PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need to decide between keeping Slater, King and Bolden? There's 11 players on ST at a time, no?
true, but roster spots are going to be scarce, so how many ST-only guys can you keep? especially two playing the same position?

Hey buddy. I never saw your post. I didn't know who K was speaking to. I was only responding, or adding to, what he wrote. So no harm, no foul at all, my friend.

Perhaps I should have responded to a different post directed at me in which trading Ryan was mentioned. I was just wanting to point out that that notion didn't come from me. Apologies.

i'm not saying that i think slater will be cut--not much of a cap savings, and slater is such a good locker room leader. i'm just saying in terms of what makes sense positionally, i think it would make more sense to cut slater instead of bolden, since king and slater play the same ST position.
I hear you, friend, though I still disagree. But who knows? We see a surprise cut or two almost every TC, so we'll just have to let things play out.

Perhaps I should have responded to a different post directed at me in which trading Ryan was mentioned. I was just wanting to point out that that notion didn't come from me. Apologies.
No apologies needed. I, too, sometimes feel the need to clarify things if I feel I'm being misunderstood. No problem with me, manxman. :)

How does Kamu factor into the ST battle and valuable roster spots? Is he going to battle King for a roster spot? Be included in the LB depth chart?

A little concerned about reports of drops but I give rookies a pass on this early because they're adjusting to NFL 'fastballs'. A college QB doesn't necessarily throw with the same velocity as an NFL QB and that probably needs adjusting to.

With regards to White, like him as a receiver/open field runner but DJ Foster and Donald Brown were clearly brought in for a reason.

Because of the unclear status of Lewis and Blount, most likely..

I gotta admit that I was really afraid that Edelman would not even be ready for September 11, and all I'm hearing is reports of how good he looks to this point. Here's to no setbacks for either receiver. We'll need those guys early and often.
A couple sessions in the bedroom with Adriana Lima can really revitalize a guy.

Lol @ liking white as a receiver and open field runner that motherf*cker dropped so many open passes especially during the AFC title game

i'm not saying that i think slater will be cut--not much of a cap savings, and slater is such a good locker room leader. i'm just saying in terms of what makes sense positionally, i think it would make more sense to cut slater instead of bolden, since king and slater play the same ST position.

No, actually it doesn't make sense to cut Slater instead of Bolden because of King. Why? Because you need two Gunners on punt units. You can't teach speed. Bolden can and has been replaced at times on the different units. It would be easier to give Bolden's reps to a reserve linebacker or a reserve TE than it would be to find a top flight gunner..

“When you watch tape, you can’t really — you know he’s really, really good, but you’re right there next to him, you’re like, ‘Man, this guy is really good. Hey Rob, how’d you do that? How’d you do this. Man, show me that. Come to the side real quick and show me how you did that move.’

“So, it’s just give and take. He asks me sometimes, like, ‘Hey man, you did this today, I like that. Show me that.’ So, we’re just working, trying to make each other better, and that’s what the whole tight end room is trying to do, just build each other up so we can add to the repertoire and become better players.”

Read more at: Martellus Bennett, Rob Gronkowski Making Each Other Better In Patriots Camp

Lol @ liking white as a receiver and open field runner that motherf*cker dropped so many open passes especially during the AFC title game

What are you talking about? White was open for a touchdown that would have changed the complexion of the game had Brady a little more time to make a better pass. Heck, our RB's on their LB's was our best matchup. Unfortunately line couldn't hold up.

My gripe with White is that he likes to drop like an anchor as soon as he's touched.

I just want to make it clear that I certainly wasn't advocating for Ryan to be traded

I wasn't saying you were advocating for trading Ryan. I'm the one who mentioned Ryan as possible trade bait. If the Pats have Roberts, Coleman and C. Jones all step up, then I could see the Pats trading Ryan because he's in the last year of his contract and they want to get something for him instead of losing him outright and not getting anything but 4th or 5th round pick two years from now..

To be fair, Gronk was really the only one who played any modicum of actual football that day offensively. Brady spent most of his time cleaning dirt off of his jersey because the OLine was putrid. Edelman gave it all he had, but that foot was not right after the KC game. Gost missed an extra point, which was something he had not done all season. And everyone else was just out there it seemed. There definitely is something to the fact that we just cannot seem to consistently go into Mile High and win. I knew the second we dropped that MIA game that our playoff fate was likely sealed with a loss in Mile High. I was especially queasy the night before (true story). So I won't be too hard on White for that particular game. He played about as well as we could have hoped during the regular season, albeit mostly in unspectacular fashion.

How does Kamu factor into the ST battle and valuable roster spots? Is he going to battle King for a roster spot? Be included in the LB depth chart?

I wouldn't be surprised if Kamu is groomed for Ebner's spot as Personal Protector and Bolden's spot on the Line. Also wouldn't be surprised if he beats out Ramon Humber and Kevin Snyder on Special teams..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes