Welcome to PatsFans.com

3 more CBs scheduled to visit Gillette...

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Seneschal2, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

From Reiss:

---

It seems like we're leaving no stone unturned at the CB position. So far, 5 CBs have been scheduled for visits, with many others having either worked out and/or interviewed. To date, the Pats have shown interest in 16 CBs.

Also, I'm glad Flowers and Godfrey are visiting. Flowers seems to be more NFL-ready, but Godfrey has a lot of physical ability.

2. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +99 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

F YES to all three. Those are 3 of my favorite prospects right off the top of my head.

3. mmasterkillah

mmasterkillah On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +84 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

Those guys all look great. With the depth at CB this year, I think we will go elsewhere with the #7 pick and spend a couple on some of these not so hyped guys. I remember watching Flowers play the past couple years and thinking he would be perfect for our defensive zone schemes, but he didn't run like expected so he might be available with the #62 pick.

4. jeffbiologist

jeffbiologist Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just say NO to anyone from Va Tech!! Vick U. is producing a bunch of thugs and crybabys who I dont want messing up my team. Go down the list, is it me or does it seem like EVERY guy coming out of Tech has an attitude or off the field problem?

5. SeanBruschi54

Ratings:
    +99 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I just made a prediction thread and i felt that Flowers would end up going top 20 when its all said and done. He is too physical despite his speed to be a 2nd round pick some team will see his stregth and play and pick him.

6. SeanBruschi54

Ratings:
    +99 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

I wouldnt say every player. Meriweather had more concerns coming out last year than Flowers did.

7. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Pats seem to agree that there is some depth at corner this year and I think they're exploring it. A 2nd or 3rd round pick on a defensive back seems to be the sweet spot - I don't seem them spending a high pick and the money that goes with it on a corner when you get get a potential starter in round 2 or 3.

8. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I love Godfrey, and even though he is kind of cooky his CB/S experience and cover skills (he gave up 0 td's in 2007) are great. I'm a little biased, as I watched him in person, exceling for the Iowa Hawkeyes at Kinnick Stadium

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.