PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 of 5 Boston Globe Writers Picked the Jets Over the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone read the paper his morning? This is completely ridiculous! Ron Borges, Greg Lee, and Jim McBride picked the Jets to win, while Chris Gasper and Mike Reiss picked the Pats.

By the way, the season record for picks for Borges is 116-133, Greg Lee 115-134, and McBride 124-125. NONE of these so-called "experts" could even crack .500 on the year.

Anyone read the paper his morning? This is completely ridiculous! Ron Borges, Greg Lee, and Jim McBride picked the Jets to win, while Chris Gasper and Mike Reiss picked the Pats.

By the way, the season record for picks for Borges is 116-133, Greg Lee 115-134, and McBride 124-125. NONE of these so-called "experts" could even crack .500 on the year.
Not that I care what they think, but were they by any chance picking against the spread?

Who cares. It's irrelevant.

Not that I care what they think, but were they by any chance picking against the spread?

Yes, they always pick againts the spread. Now, I'd like to see what it is with just win and no spread.

I have a suspicion that the spread is big to get idiots to gamble on the Jets. This game will be a blow out.

You mean "3 out of 5 Globe interns picked the Jets over the Pats" don't you?
:bricks:

Keep your pants on Maverick, the picks are always against the spread. The original line was 9 points, hardly a number you just ignore if you're picking games based on the number.

You media haters crack me up - you want 'unbiased' reporting but then you scream when sportswriters don't close their eyes and just go full bore for the home team no matter the circumstances.

it's all getting somewhat dull..

Yeah, it's against the spread, and if I were a gambling man, I'd bet against the Pats covering the spread as well. I expect the Pats to win a close one.

Keep your pants on Maverick, the picks are always against the spread. The original line was 9 points, hardly a number you just ignore if you're picking games based on the number.

You media haters crack me up - you want 'unbiased' reporting but then you scream when sportswriters don't close their eyes and just go full bore for the home team no matter the circumstances.

Actually, all I want is for Borges and company to make their own picks. Not dump them off on somebody else and have the Globe pass them off to us as the writers picks. I could care less if they think the Jets will win.

We have at least a dozen good posters here who can pick and do pick better than that.

We have at least a dozen good posters here who can pick and do pick better than that.

You know that is a great idea that i would like to do going forward into next year. The forum should vote on a few different posters of who people would like to see pick. And i could keep track of it.

That really is an excellent idea.

Who knows, the Jets might win, but at this point there is no reason to expect them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down