PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 COMBINED: Pats Roster Transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason Anthony Johnson was chosen to be 53rd man was because of injuries to Hamilton and Valentine. This spot is a revolving door based on current need.

I wonder what the corresponding roster moves are?

I wonder what the corresponding roster moves are?

I think they want a versatile third TE like Michael Williams or the guy they had a few years with the long name. Scruggs was the guy. Then he got hurt and they got sidetracked with injuries on the defensive line.

:confused:

Valentine is already on the roster, so....

Meaning they felt they didn't need to tie up a roster spot with a 5th DT when they aren't planning on doing much pass rushing..

Umm. Are you saying that with the understanding that the game plan was to, essentially, use just 3-4 players to try and put pressure on the QB the entire game and let Jones try and beat the Pats throwing into coverage with 7-8 men back?
Yes I am. He's also not particularly disciplined in his rushes too.

If he wants to start them after the bye or even after Seahawks .. now's the time to bring them in.
3 weeks window to activate them. (The free roster spot might still be for somebody else; Sankey?)

(I guess its about first Tre and maybe Dion; no sight of Vollmer reported so far)

Last edited:
Let the speculation begin!

Make it so.

Last week on his weekly conference call with reporters, head coach Bill Belichick said Lewis and guard Tre' Jackson probably wouldn't practice.

When asked the same question on Tuesday, Belichick left the door open.
"We'll have to talk with our medical and conditioning staff and kind of get a sense of where everybody is and figure that out for practice starts on Wednesday," Belichick said. "We'll take a look at that information, see where we are and make a decision on it prior to Wednesday's practice."

Though nothing has been decided, it seems a positive step in what has been a long recovery for Lewis.
Dion Lewis injury update: Patriots RB to be evaluated by medical staff leaving door open for practice this week

:confused:

Valentine is already on the roster, so....
With Valentine coming back and Senseri cut from the Practice squad, the implications are clear to me at least. Johnson goes back to the PS if he isn't picked up and at least one of the PUP guys rejoins the team.

Now as I understand it, guys coming off the PUP can practice a few weeks before they actually count on the roster, so if what I expect happens the Pats will still have a roster spot open. That could mean a couple of things. First is that they have hope that the roster opening will be for whoever the PUP guy is, much sooner than later. Two they don't care and will leave the spot open for the moment. Three, there is an injury that are not telling us about and will need to sign someone to replace that player. That would likely happen tomorrow or tonight.

One the surface we are currently a little thin at 2 areas, OL and DT. Right now, my impression is that they are keeping their bottom end OL depth on the PS instead of the roster. Over the years there has been very little for us to be critical about in the way BB/Casserio handle the roster during the season, and MUCH to be complimentary about. So I'm not really worried about it one way or the other. This is truly one of those "in Bill we trust" moments

Valentine reportedly should be good to go. That would be great since back injuries can be complicated. Hamilton might return as well (shoulder, limited but practiced all week).
Nothing close to new injuries was reported. Chung was the only Pat leaving the game but returned and saw most snaps of all at the end (all but 2 on D and 16 on ST).

There was a development at RB position: DJ Foster was inactive after 2 weeks of playing a bit. Bolden upon his return proved again that he is a liability on O and had a bad day on ST as well. Maybe they'd like to check if Sankey can be a contributor before the bye - he did get a raise recently and was among practice players of the week - although this Sunday might not be the best time for testing.

We made a trade with the enemy...smh

Maybe they were looking at possibly cutting him and they traded him instead to get some value.

He was a binky and I've gotta think he would have gotten claimed.

As much as the Broncos are a rival, I'd rather see him go to the Broncos rather than get claimed by the cretinous Rats.

5th round pick is nice with having sent a pair of picks out Rowe and Mingo.

So we still have an open space yes? From once being rich in TE talent we are now thin, but Develin fits in there.

Hesitation on calling up Sankey is he is more exposed going through waivers than staying on ps. Rather he stays there until we need him.

Don't see Jackson or Lewis being activated this week, they are no Mankins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back