2016 Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
large533caf7103f55.jpg

the north remembers.

Can we have a official post draft thread, these day threads are gigantic

Scooby Wright is a Brown. Sigh.

What a waste.

You were waiting the whole draft to say that, weren't you? :)
No. I didn't really follow the draft this year and that was the first time I'd seen the guy's name.

Something to think about while you are lamenting about the Pats not drafting Marshall. No one else drafted him either. And there were other RBs that didn't get drafted that people thought would. That should tell you something.

Redskins grabbed Marshall, but I get what you're saying.

The issue I have with ignoring the position is that they arguably have the worst RB group (bottom 5) in the entire league. Why not spend a late 6th-7th on a high upside RB? He was mainly passed on because he didn't play much over the last 2 years. But guys with those question marks are typically who you get this late in the draft. I know this is a heavy passing offense, but investing a tiny bit more in the running game would only make it more lethal.

What's it telling you.

Mostly stuff we already suspected and/or talked about:

Not happy with the guard play, at all
(Maybe) not happy enough with center play
QB as has been discussed
3/4 switch as possibility
Need at CB
WR is considered a significant issue

Maybe some other things, as well, but that's probably for speculation threads.

We'll get the lowest 4th regardless. But at least we get a 4th.

At what point does the NYJFL* say we get the lower 4th round pick. For example if the Seahawks tank. Can the Pats use that high 4th round pick as currency to make a trade with a team?

At what point does the NYJFL* say we get the lower 4th round pick. For example if the Seahawks tank. Can the Pats use that high 4th round pick as currency to make a trade with a team?

No. Sorry, there's a reason, but I can't bring it to the front of my mind right now. But it's a definite no.

If you don't know Alex Karras was a great linebacker for the lions in the '50s.

Not wanting to nit pick, but he played from 1958-1970, and was really one of the very best defensive tackles in the game during the '60's, he was dominant.

What is SPARQ?

It's a system developed by adidas to measure athleticism and explosion based upon combine scores. The Seahawks use it a lot.

• Showed the ability to adjust to a lot of poor passes at times in 2015, and had the 16th-highest receiving grade in this draft class
• Varied route runner, picking up a reception on nine different route types in 2015. That’s even more impressive when you consider that he had just 58 receptions
• Uses his body well to shield defenders from the ball. Caught 19 of the 20 catchable passes thrown his way on hitch routes in 2015, picking up 242 yards in the process
• Good with the ball in his hands, forcing 13 missed tackles from his 58 catches this past season
• Small sample size, but solid hands over the past two seasons, dropping just four of the 93 catchable passes thrown his way between 2014 and 2015

------

STRENGTHS
Made huge jump in explosive plays and yards per catch from 2014 to 2015. Has the ability to make some plays down the field with a quarterback who will take some shots. Adequate play speed and can vary tempo of his routes. Very good hip sink to stop quickly and open up to the quarterback. Route running shows promise. Smooth with change of direction and works back to the ball. Able to make sharp cuts out of breaks and does a nice job of selling double moves. Consistently tracks and high-points downfield throws and is able to adjust to throws high, low and outside. Generally reliable hands and showed toughness in making catches where he know he was going to take a big shot.

All I can tell you is that Ive read that Mitchell needs work on adding routes twice.

Sometime back there was a route chart on here posted by an NFL player that was mind boggling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes