Welcome to PatsFans.com

2nd Graders Told to Sing "Allah is God"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

FOX News Radio - Second Graders Sing About Allah?

A battle over religion is brewing in central Indiana after a public school wanted second graders to sing a song declaring, “Allah is God.” The phrase was removed just before the performance after a national conservative group launched a protest.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Liberal Blame America Loons Love Muslims And Hate Christians, Thats A Fact.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

There is no room for religion in schools.. easy answer.
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 3 / -10

Exactly...so I wonder why these teachers aren't fired.
  5. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Yea, I don't get it. Everyone knows there are two taboo subjects in public schools, sex and religion. WTF was this principal thinking?
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

The teacher should be fired, like any other teacher who preaches religious crap in public schools. Christians and Jews have a serious beef if nothing happens to that idiot.

I know...I know! Maybe the teacher was a plant by the christian right-wing nutjobs to get more publicity fot their magical legend!

I'll betcha anything
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Teaching about the different religions is fine. Teaching a religion is not.
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

True.
    Put in the context of history, it's fine. Santa knows how many wars were fought under the guise of religion in the past -and present.
  9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

Right wing political correctness. Let's worry that all those little kids are going to become Muslims because they were asked to sing a few words. Sure, the school was wrong, since religion should be kept out of the curriculum, but it sounds like one of those stupid mistakes that happens every year. There are thousands of schools. In one, they had some stupid lyrics, and the right wing foists its form of political correctness. This is almost as ridiculous as the idiots who complained that Happy Holidays means they're taking away Christmas.
  10. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

No, the teacher should apologize, and should only be fired if it was part of a more profound plot. Teachers have to make hundreds of decisions in the course of their career. They're bound to make a few mistakes. Firing a teacher for this would be like firing a contractor for overlooking a fire code, which happens all the time.
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So the right wing reacted to a song mentioning Allah the way the left wing reacts to children singing Christmas carols that refernence the birth of Christ or nativity scenes in public squares. But it's OK when liberals do it, right?
  12. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't think this is a right left issue. What does this have to do with Right wing political correctness? I don't get it. Is this what happens when you lose the prism of light in your viewpoint?
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

No, religion should be left out, but I honestly couldn't care less if a group of kids sing Christmas carols that mention the birth of Christ. I don't think it's a big deal.
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Neither do I, but you would be amazed at how many people out there do.
  15. Patters

Ratings:
    +169 / 4 / -4

I agree. We have idiots on both sides. I'd care if every school in a district was asked to sing songs honoring Allah or even honoring Jesus, but if one teacher in one school shows a little bad judgment, it should not be a national issue. Our country has become so intent on making the mistakes of individuals into metaphors for the collapse of society.
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +304 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

If you want to make this a Right-Left thing, great because the vast majority of Americans aren't going to like this. At all. Make the voters think it's the crazy lefties who are doing this and our center-right populace will move more to the right.

The reality is that a higher percentage of Muslims hate America than other religions. The vast majority of Americans have no interest in Allah nor in their kids singing songs praising him.

As an Agnostic, I am fine with kids singing generic Christmas songs or standard Christian songs because it's what our country was founded on and what most of us want for our kids. We don't want to be homogenized into Allah loving freaks.
  17. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'd be pissed off if I was a true Christian/Catholic. As an American speaking I am fumed.

**** Allah.... and Islam

Islam being Peaceful..... BS

A "Muslim” is a person professing Islam.

YouTube - Bruno Terrorist interview

**** Bin laden
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  18. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Another reason why the world would be better off without religion. I know, I know, it's the people that are the problem, but still.
  19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo."

KM
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Can some eductaed person on here answer this question
    WHY DO POLITICALLY CORRECT AMERICAN LIBERALS CONSTANTLY DEFEND ISLAM AND OPENLY CONSTANTLY KISS THEIR A$S...:confused:

They even did this just days after Muslims all over the world Praised Allah and danced in the streets when the World Trade Center collapsed Roasting thousands of human beings alive, what is the root of this Love Affair that American Liberals have with ALLAH....:confused: