PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

28-2 at home since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
But only 2-2 in the playoffs in that same time span.

WOW :rocker:

and those two losses (vs. Giants in 2011 and vs. Arizona in 2012) could easily have gone the other way.

of course, there were some close call wins as well (2011 vs. Cowboys, 2012 vs Bills, 2012 vs Jets, 2010 vs Ravens, 2010 vs Packers, 2011 vs Dolphins)

nice record, I think Falcons have a similar record at home if not better under Matt ryan

37-3 ANYWHERE in December since 2003.

Its a nice history stat yes, but it really has no influence on whatever game the team is playing next and I hate it when the media brings this crap up before or during a big game. No offence to the poster but its just how I feel about it. They brought up this kind of stat over and over in 2009 against the Ravens and look what happened. Then again in 2010 against the Jets and same result. Last year against the Giants they couldn't shut up about Brady's regular season winning streak at Gillette and of course that came to an end. In that same game they kept going on and on about how Brady had Never Ever thrown a red zone interception at Gillette and.... well, I think you guys get the point.

Like I said no offence to the poster because it really is an impressive stat, just like the 'No losses in December the last three years' stat that keeps coming up a lot recently. Its just that it seems that every time the media brings this stuff up, something always goes wrong. But I apologize for going off like that. I think I just needed to get that out of my system and vent. Thank you. :D

Its a nice history stat yes, but it really has no influence on whatever game the team is playing next and I hate it when the media brings this crap up before or during a big game.

I see where you are coming from with this, but by the same token the media bringing these stats up has no influence on the Patriots losing a game. That happens when they are unprepared, don't play well, get "out-coached", etc.

Look, these numbers are for the comfort of us, the fans, and if you think for one minute this stuff seeps into the locker room at Gillette then you may have missed the "Ignore the Noise" sign posted in the hallway.

Finally, what I think they point out is that the Patriots RARELY lose at home and RARELY lose in December - a testament to their preparation. Therein lies the comfort we seek to help quell the jitters while we wait for game day to arrive.

Its just that it seems that every time the media brings this stuff up, something always goes wrong. :D

Like jinxing a no hitter in baseball.....It always seems to happen the instant the color commentator talks about something never happening, it happens......I am pretty sure someone talked about Brady's only have 4 interceptions during the Phin game.....and within a play of two, he throws a tipped pass / pick.

I mean, I can't blame the media for trying to create interest and come up with a big perspective, but the game in Miami was a perfect scenario where you could paint the picture however you like....

Glass Half Empty: Tom Brady is 0-3 in his career in December games at Miami.

Glass Half Full: Tom Brady is 4-0 in his last four games against the Dolphins.

Even though the last four games has a LOT more relevance than 3 games in December across his career, you know which line the media was selling on gameday.

Regardless of how the game ended, the media was able to proclaim themselves as Nostradamus.

If Pats win, of course the Pats won, they've now beaten them in 5 straight games. Why would you even think they would lose?

If the Pats lost, of course the Pats lost, Brady has never beaten the Fish in Miami in December. What made you think that would change?

30-4 total at home since 2009 there ya go.

Hi, my response my have been misinterpretted. I did not intend to come off as a jerk know it all. Your statement is accurate. I brought the playoff stat of 2-2 more to point out just how crazy and unfortunate it was that they ended up losing not one but TWO playoff games during a streak in which they were almost invincible at home. Such a shame.

Hi, my response my have been misinterpretted. I did not intend to come off as a jerk know it all. Your statement is accurate. I brought the playoff stat of 2-2 more to point out just how crazy and unfortunate it was that they ended up losing not one but TWO playoff games during a streak in which they were almost invincible at home. Such a shame.

Unfortunately those two gnawing playoff losses were the first things I thought of when I saw the thread title. VERY unfortunate. Seems like forever ago now, but that win over Denver in last year's Division game was huge in part for that reason, ending that streak.

I see where you are coming from with this, but by the same token the media bringing these stats up has no influence on the Patriots losing a game. That happens when they are unprepared, don't play well, get "out-coached", etc.

Finally, what I think they point out is that the Patriots RARELY lose at home and RARELY lose in December - a testament to their preparation. Therein lies the comfort we seek to help quell the jitters while we wait for game day to arrive.

And I understand that. I am aware that these stats are only for our amusement as fans. Just like I am aware that the media bringing them up has no impact on the Patriots losing a game, as you pointed out. But sometimes fans get too caught up with these stats(not saying anyone here does). And they think that just because something hasn't happened or RARELY happened in the past, like the Patriots RARELY losing in December for example, it means that the probability of the Patriots winning these December games is higher because of that past trend. Every game is a new game and once they kick the opening kickoff, nothing that has happened in the past up to that point matters anymore. Except for the preparation part that you pointed out of course. :D

Like jinxing a no hitter in baseball.....It always seems to happen the instant the color commentator talks about something never happening, it happens......I am pretty sure someone talked about Brady's only have 4 interceptions during the Phin game.....and within a play of two, he throws a tipped pass / pick.

Like I said in my other post, I know that the commentators bringing it up has no effect on it actually happening but somehow it always happens when they do, doesn't it? It never fails. Maybe I'm just too superstitious and I look into these kind of things too much. Kind of like the bad feeling I got when I saw BB wearing that red sweatshirt at the Super Bowl. Maybe its all in my mind. But you know what they say though... Its bad luck Not to be superstitious. :D

I need to find a link to the post game show with Steve Young. He had some high praise for Brady as a QB. and this comes from a guy who played the position t a high level and is a HoF QB and followed in the footsteps of Joe Montana.

Derek Sanderson..when broadcasting the Bruins used to call it.."Puttin' the Kiss of Death on em"

I need to find a link to the post game show with Steve Young. He had some high praise for Brady as a QB. and this comes from a guy who played the position t a high level and is a HoF QB and followed in the footsteps of Joe Montana.
Sitting where I sit in the stadium...I get to see so of the behind the scenes interactions...
Something is goin' on between Brady and Young. Last time Steve Young was in town...Brady made a non obscene gesture at Young pregame. After the Game they won big.... as Brady was coming off the field, He came up to Young...yelled HEY to him several times..Young just stayed seated....gave Brady the Thumbs up and kind of a s*it eatin grin half asses smile like Brady was stickin' it to him post game
This time Brady Ran over after the game and it was like a lovefest Huggin'..hand shaking...they must have talked for 3 or 4 min....Then Young goes on national TV and Praises the bahoooties out of him...Wonder what's up with that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes