PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 weeks from now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If all goes well, we could be looking at...

Miami Dolphins (0-14) at New England Patriots (14-0)

Imagine the point spread for that one?

Probably a lot closer then you think. The whole dolphins/pride/1972 thing going.

Probably a lot closer then you think. The whole dolphins/pride/1972 thing going.

And they'll have nothing to lose. They have no post season. Nothing else to fight for. They'll throw everything they go at them. It could be very ugly.

I hope we'll be 14-0 in 3 weeks. Can't look beyond the Ravens next week, and the Steelers in two weeks. Go Pats:rocker:

The line will be bigger when the Jets come to town

Miami probably will get 27 pts
Jets probably will get 30 pts

we've got the ravens and steelers first, don't we? as for the spread, i just want to win the game. that's what i took away from sunday night's game.

By that time, I think Miami will have beaten the Jets and Baltimore at home; I think the Dolphins are better than their record indicates. In which case I think the Pats-Jets game will have had a larger spread than what we see vs Miami.

Although again, the spread reflects the public's perception, which perhaps would skew the larger spread to Miami as uneducated bettors recall how Miami was undefeated most of the season.

I don't usually look ahead but I expect both these games to be tougher than people think. Esp. if the Phins are still winless.

Their defense did play tough last night despite getting no help from their offense in regards to field position.

The Pats only need to win 3/5 (as another poster has mentioned) to clinch HFA. While I root hard for them to win every remaining game, I would not be heartbroken with a close loss as long as they clinch HFA.

I wonder if the rules will be broken by NBC to put this game on prime time...

Indy has a couple of decent games in the next two weeks -- they should win them both and probably will. But let's imagine they drop one. Not out of the question.

It's theoretically possible that the AFC could be wrapped up in a week and a half if that happened, if the patriots win the next 2.

Given today's developments at linebacker, I sort of wonder, if that happened, whether the team might almost go to a preseason game type mode for those last three games. Even against the Jets.

Indy has a couple of decent games in the next two weeks -- they should win them both and probably will. But let's imagine they drop one. Not out of the question.

It's theoretically possible that the AFC could be wrapped up in a week and a half if that happened, if the patriots win the next 2.

Given today's developments at linebacker, I sort of wonder, if that happened, whether the team might almost go to a preseason game type mode for those last three games. Even against the Jets.

No effin way. BB wants the whole enchilada this year. He rests no one until we've either gone all the way or we've unexpectedly lost a game and it no longer makes a difference. We're 11 and 0 and he smells the blood in the water. :D

No effin way. BB wants the whole enchilada this year. He rests no one until we've either gone all the way or we've unexpectedly lost a game and it no longer makes a difference. We're 11 and 0 and he smells the blood in the water. :D

I have nightmares about Rodney last year against Tennessee. I think Seau, Bruschi, Seymour and Harrison need to be kickin' it with those snazzy silver warmups jackets with all the mini hologtams- we will still beat the Jets and Dolphins - so it will be cool.

I think the biggest spread in nfl history will be the jets game. My guess is 27.5.

Just wondering, but has an 0-14 team ever met a 14-0 team before ?

It might be historic in that sense.

and the dolphins have traded away randy mcmichael and chris chambers,
and lost to injury trent green, ronnie brown, jesse chatman, and ricky williams, zach thomas has been out lately from concussions, and they cut daunte culpepper.
all they have left is jason taylor, joey porter, tedd ginn jr, and beck.

and their head coach cam cameron, in his first go round as a head honcho, looks absolutely lost. terrible decision making and play calling. I still can't believe they picked Ginn where they did in the draft.

in 1972, when the dolphins went undefeated, they beat the pats 52-0, I see a similiar result in this game, only with fortunes reversed of course.

A week ago the playoffs seemed very close. Right now, week 14 feels very far away to me.

Although again, the spread reflects the public's perception, which perhaps would skew the larger spread to Miami as uneducated bettors recall how Miami was undefeated most of the season.

You mean "unvictorious".

That would also seal home field advantage.

Just wondering, but has an 0-14 team ever met a 14-0 team before ?
No. The only team to be at 14 - 0 was the '72 Dolphins and that was at the end of the regular season. The only team that was ever at 0 - 14 was the TB Bucs in 1976, at the end of the season.

I don't care about the Fins game yet. Let's beat the Ravens and then the Steelers and then worry about the Fins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes