PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Ints for Bodden

Status
Not open for further replies.
for those calling for him to re-sign, remember that it was rumored that he turned down a multi-year deal to sign for a year and test free agency. He's been great, but don't think that re-signing him will be automatic

You said it. This guy is here to win and get paid. If he does really well, he is going to get money thrown at him by some other team desperate for a CB, Cleveland, Atlanta, Baltimore, Kansas City, and St. Louis). To be honest, out of that list, Atlanta and Baltimore are pretty good candidates for that list. Also, lets not forget his performance against the Colts. Pierre Garcon had many drops that game. When he corrected that problem, he became a problem for us later in the game. Let's see a little more consistency from Bodden before we start talking about dollars.

After spending a year in Detroit and going 0-16, I think he would want to stay with a winner and work with the Pats to come up with a good contract. I don't see him going anywhere.

Believe it or not, top money isn't always it. I'm sure they want to offer him a nice contract, but I bet he wants to play here too.

Cleveland, Detroit then here. I think he'll be reasonable.

I remember Bodden's deal took quite long to work out. He signed a one year deal and insisted on a no-franchise clause in his contract. When he hits free agency he will seek and get Nate Clements - Sameul kind of money. Patriots only hope is to resign him before the season ends when they are likely to get him at "resonable" market rates rather than "ridiculous" market rates.

Before his 3 interception game, Bodden has been playing well all season. I'm not sure how many TD's he's given up, but it sure doesn't seem like many. I do know he gave up a TD last week to Garcon. In addition, I haven't seen this guy get beat for big yardage to often. It's pretty clear he's the Pats best corner and will be for quite some time if he keeps his play up.

for those calling for him to re-sign, remember that it was rumored that he turned down a multi-year deal to sign for a year and test free agency. He's been great, but don't think that re-signing him will be automatic

Well, (A) we don't know what the offers the Pats were making back then. Maybe it was something like 3 years, $8M or something. (B) Bodden's supposedly been very impressed with the Patriots. It may not take breaking the bank to keep him, although I can't imagine it'll be cheap, either.

Well, (A) we don't know what the offers the Pats were making back then. Maybe it was something like 3 years, $8M or something. (B) Bodden's supposedly been very impressed with the Patriots. It may not take breaking the bank to keep him, although I can't imagine it'll be cheap, either.

I would agree with this. Whatever offers he got last spring, it wasn't anything like the 4 year $28 million that Dominique Foxworth got.

Bodden won't be cheap, but he's been vocal about preferring some continuity after bouncing around with 3 teams in the past 3 years, and about wanting to play for a winner. I think he's having a great time this year. If we are willing to make a decent offer, I think he would prefer to remain a Patriot. If we aren't, someone else will.

It looks fairly likely we'll at least make the play offs, and have a very good shot of winning the division, and who knows from there- for a guy who's been on teams as bad as he's been on, and that it seems like he "gets it" here, I would hope he'd at least make an honest attempt to get a deal worked out with NE, and if it doesn't happen then see what else is out there.

Hopefully on the other side of the equasition, BB and the front office have seen what a poor performing, lackluster backfield can do to an otherwise good (even great) team, and learn from their past mistakes.

If both sides really want it to work out, they'll make it work out.

Last edited:
I would agree with this. Whatever offers he got last spring, it wasn't anything like the 4 year $28 million that Dominique Foxworth got.

Bodden won't be cheap, but he's been vocal about preferring some continuity after bouncing around with 3 teams in the past 3 years, and about wanting to play for a winner. I think he's having a great time this year. If we are willing to make a decent offer, I think he would prefer to remain a Patriot. If we aren't, someone else will.

very true, and consistent with people in the contract year he will keep improving and giving his all this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back