PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find out if anyone failed the conditioning run?
Thanks in advance :))
In the meantime I'll keep looking.

or bad news, defense has gotta make plays in the first four weeks

Not really. No pads puts them at a distinct disadvantage. Harder to jam and get positioning. But it's still good to hear about re: Garoppolo.

or bad news, defense has gotta make plays in the first four weeks
Way too early to be concerned about the defense. The early days of camp are more-or-less an extension of mandatory OTA's. It's the teaching period, with the emphasis being more on fundamentals than anything else. BB is using this time to teach and tinker. But your sentiment about the D being important in the first four weeks is spot on.

Boston Herald today -

"Dobson made an eye-popping one-handed touchdown catch on a Garoppolo throw to the back of the end zone in 11-on-11s. He also beat Devin McCourty for a leaping touchdown on a Brady throw in 7-on-7s."

dobson continues to dominate

Im rooting for Dobson all the way, I think this is his breakout year.

Last edited:
Boston Herald today -

"Dobson made an eye-popping one-handed touchdown catch on a Garoppolo throw to the back of the end zone in 11-on-11s. He also beat Devin McCourty for a leaping touchdown on a Brady throw in 7-on-7s."

dobson continues to dominate

Im rooting for Dobson all the way, I think this is his breakout year.
I'm not rooting for Dobson anymore, and I'm not nearly as optimistic as you are, my friend. But for the sake of the team, I hope you are correct about it being his breakout year. Someone with his physical gifts would make the offense completely unstoppable. It would be one more person that DC's around the league would have to plan to stop, and we already have so many of those. However, few of them have the ability to consistently get down the field naturally, needing to rely on clever play design to accomplish it instead. Dobson has the natural ability, but he struggles with almost every other area of being an NFL wideout at this point, specifically catching the ball cleanly (the MOST important aspect of receiving). He also can't seem to stay on the field either. I guess I should have started off with that since you can't really do anything on the field if you're not on the field.

We've all been waiting, but I cannot fault anyone, like myself, for a lack of patience and optimism because of how long I did afford the young guy those things. His time is now or we need to simply cut bait (which some would argue should have happened long ago already).

Last edited:
Where can I find out if anyone failed the conditioning run?
Thanks in advance :))
In the meantime I'll keep looking.
Everybody that ran it yesterday passed. There was some speculation that Branch didn't pass, but it turns out that he's out with an injury and hasn't attempted it yet.

The rest of your post was quite reasonable, but c'mon. Not rooting for him? We should root for every single one of the players who are in training camp, simply because they're Patriots. I want all of them to do well. May the best man win.
I appreciate your post. And perhaps my language was strong. However, I'm just not excited about dude anymore. I've rooted for him to make it the past many off seasons (you'll see it whenever his name ha been brought up in the past in different threads), but it has just gotten too frustrating. It's the same story:

OTA's: Dobson looked like the best receiver on the field, making several impressive catches.

TC: Dobson looked like the best receiver on the field, making several impressive catches, two of which were one-handed grabs while being blanketed by the corner

First few weeks of RS: Dobson struggles to catch the ball cleanly, while showing an inability to create separation or do anything after the catch

By week 5 or so of RS: Dobson placed on IR

It's like that girl you really like who keeps giving you mixed signals. She shows you some attention at times and, just when you think you're making progress, she goes back to ignoring you or acting like she doesn't want you (surely I'm not the only one who has been there :oops:) . That's where I am with the kid. The flashes no longer mean anything to me. I just can't seem to muster up the enthusiasm anymore just to be let down. If he makes something of the momentum he always seems to have at this point in the process, then I'll get back on board. I'm simply done with him until then. He is a second round pick and we're still talking about him as if this is his rookie or second season. He's a wide receiver who can't catch the ball . . . the primary skill for his position . . . in year four :eek:. It's pretty shocking, considering his hands were considered to be his best attribute coming out of Marshall.

But I do completely understand the point you're trying to make, reamer. I really do. And you'd be hard-pressed to find any overwhelmingly negative post from me about any player on this team, even when I am not happy with said player's performance or I think he should be released. However, Dobson is a different case to me and one of the first where I just feel this strongly. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back