PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Up, 3 Down: Patriots Roll In Baffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk had a fumble, 2 drops, and another two passes that were easily catchable but not drops. This is not what the best TE in football should be doing. He's a down for me too.

Gronk had a fumble, 2 drops, and another two passes that were easily catchable but not drops. This is not what the best TE in football should be doing. He's a down for me too.

Its not a drop when you get hit and the ball gets knocked out.
So your standard is that he is so good he should have had 150 yards, so that makes 100 bad? Interesting.

Its not a drop when you get hit and the ball gets knocked out.
So your standard is that he is so good he should have had 150 yards, so that makes 100 bad? Interesting.

Yea, it's still a drop. Defensive players play the game.

My standard isn't on numbers. If Gronk is covered all game, it happens. That wasn't the case today. He did not perform as well as he should have. The fact that he had a decent stat line any way in no way changes this.

I'd include the chicken littles in the game thread in the down category, but that's just me.

Also, how about Donald Thomas filling in for Logan Mankins and contributing the the Pats stellar running game performance?

Last edited:

My standard isn't on numbers. If Gronk is covered all game, it happens. That wasn't the case today. He did not perform as well as he should have. The fact that he had a decent stat line any way in no way changes this.

No it is not a drop if it knocked out by contact.

OK, so playing well doesnt count as playing well because you think he should have played better. Gotcha

Without Gronk we either lose this game or its a nail-biter.

Gronk played great the last 20-25 mins of the game. You're blind if you didn't see him struggle before that.

No it is not a drop if it knocked out by contact.

OK, so playing well doesnt count as playing well because you think he should have played better. Gotcha

This was overall not one of his better performances. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

"Yeah it's tough, I had a fumble and everything, a couple of drops, and I just need to execute plays," Gronkowski said of getting back on the field after the fumble. "I can't be having that. It hurts the team a lot, I need to be protecting the ball better. No doubt about that. It's awesome that Tom came back to me, trusted my abilities, trusted me the whole game, kept throwing me passes."

Gronk bounces back after slow start - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

This was overall not one of his better performances. I don't know what's so hard to understand about that.

But he had good fantasy numbers, so he must have had a great game.

Really? That's as baffling a statement as I've ever read.

Really? That's as baffling a statement as I've ever read.

He had a costly fumble and a couple of drops that hurt momentum. His statline, while good, does not erase the fact that he had an up and down game. I don't think anybody is implying that he sucked today. Comapred to his own standards, it was not one of his better games.

Now if his name was Rod Rutledge, we would say he had an overall great day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes