PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 Free Agent Linebackers brought in for tryout

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we have to get depth somewhere, we cannot have the starters out there for every snap every game and right now the drop off after the starters is a cliff sized one.

The Pats figure to use two most times. I don't think the depth is so bad when you choose between Mayo, Hightower, Colllins and Ninko...and/or Chung and Wilson

Is there a reason why Anderson hasnt been signed yet? Medical problem, contract demand? Because it seems weird that a guy with 102 tackles cant get signed

Terrell Thomas brought in for a work out by the Pats. Now THAT would be some quality depth. If they sign him, it may further indicate their plans to use Logan Ryan at safety.

Terrell Thomas brought in for a work out by the Pats. Now THAT would be some quality depth. If they sign him, it may further indicate their plans to use Logan Ryan at safety.

Signing Terrell Thomas would mean the opposition could go 4 wide and the Patriots would still have 4 corners that have been starters in the league for a decent amount of time on the field!

He's another guy to add to the "all ACL" team the Pats currently have going on too.

Signing Terrell Thomas would mean the opposition could go 4 wide and the Patriots would still have 4 corners that have been starters in the league for a decent amount of time on the field!

He's another guy to add to the "all ACL" team the Pats currently have going on too.
Yeah but if they limit his snaps, he should hold up fine. He'd at least more than likely be an improvement over Arrington.

Yeah but if they limit his snaps, he should hold up fine. He'd at least more than likely be an improvement over Arrington.
It is only this board who thinks so little of Arrington.

We have 4 corners. One will be not be available for the first 4 weeks. Adding a 5th corner makes sense. The alternative as of now is to go with Green for the first 4 weeks.

…and Brian Leonard too…and maybe re-sign Svitek, because we still don't have a legit Swing Tackle
(Cannon & Fleming must not ever take snaps at LT while Brady is QB).

…and Brian Leonard too…and maybe re-sign Svitek, because we still don't have a legit Swing Tackle

I would imagine if Solder went down Vollmer would move over to LT and one of the kids would play RT. If BOTH Vollmer and Solder go down, I'm not sure it matters who's playing there, though I agree Svitek is a better option than Cannon/Fleming.

It is only this board who thinks so little of Arrington.
No, usually the receivers he covers think the same thing. Watch as he loses his job to Dennard as soon as Browner gets back from suspension.

No, usually the receivers he covers think the same thing. Watch as he loses his job to Dennard as soon as Browner gets back from suspension.
You guys have been saying that for years. I'll wait and watch.

BB will just shift Vollmer there or Mankins, and backfill. No hu hu.

I think it could mean that any number of players could move to safety. Ryan, Arrington, or even Thomas.

Either way, much like you, I'd like to definitely see it happen. It can't be any worse than most of our depth signings for the secondary. He did play in all 16 games last year, so the ACL injury shouldn't be an issue anymore.

The Ryan experiment may actually have more to do with 2015 than this season. McCourty's deal is up and he is going to get really good money and there's a good chance it will be from another team. I think he's a really good young player and hope they get a deal done with him but they are going to have to pony up the cash to get it done. If he decides he wants the biggest payday he's gone and Ryan has a skillset to be his eventual replacement. I hope it doesn't come to that but it could well be what Belichick is preparing for.

You guys have been saying that for years. I'll wait and watch.
In fairness to Kontra, the Pats Secondary didn't have Revis and Browner in those years. It's nice to have DB depth for a change. Hopefully we'll see the best of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back