PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 TE Set with Randy Moss in

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
We need to realize the true value of Moss in this situation. Any other wr and teams might consider covering with a single d-back. But teams will always double cover when Moss is in. It would be foolish not to. The first time he is single covered the 3 TE turns into max protect and Moss is going deep.

So literally Moss is taking two guys and leaving 9 defenders to stop a power run package. I think this package will be very useful against the giants considering last game Kyle Brady and our right side of the line didn't play.

yet people will look at his stats for the game and complain complain complain

We need to realize the true value of Moss in this situation. Any other wr and teams might consider covering with a single d-back. But teams will always double cover when Moss is in. It would be foolish not to. The first time he is single covered the 3 TE turns into max protect and Moss is going deep.

So literally Moss is taking two guys and leaving 9 defenders to stop a power run package. I think this package will be very useful against the giants considering last game Kyle Brady and our right side of the line didn't play.

Moss had single coverage for much of the day (don't know if TV pointed this out. Brady went to him twice, both incomplete. In the set you describe, he was strictly a blocker. Bolts had single coverage on Moss all day.

I did notice single coverage at times. There were times even in the end zone(I think before the Cromartie pick) it was single coverage. Maybe the Pats were intent on pounding the ball. I'd have to look back at the replay of that game to see how much single coverage there was in the 3rd and 4th when they pounded the ball. All it takes is one play action on that set and going deep to Moss.

So why do you think the pats didn't try to go to moss deep at least once out of that set if he had single coverage???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes