#110 and #126 for #91
Ending up with 2,39, 47,62,78,91,158, 180,213,253,254,255,256
Assuming we pick up a WR in FA.

#2-DE-Suh replaces Seymour-playmaker
#39-TE-Gresham-Best TE available
#47-OLB-Sapp-Replaces a cut Thomas
#78-DE/OLB-Cunningham-the real glue of the FL D--my binkie
#91-OT-Fox-the first med red shirt, bargain here
#158-OLB-Schofield-2nd med red shirt-was leading the country in tackles for loss
#180-SS-Rolle-sell him on the Boston Med Schools,lol
#213-DE-Gaither-6'8 project
#253-CB-Hawkins
#254-C-Cook
#255-OLB-Davis
#256-FB/TE-Konz

Trades:
#22, 2011 #1 and Brace(Pryor and Wilfork make him obsolete) for #2

That trade wouldn't even work in Madden, let alone the real world. No way does St. Louis give up their chance at Suh or Bradford for a mid-low 1st, a future 1st (equivalent to a 2010 2nd rounder) and an unproven NT who doesn't fit their system at all.

Let's say the Pats wanted to go up to #1, the Rams would ask for:

#22, Raiders 1st in 2011, 2 2nd round picks. Even then, New England wouldn't want to go up that high to take someone #1. Half the reason (or more) they got rid of Seymour is because they didn't want to extend him and also extend Wilfork. No way do they pay for both Wilfork and Suh, and I'm not convinced Suh would even be a great 5-tech. A good one? Sure, but perhaps not worthy of #1 overall if you're drafting him to change his position.

let me understand this.......the pats should not have spent the $$ on guys like dansby or peppers or boldin so that they could spend that kind of money on a college guy??? really???:nono:

That trade wouldn't even work in Madden, let alone the real world. No way does St. Louis give up their chance at Suh or Bradford for a mid-low 1st, a future 1st (equivalent to a 2010 2nd rounder) and an unproven NT who doesn't fit their system at all.

Let's say the Pats wanted to go up to #1, the Rams would ask for:

#22, Raiders 1st in 2011, 2 2nd round picks. Even then, New England wouldn't want to go up that high to take someone #1. Half the reason (or more) they got rid of Seymour is because they didn't want to extend him and also extend Wilfork. No way do they pay for both Wilfork and Suh, and I'm not convinced Suh would even be a great 5-tech. A good one? Sure, but perhaps not worthy of #1 overall if you're drafting him to change his position.

Well, I think the Rams take the QB, so you dont need to get up there, but at #2(pt value 2175)
Updating the NFL Draft Trade Chart for 2009 provided by NFL Draft 101 - Your home for hard hitting NFL Draft coverage.

Ours is 800, say another 800 for next year and add another 500+ for Brace you are in the ballpark easy! You keep the Raiders pick, but even if you had to include the Raiders instead of ours I'd do it! Of course its about value, and comparing it to where they MIGHT be drafting next year(if there is even a season!). Maximize time with BB and TB together, we have the NT, but Suh has the size and rush skills to be DE(though not qualified to weigh in on 5-technique). But the higher you draft usually the more solid a player is, and if he is the highest rated player in the deepest draft in recent memory...and you can get him....GET HIM!

let me understand this.......the pats should not have spent the $$ on guys like dansby or peppers or boldin so that they could spend that kind of money on a college guy??? really???:nono:

This is the top rated player in the deepest draft in recent memory. He is 22, not 30, he will be 27 at the end of the contract not 35. He doesnt have a history of taking plays off, crying for a bigger contract, or being a diva. He doesnt seem like the guy who needs to live in Miami or New York, he goes to Nebraska. Its NOT the same money(Peppers was like $15M/yr), and lets face it we dont pay that much to FAs anymore so this is the ONLY way we get such talent. Maybe you overpay a bit in a non-cap year, but if its a NEED and he FITS its a no brainer. The only reason I say you wouldnt do this is if there is a BETTER 5-technique guy coming out next year. I sincerely doubt it.

Well, I think the Rams take the QB, so you dont need to get up there, but at #2(pt value 2175)
Updating the NFL Draft Trade Chart for 2009 provided by NFL Draft 101 - Your home for hard hitting NFL Draft coverage.

