PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 schedule to be released Tuesday April 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the schedule makers probably fear that the Kelly hype train will have slowed by the time the regular season gets here, so a Philly opener may not be as enticing as a Pitt opener, with the always-enticing prospect of two multiple-SB-winning QBs facing off.

Golly Gee, it's amazing how secure the NFL front office is from leaks when info like the schedule is protected but ball psi "leaks" (heh!) were constant. That is when the info leaked was detrimental to a certain team. Then it totally dried up. There's a pattern here, people.

So i am die hard pats fan...but this "release" does nothing for me...i know who they are playing...to me WHEN doesn't matter...but that's me!

So i am die hard pats fan...but this "release" does nothing for me...i know who they are playing...to me WHEN doesn't matter...but that's me!
Trip planning day!

Headline will be funny if it's the Eagles
BREAKING:TEBOW AND EAGLES SET FOR REVENGE AGAINST WORLD CHAMPS OPENING NIGHT!

I do like Teebs btw. NFL gotta get off his junk (Odell and Manziel too...)

Agree. It's gotta be one of the PA teams.

I think Pittsburgh has more legit story lines for a pre-game buildup: two of the top QB's of their generation, one of the two only franchises to have gone to as many SB's as the Pats (8) (Dallas) and one of three only teams to have won more SB's (6), (Dallas and SF 5). (Also, along with Dallas and GB, one of three teams with a truly national fan base.)

Then Philly, but the story-line there would be all about Chip Kelly's off-season moves and whether the guy is a genius or just nuts.

Then Buffalo. Rex. LaSean. Rex. Rex. Rex.

If it's not one of those three, I'd be amazed.

I can't see the NFL scheduling either Buffalo or the Jets in Week 1. The opening night game should be two teams with anywhere from competent to elite QB's. While both teams have talented rosters, their quarterbacks absolutely suck (as of April 21). I can't see the NFL scheduling either of them. They'll want to make it a quarterback duel and Pittsburgh makes the most sense. But, then again, I've been wrong before. Many, many times...

I can't see the NFL scheduling either Buffalo or the Jets in Week 1. The opening night game should be two teams with anywhere from competent to elite QB's. While both teams have talented rosters, their quarterbacks absolutely suck (as of April 21). I can't see the NFL scheduling either of them. They'll want to make it a quarterback duel and Pittsburgh makes the most sense. But, then again, I've been wrong before. Many, many times...
I guess I didn't make Buffalo a distant enough third. Here goes: :)
1) Pittsburgh

2) Philadelphia

3) Buffalo

Opening day has to be vs Pitt. Most logical big game draw on our schedule to kick off the NFL season for the defending champs.

Fake.

NE/Dallas isn't gonna be Week 16 two days after Christmas. Plus the last 3 weeks of the season are all division games now
It will be in Nov (sweeps) like the Brady/Manning games....

Fake...no way they burn off Indy/NE on a Monday night.

I did the schedule contest. FWIW: vs Phi, @Buf, @Mia, vs Jax, bye, vs NYJ, @Indy, @Den, vs Was, vs Tenn, @Dal, vs Pitt, vs Buf, @Hou, vs Mia, @NYG, @NYJ.

I hope we don't face a gauntlet to start the season.

In a nutshell.. Give the team some time in September to gel, add in a BYE around the middle point of the season and make Miami one of the last two away games.

Bears @ Packers Thanksgiving Night

Kind of sucks because that is going to be a complete blowout. Hopefully the 2 afternoon games are great.

I'd say it's a fake, we've been due for an early bye week after having them close to the middle of the season the past few seasons.

Fake.

NE/Dallas isn't gonna be Week 16 two days after Christmas. Plus the last 3 weeks of the season are all division games now

Is this a new scheduling rule for this season? I am only aware of the last week being all divisional games.

Last edited:
I'd say it's a fake, we've been due for an early bye week after having them close to the middle of the season the past few seasons.

Is this a new scheduling rule for this season? I am only aware of the last week being all divisional games.
I thought it was the last 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots