PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 14 (8-15-16) [Bears Joint Practice]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"--The competitive portion of practice got rolling with 1-on-1 drills between the pass catchers and defenders. Maybe the most notable action in the work was Malcolm Butler getting beaten multiple times by Bears second-year receiver Kevin White. Butler struggled with the smaller, quicker Brandin Cooks last week against the Saints and this week has struggled with the bigger bodies of White (6-3) and Jeffery (6-3). Jeffery also beat Butler badly for a big gain in 1-on-1 work down the right sideline."

Ugh this really annoys me because I have been saying for years that height is very important at the CB and WR positions, and that the patriots Should have one good tall WR and one serviceable tall CB every year on the team. This year we don't. Some pats fans have actually tried arguing me that tall WRs don't fit in the patriots system. Weak argument.

Malcolm is a great young CB but he needs serious help against the good number 1s with size.

"--The competitive portion of practice got rolling with 1-on-1 drills between the pass catchers and defenders. Maybe the most notable action in the work was Malcolm Butler getting beaten multiple times by Bears second-year receiver Kevin White. Butler struggled with the smaller, quicker Brandin Cooks last week against the Saints and this week has struggled with the bigger bodies of White (6-3) and Jeffery (6-3). Jeffery also beat Butler badly for a big gain in 1-on-1 work down the right sideline."

Ugh this really annoys me because I have been saying for years that height is very important at the CB and WR positions, and that the patriots Should have one good tall WR and one serviceable tall CB every year on the team. This year we don't. Some pats fans have actually tried arguing me that tall WRs don't fit in the patriots system. Weak argument.

Malcolm is a great young CB but he needs serious help against the good number 1s with size.
Talk WRs don't fit the patriots system.

Guess you're just gonna ignore last year then, huh? Because not having a tall CB or tall WR was not the difference between going back to the SB, it was injuries

But ya go ahead and keep basing stuff on friggen 1 on 1s in training camp practices.

Guess you're just gonna ignore last year then, huh? Because not having a tall CB or tall WR was not the difference between going back to the SB, it was injuries

But ya go ahead and keep basing stuff on friggen 1 on 1s in training camp practices.

Why can't we have a, "Salty!" emoji...

There's like two decent corners above 6'1" and they are never leaving the Cardinals or Seahawks.

Butler and Revis are both 5'11.

I still put Roberts ahead of Biggers and Bentley most likely. It seems LeBlanc has passed him though. Sad cause Roberts is a bigger CB. At this point I feel there is a difference between LeBlanc and everyone else. Also important to note Roberts as a 5th CB would work on some teams. The guys above him are over preforming as of now.

It used to be that only me and his mother believed in Leblanc so it is good to see others jumping on the bandwagon. When does the media catch on? They are usually the last to know 'cause it is way easier to write about, say, The Cap than actually watch players or tape.

We should have a tall CB even if its just one. Remember Chris Matthews making a fool of everyone on him not named Revis or Browner (who happens to be 6-4)?

Was this the influence of Lombardi?
The Butler did it.

After Butler showed that UDFA rookies get an equal chance to crack the Patriots' lineup as anyone, all the best undrafted talent wants to be here. CB is a position where a lot of ego and swag is part of the game, and those guys have got it. Now they're getting the chance to show it. So far it's looking good, as long as it does the trend will continue.

Please I would love to here your argument as to why? You think Julio Jones wouldn't succeed in our system?
I was joking.
However our system favors smaller quicker receivers. Doesn't mean tall WRs can't pjay on our system but we probably don't put as much value on that as other teams do.
As far as corners, a shorter guy who can cover is better than a tall guy who can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back