Ours is 800, say another 800 for next year and add another 500+ for Brace you are in the ballpark easy! You keep the Raiders pick, but even if you had to include the Raiders instead of ours I'd do it! Of course its about value, and comparing it to where they MIGHT be drafting next year(if there is even a season!). Maximize time with BB and TB together, we have the NT, but Suh has the size and rush skills to be DE(though not qualified to weigh in on 5-technique). But the higher you draft usually the more solid a player is, and if he is the highest rated player in the deepest draft in recent memory...and you can get him....GET HIM!

Future picks are devalued severely, the 2011 first probably has 400-500 points of value. Not 800. Which is why teams give up future 1st rounders for current 2nd rounders. Also, implying Brace has the same or equal value as he did last year (500 points being an early 2nd) is absurd considering he didn't do anything last year. Furthermore, if you're assuming St. Louis doesn't want Suh (to take Bradford), why would Detroit trade all the way down to 22? Tampa at 3 surely wouldn't pass up on Suh, and if by some miracle Suh is there at 4, I'm sure a team will give up far more than the subpar package you suggest (i.e. a team sitting between 8-13 gives up their first, 2nd and a future pick).

Also, giving up the Raiders pick (which you said you'd do), along with current picks to move up and take a guy for whom you'd have to shell out a massive contract to is antithetical to the way Belichick operates. Perhaps it's nice to fantasize about (if you like setting yourself up for disappointment), or it's fun in Madden, but it's not happening in the real world.

If Detroit wants to move out of 2, it will be with someone who wants Suh and can give them a superb package. There's no way they drop 20 spots for a future 1st rounder and a backup NT who doesn't fit their system.

This is the top rated player in the deepest draft in recent memory. He is 22, not 30, he will be 27 at the end of the contract not 35. He doesnt have a history of taking plays off, crying for a bigger contract, or being a diva. He doesnt seem like the guy who needs to live in Miami or New York, he goes to Nebraska. Its NOT the same money(Peppers was like $15M/yr), and lets face it we dont pay that much to FAs anymore so this is the ONLY way we get such talent. Maybe you overpay a bit in a non-cap year, but if its a NEED and he FITS its a no brainer. The only reason I say you wouldnt do this is if there is a BETTER 5-technique guy coming out next year. I sincerely doubt it.

He also has proven absolutely nothing in the NFL which renders your entire argument moot.

Would you also have severely overpaid to move up for Dan Wilkinson? Steve Emtman? Dewayne Robertson? Gerard Warren?

Giving out a massive contract to a guy who is completely unproven and has to change position ON TOP OF giving up a 1st rounder in a (most likely) rookie capped year seems like the opposite of what Belichick would do.

Have you not been following the team for the last 10 years?

Future picks are devalued severely, the 2011 first probably has 400-500 points of value. Not 800. Which is why teams give up future 1st rounders for current 2nd rounders. Also, implying Brace has the same or equal value as he did last year (500 points being an early 2nd) is absurd considering he didn't do anything last year. Furthermore, if you're assuming St. Louis doesn't want Suh (to take Bradford), why would Detroit trade all the way down to 22? Tampa at 3 surely wouldn't pass up on Suh, and if by some miracle Suh is there at 4, I'm sure a team will give up far more than the subpar package you suggest (i.e. a team sitting between 8-13 gives up their first, 2nd and a future pick).

Also, giving up the Raiders pick (which you said you'd do), along with current picks to move up and take a guy for whom you'd have to shell out a massive contract to is antithetical to the way Belichick operates. Perhaps it's nice to fantasize about (if you like setting yourself up for disappointment), or it's fun in Madden, but it's not happening in the real world.

If Detroit wants to move out of 2, it will be with someone who wants Suh and can give them a superb package. There's no way they drop 20 spots for a future 1st rounder and a backup NT who doesn't fit their system.

