PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 issues with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
1) The defense is awful. For all the things about how the front 7 is great, they have yet to show it. The Dline has done well stopping the run with the exception to Miami, but the LBS have not gotten pressure on the QB in weeks. The corners are also the worst in the league. The difference between 01 and 08 is in 01 we had Ty Law, who shut down half the field. O'Neal and Hobbs are horrendous. The corners were an issue coming in, because our front 7 can't get pressure and our Defense likes to cherry pick and give 10 yards off a receiver.

2) Cassel is horrible. He is a DECENT backup at best. This guy hasn't taking snaps since highschool, so I don't see how people drink the kool-aid. We need a veteran backup QB who has played. Cassel cannot read a defense at all, half his screen passes he just chucks into the ground. When he tries to go deep he gets happy feet and gets sacked. He runs way too much. His deep ball sucks. Everytime he has Moss open deep he underthrows it. He also does not put it a place where only Moss can get it. He throws are ducks as well. I have seen enough of him. He can't score TD's. He throws 5 yard outs all the time, enough.

3) The O Line wtf? Mankins and Light have held their own, they haven't been great, but good enough. Koppen has lost it or something. He is getting killed this season. Yates and Kazcur are just awful. They are always getting beat, and the bad o-line is contributing to Cassel sucking.

Vrabel has stuck out to me... as someone who is not getting the job done this year.

Even Thomas has looked bad at times.

I dont think anyone got a hand on Rivers last night.

Where is the pass rush???????

No secondary can cover for 5 to 8 seconds. We need pressure. Seymour and Warren have to step it in order for the OLBs to get some pressure.

Somebody stick a fork in O'Neal, he is done. I'd rather take my learning lumps with Wheatley then watch O'Neal jog after opposing WR's.

Man, everyone is an expert. Isn't everyone saying the same thing around here? Why should anyone here care that one more person feels this way?

Koppen has been getting bull rushed since the superbowl. I don't know what's up with him.

You are right but what else could be wrong with us??
Punting has not been great and we don't get many turnovers I guess.
When does Brady start practicing again?

1) The defense is awful.
2) Cassel is horrible.
3) The O Line

Well put, plus I'd add one more: the coaching staff. I haven't seen a scheme to come up with a plan for the defense to get more pressure on the QB, or many plays on offense that will surprise the opponent and keep them guessing, for example.

Whatever happened to the new "special" DB's coach and his supposedly elaborate pressure schemes?

It seems that the pats rarely blitz...?

Where is the pass rush???????

No secondary can cover for 5 to 8 seconds. We need pressure. Seymour and Warren have to step it in order for the OLBs to get some pressure.

Somebody stick a fork in O'Neal, he is done. I'd rather take my learning lumps with Wheatley then watch O'Neal jog after opposing WR's.

You are right in that we NEED to get pressure on the QB.....we haven't done that well in what seems like years......how about bringing the house at these guys once in awhile......I know that that is not the 3-4 scheme....however.....we need to start getting physical.....and some good old fashioned smash mouth blitzing would be a good start....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back