PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Mock Drafts

Damn, you called me out.....:)....I love Lockett, but we probably don't have to trade up to get him. Brandon Sherff. Big, pissed off Iowa kid for the interior line. You cornered me and I shot my typing fingers off. He looks and feels like a bad-ass. So there ya go.....:)

LOL! Yeah, Scherff has the look of a 10-year starter at LG, but I've written him off as even a trade-up possibility -- most mocks have him going top 10. Besides, OG may be the single deepest position in the draft.

LOL! Yeah, Scherff has the look of a 10-year starter at LG, but I've written him off as even a trade-up possibility -- most mocks have him going top 10. Besides, OG may be the single deepest position in the draft.
Rock on. Thanks I'm just drawing back on the David Terrrell we took Richard Seymour scenario where everyone was thinking really? We just went 5-11 and we took a DT instead of a stud WR at #6? Seriously?

How did that work out? Bills the man. Take a big ugly and forget the sexy WR. That's my mindset, Bill changed that thoeritacal attitude for me 15 years ago. I get it now. Scherff would be awesome wiping guys out for someone like Blount, Gray or a guy we just stashed like Gaffney. The guy is a genious.

^ love that draft

Why would you say that? Other tampering cases have resulted in 3'd round swaps.

There has not been a peep - not one, anywhere, at any time - about the Omissioner's favorite team being punished for anything whatsoever. The Jesters are simply not losing or swapping anything. If they were, they would've lost or swapped them already.

Obviously the Mock draft I have predicted for the Patriots has changed. This however will be my own personal mock :p

#32 - Byron Jones - CB back up pick: Marcus Peters - CB
#64 - Laken Tomlinson - G backup pick: Hardison - DT
#96 - Cedric Ogbuehi - OT backup pick: Ali Marpet - G
#97 - PJ Williams - CB back up pick: John Miller - G
#102 - Mike Davis - RB (no back up picks after this point)
#132 - Ellis MacCarthy - DT

not gonna do rounds 6 and 7.

I am thinking double dip at CB for this draft.

I don't mind bringing in the bodies and having to make tough choices. I know Williams is a risk but I feel at 97 he is worth it.

If he does work out you go into next year with

Butler
Arrington
Williams
Jones

Then 2 of Ryan/Dennard/Fletcher/McClain (probably Ryan & Fletcher IMO).

Landon Collins and randy Gregory appear to be dropping hard and fast in the draft?

Would bb have interest in either one at #32?

My 7 round wishful thinking, although somewhat possible, mock draft.

I think we should receive at least some compensation from the jets. Some people say a swap of first round picks, which is just crazy. Other's say a swap of seconds is what we should get, but personally I think the best outcome would be the NFL straight up giving us the Jets 3rd round pick, so since I'm bored at the airport, that's what I'm going to run with.

Round 1 :
Pick #32
Marcus Peters, CB, Washington State :
I think there is about a 40 % chance he will be here when we draft. Hopefully!

Round 2 :
Tennessee, Tampa, Oakland, Jacksonville, the Jets, and the Redskins all are teams that have many holes to fill on their roster. With that being said, I think all these teams are good candidates to trade up with, at least one of them may be looking to add extra draft picks. Seeing I mocked us receiving the Jets 3rd (70) I'm going to mock a trade up with one of these 6 Teams, personally I'm going to use the Redskins since they are last among these teams.

Trade our 2nd (64) and our 4th (131) for Washington's 38th pick.

Pick #38 :
Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forrest :
A great fit for the team.

Round 3 :

Pick #70 (from the Jets)
A.J Cann, G, South Carolina

Pick #96
Ali Merpet, G, Hobart
Yes, I have great doubts he makes it here. This is where I think the team should look to use pick #96 & Pick #177, to try to trade back into the middle of the 3rd round where I believe Ali Merpet will more then likely be drafted. Picks 96, 177, and maybe a 2016, 5th or 6th round should be enough capital to move up to secure him. Remember, we should be receiving a extra 3 picks next years, so Im fully content with trading away one to move up to secure the interior of our line for a long time to come.

Pick # 97
Marcus Hardison, DT, Arizona State

Round 4 :

Pick # 101
Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary
or

Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas

Round 6 :
like I mentioned above I think we should look to trade this pick to move up for Ali Merpet. If that isn't a option, we should look to trade it back to one of the several teams with multiple 7th round picks picks (there about 4 teams)

Pick # 177
Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas
or
Kenny Bell, WR,
Nebraska

Round 7 :

Pick #219
DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech
Extremely high on Smelter, but willing to take the risk of him falling this low because I haven't been hearing much noise of him leading up to the draft, but man do I want this guy.

Pick #253
Cassius Sendish, S, Kansas
My most underrated player in the Draft. I fully believe with a year of proper NFL dieting and weight lifting this guy has the potential to be as good as Kenny Vaccaro, or even better due to his amazing instincts

So yeah. I know this mock is a little bit of a pipe dream, but if we got a 3rd from the Jets, I see a chance that it could happen. Not holding my breath, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Cassius Sendishs frame looks like it has room to gain another 10 to 15 pounds. If he can pull this off, he has the Skills, tackling, and instincts to make a excellent SS

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.12.28 PM.png

Here's my mock, rounds one through four:

1.- Byron Jones CB Conneticut
2. Trade up, move up 10-15 spots for 2nd rounder and second 3rd rounder- Carl Davis- DT Iowa
3. Tre Jackson G Florida State
4a. Mike Davis RB South Carolina
4b. Paul Dawson LB TCU

I understand why this is a popular pick, but I'm really not a fan (especially at LG, which is the key hole on the line). I see a lot of red flags on work ethic, and if you accept the common wisdom that the shuttle is the most important time for OLs, Jackson's was so slow I thought it was a misprint: 5.30. That makes even Marcus Cannon and Cameron Flemming look quick.

