PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Backman released and Baby Gronk re-signed.

I'm surprised baby Gronk hasn't been promoted, but I guess he hasn't learned the offense yet. Wouldn't mind him as the 3rd TE, he does have some talent. Can run as a FB and catch like a TE.

I think I have the roster moves updated with Gronk going to the IR, Backman's release, Baby Gronk, being resigned, Foster being signed to the PS and then the Pro Roster. Which leaves an open spot on the PS by my count..

The New England Patriots worked out rookie WR Dez Stewart on Tuesday
Stewart spent training camp and preseason with the Washington Redskins after he was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He most recently was on the Green Bay Packers’ practice squad. Stewart, an Ohio Dominican product, ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash with a 1.52-second 10-yard split, 36-inch vertical leap, 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump, 4.30-second short shuttle and 7-second 3-cone at Toledo’s pro day in March.

The Patriots also hosted G Chris Watt and C James Stone on visits Tuesday. Watt was a 2014 third-round pick by the San Diego Chargers who was waived off the PUP list last month. He started eight games in two seasons with the Chargers. Stone started 10 games in two seasons with the Atlanta Falcons after going undrafted out of Tennessee.

Read more at: Patriots Work Out Rookie Wide Receiver, Host Two Free-Agent O-Linemen

_

Looks like they gave up on TEs. But they sure like to bring in OLs.

The New England Patriots worked out rookie WR Dez Stewart on Tuesday
Stewart spent training camp and preseason with the Washington Redskins after he was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He most recently was on the Green Bay Packers’ practice squad. Stewart, an Ohio Dominican product, ran a 4.43-second 40-yard dash with a 1.52-second 10-yard split, 36-inch vertical leap, 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump, 4.30-second short shuttle and 7-second 3-cone at Toledo’s pro day in March.

The Patriots also hosted G Chris Watt and C James Stone on visits Tuesday. Watt was a 2014 third-round pick by the San Diego Chargers who was waived off the PUP list last month. He started eight games in two seasons with the Chargers. Stone started 10 games in two seasons with the Atlanta Falcons after going undrafted out of Tennessee.

Read more at: Patriots Work Out Rookie Wide Receiver, Host Two Free-Agent O-Linemen

_

Looks like they gave up on TEs. But they sure like to bring in OLs.

OR.. They are just updating their information as they normally do..

Let me put this here .. a reminder of a transaction that BB maybe would like to have back ..

I totally wanted him back and thought BB blew it. His deal from CHI was totally reasonable for a guy that big and talented. Brown/Branch/Hicks/Valentine would have been the best DT rotation in the NFL.

I totally wanted him back and thought BB blew it. His deal from CHI was totally reasonable for a guy that big and talented. Brown/Branch/Hicks/Valentine would have been the best DT rotation in the NFL.

Wasn't the report that Hicks had an offer from here and chose Chicago for playing time?

Wasn't the report that Hicks had an offer from here and chose Chicago for playing time?

I heard that but not 100% I believe that was THE issue. He is playing a ton in CHI. I don't think he leaves the field.

I had heard that the Pats offered a 3 year deal which was around $3.5m per season and a bonus south of what he got from CHI.

He impressed the hell out of me here. With that said, to BBs credit he found Valentine who might be next year's Hicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes