• Some other Team

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just curious which is your second favorite team since we're not playing for a while, and have to watch other teams play. I know for some, there is only Pats and no one else, and to them I ask: Who do you hate least then? I see that I can only have 10 poll options so I'll try to list the 10 most popular teams (imo).

As for myself, I grew up in Boston, but lived in many different areas of the country and have been to quite a few games in other states. In the end, I think I like the 49ers second best, just because of their whole history, the city, and the fans. Even now when they're sucking ass, their fans take it all in stride. They're not arrogant douches like some teams we know (*cough* jets *cough*).

I don't have a regular second-favorite. Right now it's KC because of Cassel, Vrabel, Pioli, RAC and Charlie.

I like NO and I root for Denver, too.

Eh, I could go for GB, Atlanta, KC, NO. I love Houston's offense, but rooting for them is too torturous.

My second favorite team would be the Saints. I was a big fan of Drew Brees when he was running Joe Tiller's passing attack at Purdue and he's been my second favorite player in the league for a long time, after Brady. The Saints were cemented as my #2 team when they denied the Colts another Super Bowl.

My second favorite team is ANY team that's playing the NY Rats and Wrecksa Cryan that week

A good portion of my family is from the Buffalo area, so I have a bit of love for the Bills when they're not playing the Patriots. Other than that, it's more about cheering against teams I hate as opposed to cheering for my second favorites.

Last edited:
I have no second favorite team. Just other players I root for.

For example;

I really like Demarcus Ware, Calvin Johnson. (I would give my soul for either to be traded to the Pats). I guess you could say I like those elite players, that are also high character guys too.

A good portion of my family is from the Buffalo area, so I have a bit of love for the Bills when they're not playing the Patriots. Other than that, it's more about cheering against teams I hate as opposed to cheering for my second favorites.

Ugh. I could never root for another AFCE team, even if they're winless. Unless it helps the pats. I HATE every team in the AFCE not named Patriots.

Probably the Saints for what the team represented and what the city went through. Can't say I root for anyone other than watching games as a fan of the NFL.

No second favorite team here.

If the Pats aren't playing, I guess maybe I'd pull for the Saints or KC in whatever game they're playing? :confused2:

No second favorite team here.

If the Pats aren't playing, I guess maybe I'd pull for the Saints or KC in whatever game they're playing? :confused2:

Lol thats kind of odd, considering your sig pic has a bunch of team helmets, except the pats...

If you have a 2nd favorite team then you are the worst kind of fan!

Not really a "favorite", but I have a team that I usually pull for unless they play the Pats. That would be the Jaguars, due to my time living in Jacksonville.

Not really a "favorite", but I have a team that I usually pull for unless they play the Pats. That would be the Jaguars, due to my time living in Jacksonville.

There is a difference between a "2nd favorite" and a team that you have a soft spot for.

If you are balanced by one teams lost and anothers win then you fit my statement above.

When I see garbage like this, I think of that Seahawks Pats "chick". Can't remember her name. I consider myself a football fan that roots for the Pats, but I don't outright root for any team unless they can either assist the Pats position or make me money. And there have been many times where I have rooted against my own money out of dislike for the team.

I think for people like myself and Kontradiction, when you live somewhere else for a while you tend to start following the team in that area a bit almost by default. Obviously it helps a great deal if that team is at minimum outside the division, hopefully never a threat to the Pats, and preferably in the NFC. If you lived there since pre-internet, pre-Sunday Ticket, then it's almost impossible to have followed the NFL and not also watched that second team.

It also helps if you are in an area like Florida, Atlanta or Carolina where there are a lot of transplants - which makes rooting for your hometown (Pats) team more acceptable than rooting for them in let's say Philly or Pittsburgh. In those cases the responses you receive may make it impossible to root for the team in your adopted city.

My guess is that most people that have a 'second team' live outside New England and have been there for a while. I doubt many that have lived their whole life in New England have another 'favorite' team, even if it is a distant second.

Are you being coy? Those are the helmets of the teams we played this season.

Wow I so did not notice that. I suck. My bad Nikolai. I promise not to drink and post anymore!

Wow I so did not notice that. I suck. My bad Nikolai. I promise not to drink and post anymore!

no,no,no...keep drinking and post what's on your mind....and don't worry, no matter what, no matter how off target you may get, SOMEBODY claiming to be a Patriots fan here will find a way to blame it all on Bill Belichick and any/every ex-employee that has ever worked here for even a day.

As of late, it has been the 49ers and it started with the selection of Patrick Willis. Adding players like Michael Crabtree, Takeo Spikes and Troy Smith have only made them more intriguing for me to watch. Oh yeah, living in the bay for the last year, going to games over the last 5 years and having 9er fan friends adds to it.

I'll give an honorable mention to the Saints (mostly due to Brees) and the Bucs (for the ability to win with young players).

Tampa Bay is my #2, I like the bengals as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down