PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

3 1000 yd receivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Blue18,

I understand how frustrating it must be on you as a Colts fan. You have one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league, you were the best team last year, you consistently have a great offense, and your defense finally seems to have improved.

And despite all of this you still know that it would take a miracle to beat the team that has taken it away from you so many times in the past. And to make matters worse that same hated team is beating you at your own game.

No team in the history of the league has ever had an opening seven game stretch like the Patriots have had. And no amount of stats from past seasons can take that away.

Good luck when the Pats come to the RCA dome. You will need it.

Colts played way tougher teams and the only lost i can remember the Colts have in the first seven weeks of 04 was against the Pats which could have easily been won

Anybody who plays the Pats has a tougher schedule than Pats do. Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Colts, and Steelers have a very tough schedule every year. The Patriots don't have to play the Patriots and have beaten the Colts and Steelers more than once in the playoffs and the regular season. The Pats also don't have to play a 3-time Super Bowl Championship team, not even once, and they don't have to play against a Bill Belichick coached defense and Tom Brady. The Patriots, being themselves, do not have to play the best team in the NFL.

From the perspective of the Colts, Jets, Buffalo, Miami, and the Steelers, they have tough schedules and often play the Patriots not once but twice.

If you ask Miami, the Jets, or Buffalo, they are in the toughest division in the NFL. These three teams have only two wins between them against an AFC East opponent.

Last edited:
How about four 1000yd receiver/TE. Moss, Welker, Stallworth and Watson.
Go Pats.:rocker:

its a possibility...and imagine wut the cotls will say if it happenes?

Dear Blue18,

I understand how frustrating it must be on you as a Colts fan. You have one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league, you were the best team last year, you consistently have a great offense, and your defense finally seems to have improved.

And despite all of this you still know that it would take a miracle to beat the team that has taken it away from you so many times in the past. And to make matters worse that same hated team is beating you at your own game.

No team in the history of the league has ever had an opening seven game stretch like the Patriots have had. And no amount of stats from past seasons can take that away.

Good luck when the Pats come to the RCA dome. You will need it.

It's really not frustrating. I'm actually enjoying the debate. i know it won't take a miracle to beat the Pats, hell even the cowboys hung in their and we got a much better offense.

I know when we win pats fans will blame the refs, heat, etc. Ya'll have never took a loss to the Colts like a man.

It's really not frustrating. I'm actually enjoying the debate. i know it won't take a miracle to beat the Pats, hell even the cowboys hung in their and we got a much better offense.

I know when we win pats fans will blame the refs, heat, etc. Ya'll have never took a loss to the Colts like a man.

Let me go on record right now as saying if the Colts beat the Pats then I have underestimated the Colts and overestimated the Pats, and I apologize for being wrong.

But you can only say the Colts have a much better offense than the Cowboys if you conceide that the Patriots have a much better offense than the Colts.

Pats ranked 1 with 39.9 points per game
Colts ranked 2 with 32.8
Cowboys ranked 3 with 32.4

Pats ranked 1 with 39.9 points per game
Colts ranked 2 with 32.8
Cowboys ranked 3 with 32.4
He won't because blind idiotic homers will not concede one point in any argument.

Last edited:
Has that ever been done? Will it be done? Stay tuned.

1980 San Diego Chargers did it first I believe:

Jefferson 1340
Winslow 1290
Joiner 1132

Marvin Harrison through 12 NFL Seasons has 1,039 receptions, for 13,928 yards and 123 touchdowns. Good for a 13.4 yard per catch average.

Randy MossThrough 10 NFL Seasons has 720 receptions, for 11,432 yards and 111 touchdowns. Good for a 15.9 yard per catch average.

Moss is faster, taller and has better hands (an argument can be made here, but all one needs to do is look at Moss's highlights to find out) and is a better at making the big play. Also, considering the QB talent sourounding the two recievers for most of their careers, I'd certainly say Moss has the edge and everyone except Colts homers would agree on that statement.

So to reiterate and counter your argument. Moss has been in the NFL for two less years, and outproduces Harrison in averages.

good post here

Last edited by a moderator:

"Ya'll"?!:eek:
Even a hick knows how to spell "Y'all"
Holy CRAP!:rofl:

This is not a debate, it's you being a stubborn, ignorant bonehead who, despite all the facts, numbers, statistics, etc., continues to come back with stuff that is baseless.

Your team has accomplished a good deal (offensively), and the fact that this Patriots offense is on pace to break most of those records does not detract from their accomplishments. Once you realize that, your insecurities and fears will be abated (until Nov. 4).

Anybody who plays the Pats has a tougher schedule than Pats do. Jets, Buffalo, Miami, Colts, and Steelers have a very tough schedule every year. The Patriots don't have to play the Patriots and have beaten the Colts and Steelers more than once in the playoffs and the regular season. The Pats also don't have to play a 3-time Super Bowl Championship team, not even once, and they don't have to play against a Bill Belichick coached defense and Tom Brady. The Patriots, being themselves, do not have to play the best team in the NFL.

From the perspective of the Colts, Jets, Buffalo, Miami, and the Steelers, they have tough schedules and often play the Patriots not once but twice.

If you ask Miami, the Jets, or Buffalo, they are in the toughest division in the NFL. These three teams have only two wins between them against an AFC East opponent.

WTF did you just say???:confused: :confused:

Aqua, when did you become a Dolts fan? Granted, I can understand the reason you gave up on the Doofins ... :p

Where this achievement is concerned yes, but the Patriots have achieved plenty of things your Colts haven't even come close to.

Like what?

The Colts won the SB last season and have had winning streaks of 13, 9, and 11 since 2005. Pretty impressive.

Like what?

The Colts won the SB last season and have had winning streaks of 13, 9, and 11 since 2005. Pretty impressive.

I know four-year-olds who can tell you that 3 is greater than 1, and that (oooh, this one's a toughie) 21 is greater than 13, 9, and, yup, 11, too.

I know four-year-olds who can tell you that 3 is greater than 1, and that (oooh, this one's a toughie) 21 is greater than 13, 9, and, yup, 11, too.

Keep moving the goalposts. Before Manning won a SB all I ever heard was that "Manning is stat padding choker." Now it is the redundant refrain of "3>1."

The Pats had ONE long winning streak and the Colts have had two of 10+ games in three seasons. Impressive either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back