PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3-Round Mock (YDKF): Fletcher Cox, Alfonzo Dennard, Joe Adams, Travis Lewis, D Molk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 3-Round Mock (YDKF): Fletcher Cox, Alfonzo Dennard, Joe Adams, Travis Lewis, D Mo

Yeah, well its not only JPP, its also Connor Barwin, who played in the same team as Wolfe. Poor competition Big East is not, SEC is very overhyped.

And no one in here was touting Barwin as a 1st round pick for the Pats. Most wanted him in the middle to late 2nd.

Please show me where I have mentioned the SEC ONCE. Yeah. That's right. You can't. So you bring up more stupidity.

Not once in that Kentucky vid did Cox force the Qb to go to a different receiver than he intented to. Not once. The overthrows were the result of Qb's inacuracy, not because Cox got his hands into the passing lanes. At 5:09 in the Kentucky vid the Qb overthrew an pretty open receiver, when he had a clear passing lane, and Cox was away to his right completely held in check by 1 OL. So your argument is as usual complete BS.

What is complete BS is your ability to tell what is actually happening in a play. There were no fewer than 3 times where Cox came in with his arms up and the QB went the other direction. Because Cox was there. And there were 2 over-throws where he threw it HIGH over Cox's arms.

Nothing you have said has proven that JPP got more double-teams than Wolfe. Nothing.

LOL what idiocy. You make it sound like JPP fell out of the sky in his junior high school year and didnt knew anything about football before. When the reality is that he grew up in football-crazy America, so he surely knew a lot about american football before his junior year. Even if he didnt knew anything, he still had plenty of years before his last college year to learn.

This just goes to show that you don't know wtf you are talking about. JPP joined his football team for 1 play-off game his junior year. He didn't LIKE the sport before that and hadn't focused on it worth a damn. He loved and played basketball both before and after his junior year (He lettered all 4 years in BBall). So, yes, he pretty much DID fall out of the sky his Junior year and didn't know much about football before that. So, prior to be drafted, he had a total of 4 seasons of organized football under his belt.

The comparison makes a lot of sense because both JPP and Wolfe are great pass rushers, and played in the same conference. But this is something that is clearly beyond your level of comprehension.
The comparison makes no sense because Wolfe had 10 years of football before he entered the draft and was not considered RAW by any stretch of the imagination. My comprehension of the situation is light years beyond yours. You've proven that.

The "feeble competition" idiotic argument is just that, an idiotic argument. If the competition was so feeble, JPP should have had a lot more success than he did.

No. He wouldn't necessarily have more success if his technique was bad or if he was just relying on his physical skills in college.

Ofcourse we can lump them all together when we talk about the OLs from one conference supposedly being more "feeble" competition than the OLs from SEC. That was the idiotic argument someone came up with, to excuse Cox's lack of production sack-wise. You intervened in this discussion with the exact intent you accused me doing, you were trying to baffle others with BS.
Big East Conference have produced plenty of great OLs, including Pats great center Dan Koppen.

It's amazing how you spew BS. You are the only person who said SQUAT about the SEC O-lines. No one else did. Yet you are harping on it like some dumbarse.

I didn't "intervene" in anything. You are posting on a public message board and you were talking out your arse. As you have done on numerous occasions. All I did was point out how you were talking out your arse with your pathetic statements that are totally unsupported.

Re: 3-Round Mock (YDKF): Fletcher Cox, Alfonzo Dennard, Joe Adams, Travis Lewis, D Mo

And no one in here was touting Barwin as a 1st round pick for the Pats. Most wanted him in the middle to late 2nd.

For the record Patchick wanted Barwin in the 1st, I wanted him in the early 2nd but instead we got Ron Brace.

I was like the biggest Barwin fan ever. He's still my favorite Patriots draft prospect since I started really following the draft (2008). I would've taken him at 23.

Please show me where I have mentioned the SEC ONCE. Yeah. That's right. You can't. So you bring up more stupidity.

You bring up more stupidity, more BS, and more talk out of your arse. This discussion about OLs started when a poster claimed that Wolfe faced a "feeble competition" than Cox. Wolfe's competition was mainly Big East OLs, while Cox's competition was mainly SEC OLs. So the discussion was about SEC OLs, but I already know that you are too ignorant to even count properly, so Im not surprised that you dont know what the discussion was about.

