Welcome to PatsFans.com

3:10 to Yuma

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by KontradictioN, Jul 9, 2008.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT MOVIE! Russell Crowe and Christian Bale are two of my favorite actors today and it is an excellent action/Western movie. I'd recommend it to anybody.

2. Patti37

Patti37 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I do not watch many movies...just don't find most of them interesting. However, my son asked me to watch this one with him.

It was on of the best movies I have seen. I only really knew about Russell Crowe's public persona outside movies. I came away from this movie thinking he was a GREAT actor.

3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +188 / 2 / -3

I saw both this one and then the original from back in the late 50s was on earlier this week

I didn't watch the whole thing but it was interesting (especially since I didn't know it was a remake, not being a western fan)

But I was very pleasantly surprised by the movie - obviously the themes go well beyond that of a typical western

Interesting that your son asked you to watch it with him - obviously something spoke to him in the movie - I'd take it as a good sign, as long as he's not too reckless

4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I was disappointed by the ending. But, it was OK entertainment.

5. Patti37

Patti37 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For the most part he is not too reckless. He does enjoy old Westerns, particular spaghetti Westerns and thought this was a well done, interesting contemporary Western.

6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

I thought the ending was awesome. Crowe's character got a good look at what he had been doing to good families and good men in Christian Bale and changed his ways. Then he turned around and stared into the eyes of Bale's son who was making a life changing choice between going Crowe's route and becoming the bad guy or becoming a good man like his father. Great stuff.

7. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

That's what I had the problem with. I didn't feel as if Crowe's change of heart was believable, that's what I didn't like. I loved it until then though; it was literally that last 5 minutes or so that bugged me and made me dislike the movie overall. The acting was good though. Ben Foster, as Crowe's right hand man, was downright psychotic. He was great.

8. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +3,055 / 40 / -63

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, he was actually what made Alpha Dog. The guy is great in every movie I've ever seen him in. Not sure of his name though.

9. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ben Foster is his name. I don't know what his name was in the movie. I know the actor's name because I made a specific point of looking it up. He was Angel in XMen Last Stand (what a crapfest), but he didn't get to showcase his abilities that much. But man was he great in 3:10.