Welcome to PatsFans.com

$25,000 per hour

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 8, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

$25,000:

Amount President Bush’s visit to Israel will cost the country every hour. Israeli security personnel “will include snipers, bomb-sniffing dogs and bodyguards, including reservists called up especially for the visit.” There will be approximately “8,000 police and security officers coming to Jerusalem to guard the visit and keep order.”
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +280 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

It won't cost that much because most of those people would be paid anyway. That's the same as the false price of the war. While high, it not as high as stated because it includes lots of costs that would be paid with no war.
  3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

it wasn't a political point.... i just thought it was fascinating how much it costs to protect an U.S. president these days...
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its amazing, I wonder, has anyone added up the cost to the country of the President? What I mean is adding up the cost of all the security, meals, white house parties, flights on Air Force One, etc. It must be a staggering number.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +290 / 4 / -2

The president and everybody else who gets protection. Tens, hundreds, or day I say, a billion dollars? :eek:
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +549 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Got to give it to Bush on this one he has big balls going over there.

However ... why is he going over there?

One reason stands out for me.

Too make sure the Jewish lobby gets the big dinero for the GOP.
  7. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Kissin Zionist A S S... among other things.
  8. pats-blue

pats-blue Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I was a liason for the SS when Bush visited here a few years back. He had not been through the airport he came in at so there were no SS plans for the airport or the location he spoke at.

A advance team of 3 SS agents were here for the better part of 2 months working with us on plans (Tactical).

The man power and planning for the POTUS visit was staggering. My team knew more about the plan than "regular" officers but I know there was a large part we were NEVER informed about. The "plan" was about three inches thick and had to be shredded upon SS leaving.

The SS agents in the POTUS detail are very exceptional agents. The SS really has their stuff together.

I would have no idea how much it cost per hour when he is traveling but I wold think 25K is LOW.

Israel poses its own security problems that are very unique for the SS as anyone in security fields will let you know. There will not be any sleep for the SS agents on that trip.

Oh by the way the POTUS was in our airspace, travel, speech, out of our airspace in less than 2 1/2 hours......easily hundreds of thousands of dollars spent IMO. It was amazing to watch how it clicked and equally impressive of the planning that was done, simply first rate.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +173 / 5 / -21

Where are the Al Gore and his fleet of SUV's critics, oh I forgot the fleet is the Secret Service...