What is complete BS is your ability to tell what is actually happening in a play. There were no fewer than 3 times where Cox came in with his arms up and the QB went the other direction. Because Cox was there. And there were 2 over-throws where he threw it HIGH over Cox's arms.

Here is the vid again.
Fletcher Cox vs Kentucky 2011 - YouTube
At no time in this vid does the QB throw in other direction than intended because of Cox. On the contrary, there were at least 4 plays were the QB threw and completed over Cox. 2:58 3:31 6:04 and 6:51.
I guess that this 4 plays prove that he doesnt know how to get his hands into the passing lanes, even when the passing lane is right over his head. So your stupid claim that he does know how to get his hands up into the passing lanes is once more exposed as complete BS. Ofcourse, 0 passes defended in his entire college career should have already told you that, but you just had to talk out of your arse, and make a stupid statement that is completely unsupported both by stats and by visual evidence.
There was only one over-throw over Cox, at 1:17, when the QB overthrew his receiver because of his own inacuracy. Cox's late hit didnt influence the overthrow. The QB had his feet set up and a clear passing lane before Cox got to him.

This just goes to show that you don't know wtf you are talking about. JPP joined his football team for 1 play-off game his junior year. He didn't LIKE the sport before that and hadn't focused on it worth a damn. He loved and played basketball both before and after his junior year (He lettered all 4 years in BBall). So, yes, he pretty much DID fall out of the sky his Junior year and didn't know much about football before that. So, prior to be drafted, he had a total of 4 seasons of organized football under his belt.

The comparison makes no sense because Wolfe had 10 years of football before he entered the draft and was not considered RAW by any stretch of the imagination. My comprehension of the situation is light years beyond yours. You've proven that.

No. He wouldn't necessarily have more success if his technique was bad or if he was just relying on his physical skills in college.

Yeah, I guess JPP is ******ed and cant learn football in 4 years. He needs 10 or 20.

It's amazing how you spew BS. You are the only person who said SQUAT about the SEC O-lines. No one else did. Yet you are harping on it like some dumbarse.

I'm also amazed at how you spew your BS. But then again, you cant even count, I'm not surprised at your ignorance.
In fact, other person did talk about the SEC OLs when he claimed that Wolfe faced a "feeble competition" than Cox. But I know that you are just too ignorant to even count properly, so why should I be surprised that you cant even realize that a person talked indirectly about the SEC OLs when he claimed that Wolfe faced "feeble competition" than Cox.

I didn't "intervene" in anything. You are posting on a public message board and you were talking out your arse. As you have done on numerous occasions. All I did was point out how you were talking out your arse with your pathetic statements that are totally unsupported.

You intervened in the discussion about the OLs and you didn't even realize that the discussion was for the most part about SEC OLs vs Big East OLs.
You claimed that no one else talked about the SEC OLs when in fact they did (indirectly, but you are just too ignorant to even notice).
You made the stupid claim that Cox does know how to get his hands up into the passing lanes, when in fact he has 0 pass defended in his entire college career, and there were 4 passes completed over his head in the Kentucky vid alone.
I have exposed your BS, your lies, your talking out of your arse time and time and time again. Anyone with half a brain can see who's making the pathetic statements that a totally unsupported.

For the record Patchick wanted Barwin in the 1st, I wanted him in the early 2nd but instead we got Ron Brace.

I don't remember her wanting Barwin in the 1st. But I guess everyone is entitled to a mistake now and then.. :D

Can we stay a little respectful? :p

What I see in Cox is a guy with great explosiveness off the line, he's in the backfield a lot blowing up run plays but I'm not sure if the Pats go to any 2-gapping he would be ideal for them...he doesn't seem like the patient type; the guy who will happily eat up a double team instead of his sack numbers so that a LB can make a play behind him. I think if we 1-gap a little more this guy could be a machine for us. I want to see us 1 gap more with the new hybrid.

I don't rate Cox against the pass a great deal myself. I think he could work on his pass rushing moves a bit more and as mentioned, I think he could do better to read the QBs eyes and react to the pass and get his hands up better than he already does.

I personally like him though ans wouldn't complain if we took him. He's the type of versatile player we need. However, I think we can get Crick in the second and pick a speed end up somewhere else...I prefer Crick in defending the pass.

Last edited:

The more I think about it I'd rather address DT in free agency than roll the dice on a late 1st round prospect. A guy like Red Bryant from Seattle really comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes