Welcome to PatsFans.com

24: So who buys it next week? (Spoiler guess)

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JoeSixPat, Mar 8, 2006.

1. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

Any thoughts from our fans on who - as per the preview - makes the "ultimate sacrifice"?

I'm expecting this has something to do with the nerve gas in CTU and the need to save those who survived while getting closer to the terrorists.

I think they already reached their quota of popular characters buying the farm this season... President Palmer, Michelle, Edgar...

Obvioulsy they've set things up for Tony to rough up Robocop - maybe Tony decides to go out with a bang now that his wife is dead but I don't see it.

I'm guessing its the Hobbit guy, Lynn - who probably feels a little bit responsibile and embarrassed that he let his key card be stolen to kill everyone in the first place.

I've got to think that Kim's new boyfriend (who's got to be old enough to be her father!) is going to die at some point - but he hasn't been around long enough to be a compelling death yet.
  2. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +159 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

I would say Sean Astin, but it probably cost them a load to lure him to the show after his recent success. Something tells me they wouldn't off him that easily (it'd be like signing a top free agent for a lot of money for 5 games). I think Tony's going to go out with a bang, but that's just me... though, again, bringing him back for two episodes wouldn't make much sense. It won't be Audrey, Chloe, Jack, or Kim, and it's very likely not to be the boyfriend/psychologist (introducing him only to have him die the next episode seems strange). My guess is Tony, but we'll see I guess.
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

I think you're overestimating his star quality. After LOTR he desparately needed a role that didn't involve oversized hairy feet lest he be typecast.

I said it right from the start - any guy named "Lynn" isn't destined to be a long-term character.

I think Tony and Curtis stay around - 24 is showing no signs of dropping in the ratings and I can imagine Keifer might want to plan for a day when he no longer wants to spend as much time on the show. Tony's always seemed like a potential replacement - killing off his wife only makes him that much more interesting as a character.

I think people like Curtis as well and can see him sticking around long term (they need to keep some ethnic balance now that Palmer is dead as well)
  4. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Put me down for Lynn, I don't see them killing off Tony either. Take care.
  5. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Rudy is too obvious. He's still only credited as a "special guest star," so you know he won't be around for the rest of the season anyways. But again, I think that's too predictable.

I'm going to go with Buchanan. Seems like every director of CTU meets their fate with Jack around.

Even still, that's an easy choice. Maybe the character is liked, but there's not a whole lot of emotional attachment. If they really have balls, they'll off Audrey. I'd say she's the dark horse favorite. That way, Jack can go back to his new family when the day is over.
  6. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +159 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

Not a bad choice with Audrey. I liked the new family, and I think they still have a role to play. As for Lynn, Sean Astin has done more than just a hobbit. I think he was in some sports movie... Ronnie, Ricky, something like that... oh right, Rudy. That's right. I don't think he'll be around for the whole season, and even if he is he won't be back next season, but I don't think they'll off their "special guest star" either. Curtis won't get it, but Buchanan might.
  7. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I was wrong. They went with the obvious choice. Pretty lame episode overall. At least they threw in Tony as a bonus.
  8. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

It wasn't that bad - even though the "breath holding" scenes are an old Hollywood trick designed to have the audience to attempt to see how long they too can do the same, I thought it worked well enough

I did NOT see Tony's death coming - I assume he's dead but then again, I don't think they had the "silent" ticking like at the end of the last episode.

Does someone swoop in with another syringe to save him in the next episode?

One has to suspend reality with this show in the first place, as everything invariably and inprobably falls into place to create the plot in the first place (a plot which, as luck would have it is developed and solved in exactly 1440 minutes for 5 days now)
  9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

So maybe the killing spree ends now that Kim is out of the spotlight - that girl just always brings trouble with her!

I'm a bit intrigued with the lack of closure on the whole Kim thing - there really wasn't much plot that revolved around her over the last few episodes. Are we really supposed to think that she and Dr. Take-A-Breath are hightailing it out of LA for the rest of the day? Or is there yet another role for them to play.

Is Barry who he appears to be? Henderson (RoboCop) specifically mentioned that he and his wife "watched over" Kim when she thought Jack was dead. So what was his interest in Jack's daughter? This guy doesn't strike me as someone acting out of the kindness of his heart towards the daughter of the man who supposedly ruined his career at CTU.

Hmmm - apparently Dr. Barry Take-a-breath was watching over Kim as well.

Is there a connection between Barry and Henderson we've yet to discover? Have we seen the last of Kim for this season?

Somehow I think not.

And when are the Chinese going to work their way back into the picture?
  10. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey I was right.....give that man a cupie doll!!!......wait a minute.....
    .....well one out of two aint bad;) I really didn't think they would kill off Tony, you may be right about the "last second syringe" Joe. I'm interested to see where the "Barry and Kim plot" goes as well, I don't think we've seen the last of those two. I thought the whole "hold your breath" thing was a bit lame, you can't tell me that a highly toxic nerve agent would have no effect if you simply held your breath.....I thought they could have done better on that one. Having said that, overall, I'm enjoying this season so far. My best moment......when jack shot "Robocop's" wife in the leg.......priceless;) I was wondering what ever happened to Jo Beth Williams (that is her name right?). Take care.
  11. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm not. Kim always gets caught up in some stupid plot. I bet she gets kidnapped again, for old times sake, by Robocop on her way out of CTU.
  12. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

Yeah - give that lady a best actor nomination for her reaction when he shot her knee!!!

But I'm pretty sure I was wrong about Tony though - I'm not holding my breath thinking he's coming back.

But I guess the whole point of the show is to "expect the unexpected" - which has fuled my other theories about the developing plot

But then again, if we expect it, its no longer unexpected anymore, is it? Therefore it probably won't happen. So i won't expect any of it. But wait - now its unexpected again - I should expect it now, right?

Owww - my head hurts. :(
  13. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The FOX website says he's dead. They'd never lie to you.
  14. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

... though I suppose it is possible that they were given faulty intelligence.
  15. CPF

CPF Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey they just report it........it's strictly up to you fella's to decide;) Take care.
  16. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

Hmmm - looks like you might get your wish after all.

I kindof had a feeling we'd see Jack back with his new "family" - and I could see the teenage son potentially wanting to follow in Jack's footsteps in future seasons.

I didn't see it happening this way though - still, I just don't see Audrey as a terrorist collaborator. Whatever she thought she was doing "selling" information I'll be surprised if it was treasonous intent.
  17. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm thinking that the Prez gets wacked. Why else would they all of a sudden bring in a VP, and a weird one at that?
  18. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think there's an unwritten rule that you can't kill the president on television. That's why they did that ridiculous "Keeler survived, but he's really hurt" thing last season. The original plan was for him to be killed, but the suits nixed it.
  19. DocAdkinsDiet

DocAdkinsDiet Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can't wait to see "Jack vs. Audery: The Interrigation Heard 'Round the Nation". That should be intense.
  20. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +55 / 2 / -0

Hasn't he already tortured her brother? And her ex-husband, who he also killed?

Man, and I thought my in-laws didn't like ME?