PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp - Day 10 (8-8-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

And here's that article now!
Malcom Brown could be Patriots’ next breakout star on defense

“I’ve played around DeMarcus Ware, Peyton Manning, guys like that,” Knighton said. “Being around those type of guys, hearing (Brown) talk football, I knew he was a knowledgeable guy. When I first got here, I was just trying to get a feel for everybody, and I realized he has such a grasp of the playbook by how he talks and how quick he plays. I just try to learn as much as I can from a young guy and also try to help him with some things that I’ve seen around the league.

“He definitely has more knowledge beyond a guy who has only been in the league for one year.”

Not true. Everyone just thinks that because a reporter kept asking him about practice after a defeat in a playoff game. Iverson was trying to deflect the question back in a sort of rhetoric, not down play the benefits of practice.

But that would ruin my joke.

Imagine if we could have had a 1st round pick that could contribute his rookie/this year?

Wonder who "we" would have taken?

Imagine if we could have had a 1st round pick that could contribute his rookie/this year?

Hopefully, we'll just take the Lombardi.

Thanks Bob.
Say "Hi" to the 31 at your next beautiful people gathering.

Lets just say it would of been a trade down for Thuney Mitchell and J Jones and call it a day

Based on the post-draft stories and how the draft played out, my guesses would be 1) trade back for a 2nd that would have been used on Su'a Cravens (and maybe K G-H isn't drafted in the 6th), 2) selecting Jaylon Smith if no good trade option available, or 3) selecting Cravens in that spot even without the trade back.

I saw that yesterday, and in the limited amount of time I had to watch him, I've come to the conclusion that this is Randy Moss 2.0

Not the drama and eventual fallout, but how we traded a mere 4th round pick for a game-changer, not once, but twice. Great athleticism, deceptive speed, soft hand, good catch radius- it's frankly downright unfair to the rest of the league, and their fans. We'll be accused of cheating once again, and there will be a howl of protest. But **** them, because... Deflategate.

Really liked what I saw. He was aligned all over, a Swiss army knife TE; seems to have the playbook verbiage down pat. I didn't see him out of position at any point, which has to be very encouraging.

Last edited:
Not true. Everyone just thinks that because a reporter kept asking him about practice after a defeat in a playoff game. Iverson was trying to deflect the question back in a sort of rhetoric, not down play the benefits of practice.
Once again ESPN being ESPN. I believed for years the small portion they played until I saw a documentary that played the ENTIRE thing. That was the beginning of when I started to realize how full of sh*t that network is really.

I saw that yesterday, and in the limited amount of time I had to watch him, I've come to the conclusion that this is Randy Moss 2.0

Not the drama and eventual fallout, but how we traded a mere 4th round pick for a game-changer, not once, but twice. Great athleticism, deceptive speed, soft hand, good catch radius- it's frankly downright unfair to the rest of the league, and their fans. We'll be accused of cheating once again, and there will be a howl of protest. But **** them, because... Deflategate.

Really liked what I saw. He was aligned all over, a Swiss knife TE; seems to have the playbook verbiage down pat. I didn't see him out of position at any point, which has to be very encouraging.

Hopefully they can afford to extend him.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Based on the post-draft stories and how the draft played out, my guesses would be 1) trade back for a 2nd that would have been used on Su'a Cravens (and maybe K G-H isn't drafted in the 6th), 2) selecting Jaylon Smith if no good trade option available, or 3) selecting Cravens in that spot even without the trade back.
…or 4) selecting LB Myles Jack...

…or 4) selecting LB Myles Jack...

Forgot about him - you're right, that story was going around as well. Stupid Goodell, this topic is raising my blood pressure to unsafe levels, I need to move on from it....:mad:

It's not about the inevitable decline from his superior first week, but the response to it by Garappolo that bears watching. Is it a blip before a rebound or return to the more normative performance data of the past couple seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back