PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Long is on the left or right.
Rightside. I watched him a bunch got in the backfield a few times one run play stood out too he totally blew it up.

I think Hogan is really going to fit this offense like a glove. Can't wait to see him in preseason.

Dobson - well, he's killed it in practice before and has great physical tools, but he needs to do it on the field. If he can, he will be an excellent addition to the squad.

I'm a little less concerned about the state of the WRs considering this offense will probably run through Gronk & Bennett first and foremost, but having a healthy and productive Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Dobson and Dion will just be a complete nightmare for opposing defenses.

Agree Ross, not worried about our wide outs, especially with Gronk and Bennett. Always concerned about Dobson though as he seems like he has great camps every year and then disappears once the regular season starts. o_O;)

That's what I was hoping to have answered.

Unfortunately, the answer sucks...it depends. The Plantar Fascia had a wide range of pain associated from barely any to holy &^%$ any time you flex your foot. In other words, the perfect injury for a Bill Belichick injury report.

That's what I was hoping to have answered.

I'm not a doctor or a physical therapist. But I'll give it a shot: The plantar fascia is on the bottom of your foot. It's what keeps your foot arched.

So, not a broken bone: very good
not a high ankle sprain: good
nothing structural with the knee: very good

But I've heard they can be a nagging injury: not good
It sounds like it's basically a sprained foot.

So, it ain't great. But it could be loads worse.

(Source: I had surgery on my plantar fascia as a kid and a plantar fascia injury as a teenager. But I'm far from a professional athlete)

Always concerned about Dobson though as he seems like he has great camps every year and then disappears once the regular season starts. o_O;)
So now the "Dobson mythology" has grown to include "great camps and then disappearing in the season" complaint. People completely have forgotten his very good rookie year and all the injuries that have plagued him after.

I have no complaint with those that have criticised his play, even those who ***** about him being injured so often. What bothers me is the seeming joy those haters get in saying anything negative about a kid who seems to be trying VERY hard to get his career together. It may never happen (at least with the Patriots), but the gratuitous negativity seems out of bounds.....at least to me

So now the "Dobson mythology" has grown to include "great camps and then disappearing in the season" complaint. People completely have forgotten his very good rookie year and all the injuries that have plagued him after.

I have no complaint with those that have criticised his play, even those who ***** about him being injured so often. What bothers me is the seeming joy those haters get in saying anything negative about a kid who seems to be trying VERY hard to get his career together. It may never happen (at least with the Patriots), but the gratuitous negativity seems out of bounds.....at least to me
I think a lot of the negativity stems from him being a pretty big disappointment to this point as a second rounder, and the fact that most highly-drafted receivers seem to never make it in NE makes the negativity against each new potential wash-out compound. People don't necessarily hate Dobson as much as they hate being disappointed by the receivers being drafted - this is a cumulative thing and Dobson is the current one so he gets the flames.

However, people do need to separate the fact that while there haven't been many success stories for receivers drafted here (Edelman being the lone shining star from the 7th round that I can think of), each WR is their own person and Dobson still has his shot to flip the switch and make it. While I don't expect him to make it at this point, I will be overjoyed if he does so - I love his potential. He just needs to hit on it.

I think a lot of the negativity stems from him being a pretty big disappointment to this point as a second rounder, and the fact that most highly-drafted receivers seem to never make it in NE makes the negativity against each new potential wash-out compound. People don't necessarily hate Dobson as much as they hate being disappointed by the receivers being drafted - this is a cumulative thing and Dobson is the current one so he gets the flames.

However, people do need to separate the fact that while there haven't been many success stories for receivers drafted here (Edelman being the lone shining star from the 7th round that I can think of), each WR is their own person and Dobson still has his shot to flip the switch and make it. While I don't expect him to make it at this point, I will be overjoyed if he does so - I love his potential. He just needs to hit on it.
By "hit on it," you mean stay healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back