PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Pro Days

Russell Lande ‏@RUSSLANDE 60m60 minutes ago
Fla. St DT E. Goldman not viewed as elite prospect from scouts I spoke with. A big man who lacks quick twitch athleticism & it showed today

Apparently Scarr was at FSU's pro-day.

Apparently Scarr was at FSU's pro-day.

Scar, Daley and Patricia.

Scar was interviewing FSU guys at the combine too. I think it's a real possibility one of our OL comes from FSU this year.

Defensive tackle Eddie Goldman (6-3 3/4, 335) ran the 40 in 5.27 seconds on both attempts. He had a 26-inch vertical jump. He did the 20-yard short shuttle in 4.87 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.62 seconds. Goldman is another prospect who had a good positional workout. Six NFL teams are set to host Goldman.

Decent numbers for a NT. I'd be much happier with Goldman if he stays in the 330b range and commits as a NT type. Still don't think he's a first rounder though.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-jr-upgrades-his-draft-status-at-fsus-pro-day

I feel Louis Nix was a superior prospect and he went middle of the third round albeit in a much more talented draft. I still think Goldman slides to the middle of the second. Teams aren't drafting those players that high any longer.

@lindsay_rhodes: Miami WR Phillip Dorsett clocks 4.26 in 40. (Ran 4.33 at combine). Also adds an inch to his vert w/ a 38, and 7 inches to his broad- 10'9.

@lindsay_rhodes: Miami WR Phillip Dorsett clocks 4.26 in 40. (Ran 4.33 at combine). Also adds an inch to his vert w/ a 38, and 7 inches to his broad- 10'9.

Dorsett is a burner. If he can improve his route running and concentration he can be a more lethal version of DeSean Jackson and certainly worth consideration.

I feel Louis Nix was a superior prospect and he went middle of the third round albeit in a much more talented draft. I still think Goldman slides to the middle of the second. Teams aren't drafting those players that high any longer.

As the game rapidly evolves, draftnik ratings can lag behind leaving whole categories of players systematically over- or under-ranked. IMO right now 2-down DTs as a class tended to be overvalued pre-draft, and cornerbacks -- especially if they have decent size and skills for press man coverage -- are undervalued.

I keep seeing mocks like this one where DT Eddie Goldman is drafted at #23 while CB Byron Jones lasts to #63 (and CB Eric Rowe, bizarrely, is not drafted at all). My guess is that's far from the mark.

Dante was at the S Carolina pro day today and spent time with AJ Cann. Don't rule out Mike Davis too who the Pats have shown a fair amount of interest in and who ran an alleged 4.38 today.

Edit: 32.5" vert, 9'1" broad, 30 reps for Cann. Very good.

Pats Scouting Director Monti Ossenfort was at the Miami pro day.

It's been a while since I've mentioned Ryan Delaire the EDGE defender from Towson, someone I like a lot as a late round pass rusher. Due to injury, he had a bad combine but had a much better pro day:

Ryan Delaire's workout per @agentlinton
40 - 4.82
10 - 1.65
shuttle 4.46
3-cone 6.85
Vjump 35"
Broad 9'7"

I like the 3cone and 10 split. For a day three prospect, these numbers are fine. Delaire is a relentless pursuer and pass rusher.

From Charles Johnson at Yahoo

Final review of notes from Florida State pro day: NFL guys pointed arrow up on DL Mario Edwards, but were only lukewarm on DL Eddie Goldman.

As the game rapidly evolves, draftnik ratings can lag behind leaving whole categories of players systematically over- or under-ranked. IMO right now 2-down DTs as a class tended to be overvalued pre-draft, and cornerbacks -- especially if they have decent size and skills for press man coverage -- are undervalued.

I keep seeing mocks like this one where DT Eddie Goldman is drafted at #23 while CB Byron Jones lasts to #63 (and CB Eric Rowe, bizarrely, is not drafted at all). My guess is that's far from the mark.

Eric Rowe not drafted, Jones at 63, where do i sign:)

http://www.walterfootball.com/proday.php

2015 Pro Day Notes: Wednesday, April 1, 6:20 p.m.
By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

South Carolina

Can't say the same for running back Mike Davis. While he was faster and looked a bit slimmer, sources say his conditioning was "not ideal," as Davis was not running through drills and struggled to get through pass-catching drills. Interesting note - the Dallas Cowboys sent a coach to specifically observe Davis. During the workout, which was run by the Tampa Bay Bucs, the Cowboys' coach was requesting for Davis to run specific drills. Shades of Tom Savage/Bill O'Brien from last year?

Mix between the one we aint talk about and the one we do talk about ?

Last edited:
Mix between The one we aint talk about and the one we do talk about ?

He's certainly an impressive mover for that size. No idea what he's like as a blocker.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back