop our offense, but picking a reliable spread for that game gets dicey for me when you go above 2 TDs. I expect them to tool our defense by air. I think we have some serious problems.

That would also seal home field advantage.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the tie breakers, but the only way the Miami game could be for home field advantage is if we're no longer undefeated, so it couldn't be 14-0 v. 0-14 and also be for HFA.

hey, I'm not gonna bet the game.
I just thought 0-14 vs 14-0 would be an interesting plot.

as it turns out, it's never happened before, so it would really be something.
I think the records being so disparate would make people be sure of who was gonna win, but you always have to evalaute for yohurself 'how much' you think they're likely to win by if betting, and that is always a crapshoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back