First, never played Madden so I dont have a clue what you are talking about. Yes, its likely that St. Louis passes on Suh considering their DTs(sidenote:I predicted C.Long to be a BUST!). You are right, TB will take him if he is there, but would be happy with Mccoy too. Detroit wants to trade down, they have let it be known. OK, we swap the Raiders pick,which we wanted to replace Seymour anyways! Thats a great package for Detroit! Brace was a DT next to Raji at BC, not a NT. Dropping 20 spots this year will be the equivalent of dropping 10 spots any other year.They are going to get a good player, a starter at #22, Brace may be a starter and the Raiders pick(possible top 10 at a good rookie price--which works FOR you in the trade). Three starters for #2?? They arent winning the SB in 2010 anyways....

22.Jared Odrick (not Suh or McCoy but at 22 great value pick)

44.Carlos Dunlap (character issues but different than Adalius as his doesnt seem to carry with him on the field. Dunlap could thrive here.

48.Andre Roberts (LOVE HIM!) Small school yes but looks to be that prototypical WR that pats like, good size speed and good route runner. Also can return kicks.

53.Ben Tate-Explosive back, looks to have that toughness and like the fact hes ran in a spread offense as well as out of a power set at Auburn.

Round 4-Jimmy Graham-Outside of maybe Gresham TE with the most upside. Might be a year before he develops but the ball skills are there.

He also has proven absolutely nothing in the NFL which renders your entire argument moot.

Would you also have severely overpaid to move up for Dan Wilkinson? Steve Emtman? Dewayne Robertson? Gerard Warren?

Giving out a massive contract to a guy who is completely unproven and has to change position ON TOP OF giving up a 1st rounder in a (most likely) rookie capped year seems like the opposite of what Belichick would do.

Have you not been following the team for the last 10 years?

Guys get paid for what they are about to do, not what they have already done so get your facts straight.

I can list a whole bunch of guys at the top of drafts that were certainly worth of the picks, not sure what good listing busts does..

You gotta pay someone, you have a uncapped year, and you have the ammo to finally trade up to get a potential game-changer. How often does this happen all at once?? More importantly, look at the BB drafts.....His 1st pick is always, always always to fix the most glaring hole. If Suh can play the 5 technique DE, rush the passer and stop the run the way he did in college or even close he fills all those holes. This is EXACTLY what BB does. He fills his #1 hole with his #1 pick. While I admit this year we have more holes than in the past we also have more JAGs and less playmakers than ever before. With uncertainty surrounding next season, BB/TB's biological clock "ticking like this", and looking at next years potential prospects this year could get us the most bang for our buck. And yes, thats exactly what this team does. And they can do it without severely affecting this team or this year's draft.

Jpp, Brandon Graham, Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Maurkice Pouncey, Trent Williams, Bulaga, Anthony Davis are my final picks for our first draft pick in this years draft and im stickin to it, other players i love with latter pix that fit the pats are golden tate, spiller, jahvid best, Carrington, Veldheer, asomoah, mike johnson, saffold, benn, jd walton, jeremy beal, bruce campbell, spikes, a punter, koa misi, sapp, and so on. I'm starting to really like aaron hernandez in the 2nd round sometime as well

Last edited:
My first pass at this. Turned out a little peculiar, but FWIW:

22. Maurkice Pouncey, C
44. Koa Misi, OLB
47. Ricky Sapp, OLB
53. Jimmy Graham, TE
118. Blair White, WR
180. Lonyae Miller, RB
213. Brandon Deaderick, DE
SUPP1 Sean Lissemore, DE
SUPP2 Brent Bowden, P
SUPP3 Deji Karim, RB

Why am I always the one who goes first? Now what I had invisioned but I like this draft.

#22 Brandon Graham, OLB Mich
#44 Brandon spikes, ILB Fla
#47 Devin McCourtney CB, Rutgers
#53 Koi Misi, OLB, Ut
#116 John Jerry, OG, Ole Miss
#180 Myon Rolle, SS FSU the steal of the draft if he is here
#213 David Reed, WR, UT

OK, don't mock my mock until you have posted your picks to mock.

A little earlier than you predicted,but good job Patsnut,you are the ONLY one in the contest who was smart enough to be 1 for 1 with your pick of McCourtney

Using the scout.com ratings:

#22 Devin McCourty CB, RUT on the rise some- think a shut down corner ala Revis

Hey you got at least 1 pick right. How do you feel about McCourty now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back