Replies:
Asking for your support

Grade the 2006 draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennings- 6/109/2 TDS
Jackson- counting his cash, and laughing at the Pats.

Maroney's a pretty average runner, overshadowed by ***trash heap guys like Sammy Morris*** and Lamont Jordan.

Wow! How soon they forget. Last year Morris was getting all kinds of love from this board before he got his sternum crushed.

Now he's garbage :(.

Jennings- 6/109/2 TDS
Jackson- counting his cash, and laughing at the Pats.

counting his cash? Have you seen the jewelry he wears? He already spent this year's pay check.

counting his cash? Have you seen the jewelry he wears? He already spent this year's pay check.

Next week he'll be hawking his jewelry to pay the mortgage.

Some year's you get a true diamond in the rough (Tom Brady 6th round, 199 pick overall) some times you get a lump of coal in the early second (Chad Jackson). I gave the 2006 draft a C. It wasn't a disaster, but we could have done much better.

Last edited:
3 Starters for the Patriots
2 Backups for the Patriots
1 Backup for the Vikings
1 player who was a special teamer until criminality cost him
1 player who may very well end up on another team's roster

So, out of 10 draft picks, 7 of which were in the 4th round or later, 6 are still in the NFL, 1 will likely end up on an NFL roster this year or next, and 1 would be on an NFL roster if he hadn't pissed away his career by getting arrested. Of the 6 picks in rounds 1-5, only Jackson is currently not on an NFL roster.

Once again, the vast majority of the board votes C and below, and you tell us how great a draft the pats had. Are you capable of being critical of anything that the patriots do?

Weird:disagreement:

Last edited:
Once again, the vast majority of the board votes C and below, and you tell us how great a draft the pats had. Are you capable of being critical of anything that the patriots do?

Weird:disagreement:

Funny..... In looking at the poll, I can see that the vast majority of the board votes C and above, yet you piss and moan about seemingly all things Patriots.

Funny..... In looking at the poll, I can see that the vast majority of the board votes C and above, yet you piss and moan about seemingly all things Patriots.

I didn't know that Belichick's mother posted on the board.

Hello Mrs Belichick, I think your son is great.

I voted B, but I would have graded it a B-/C+ if there had been one of those options. Maroney, Thomas and Gost have panned out (when Maroney and Thomas are healthy, at least) and Gost has been excellent. O'Callaghan is a backup who can't beat out Kascur, who has been having his problems. I guess I've now convinced myself I maybe should have voted C!

Funny about the 3 starters you mentioned - Have any of them done squat to make a difference in a game pulling a win from what appeared as a loss? - UH,No - Maroney has yet to be a player you could say was the reason the team won and has been injured nearly as much as he has played.

So because they are starters this makes the draft better? (and I don't even know if Thomas is really a starter because he is better or just out there because of Watson's injury then back to being the backup TE)

If the players you mentioned have not been a game changer at any real time since 2006 then how can this draft be ranked so high by some of the ball washers in here? - The draft gets a D+ period.

What you point out as success simply because the 3 players are starters is beyond ridiculous - How about they show us why they were chosen as starters before saying the 2006 draft was so great eh?

Maroney's a pretty average runner, overshadowed by trash heap guys like Sammy Morris and Lamont Jordan.

Jackson was pretty much the definition of a bust.

Thomas looked good in his rookie year and then missed last season, but is solidifying himself as the top TE on the roster this year. He's probably the best of the day 1 picks, despite Maroney's better absolute production.

Mills looks pretty good... for a different team. I wish they had kept this guy, they could have used him.

Gostkowski was the draft's best pick. Booming kickoffs and very good accuracy have made us forget about Vinatieri.

O'Callaghan has started some games but RT remains a weak position and he is injured. Not a bad guy to have around but certainly no stud.

Mincey and Stevenson were both cut during camp and are out of the league.

Smith and Andrews both have contributed to the team, though Andrews is now out of the league but that has more to do with conduct than talent as he was a pretty good special teamer.

Altogether, I'd give the draft a C-.

Ghost has made me forget about Vinny pretty much.....well except for the FG attempt that he "didn't get a chance to kick" in the SB.....not sure why BB didn't have the confidence in him there.....something makes me believe Vinatieri would have given the go ahead on that kick........But make no mistake....Gost is an awesome kicker.....hope he is here for years to come...

Is BriZ serious with his A?

who gave it an A? a Jet fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back