My 4 Round mock without trades.

32. Marcus Peters CB
64. Laken Tomlinson LG
96. Ronald Darby CB
97. Tevin Coleman RB
101. Philip Dorsett WR
131. Marcus Hardison DT

Potentially 6 Superstars. Are you as excited as I am?

My 4 Round mock without trades.

32. Marcus Peters CB
64. Laken Tomlinson LG
96. Ronald Darby CB
97. Tevin Coleman RB
101. Philip Dorsett WR
131. Marcus Hardison DT

Potentially 6 Superstars. Are you as excited as I am?

Unfortunately Dorssett ran himself right into the middle/bottom on the 2nd round with that 4.2 40 at his proday. Love him as a prospect and even more so as a patriot.

Aaron Dobson better get his **** together, because when you think of a player like Dorsett costing a team a 2nd, and then you think of what we've got in return from Dobson, it just angers me!

I think we should receive at least some compensation from the jets. Some people say a swap of first round picks, which is just crazy. Other's say a swap of seconds is what we should get, but personally I think the best outcome would be the NFL straight up giving us the Jets 3rd round pick, so since I'm bored at the airport, that's what I'm going to run with.

Round 1 :
Pick #32

Round 2 :
Tennessee, Tampa, Oakland, Jacksonville, the Jets, and the Redskins all are teams that have many holes to fill on their roster. With that being said, I think all these teams are good candidates to trade up with, at least one of them may be looking to add extra draft picks. Seeing I mocked us receiving the Jets 3rd (70) I'm going to mock a trade up with one of these 6 Teams, personally I'm going to use the Redskins since they are last among these teams.

Pick #38 :

Round 3 :

Pick #70 (from the Jets)

Pick #96
Ali Merpet, G, Hobart
Yes, I have great doubts he makes it here. This is where I think the team should look to use pick #96 & Pick #177, to try to trade back into the middle of the 3rd round where I believe Ali Merpet will more then likely be drafted. Picks 96, 177, and maybe a 2016, 5th or 6th round should be enough capital to move up to secure him. Remember, we should be receiving a extra 3 picks next years, so Im fully content with trading away one to move up to secure the interior of our line for a long time to come.

Pick # 97

Round 4 :

Pick # 101
or

Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas

Round 6 :
like I mentioned above I think we should look to trade this pick to move up for Ali Merpet. If that isn't a option, we should look to trade it back to one of the several teams with multiple 7th round picks picks (there about 4 teams)

Pick # 177
Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas
or
Kenny Bell, WR,
Nebraska

Round 7 :

Pick #219
Extremely high on Smelter, but willing to take the risk of him falling this low because I haven't been hearing much noise of him leading up to the draft, but man do I want this guy.

Pick #253
My most underrated player in the Draft. I fully believe with a year of proper NFL dieting and weight lifting this guy has the potential to be as good as Kenny Vaccaro, or even better due to his amazing instincts

So yeah. I know this mock is a little bit of a pipe dream, but if we got a 3rd from the Jets, I see a chance that it could happen. Not holding my breath, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Love the mock. Not sure we need to double dip at conrnerback that early but aside from that, you pretty much tick ally boxes. And anyone with Sendish in their mock gets a gold star.

2. Trade up, move up 10-15 spots for 2nd rounder and second 3rd rounder- Carl Davis- DT Iowa
4b. Paul Dawson LB TCU

This is a mock that I really could see happening. Good job.

Round 2 :

If you can trade 64+131 for 38 then plz go work for BB on draft day - You mayby could move up to 57-58 but thats about it, so 38 wow!

4b. Paul Dawson LB TCU

Meant to say -- this looks like a very realistic and well-put together mock. Sorry I leaped straight to the Tre Jackson issue, LG is very much on my mind right now!

32. Marcus Peters CB
64. Ali Marpet LG
96. Titus Davis WR
97. Mike Davis RB
101. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB
131. Brandon Bridge QB*

I go back and forth on Peters/Jones. Both my top 2 CBs. I'd be happy with either.

Marpet surprises and starts Day 1. Beast.

Davis seems like a great fit for this offense.

Davis seems like a great fit for this offense x2.

Olomu, getting value with injured players.

*Honestly really like Bridge from a development/project standpoint but not sure BB would use a roster spot on a 3rd QB that needs 2-3 years.

T. Davis = annual BB reach, this one pays off
Olomu = annual injured BB player, starts on PUP
Bridge = annual WTF

Last edited:

Round 1 :
Pick #32

Round 2 :

Pick #38 :

Round 3 :

Pick #70 (from the Jets)

Pick #96
Ali Merpet, G, Hobart

Pick # 97

Round 4 :

Pick # 101
or

Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas

Round 6 :

Pick # 177
Ben Heeney, ILB, Kansas
or
Kenny Bell, WR,
Nebraska

Round 7 :

Pick #219

Pick #253

I like that mock but no way Washington Makes that trade. That be a horrible deal for them.

Maybe our 64th and 96th but going by the draft value chart (which I don't believe in but a lot of teams do) that still be a losing trade for them.

If you can trade 64+131 for 38 then plz go work for BB on draft day - You mayby could move up to 57-58 but thats about it, so 38 wow!

Don't be so sure of that! Here are a few samples of similar trades in the 2014 draft. Trades like these are very possible. Cmon, its the Redskins. They just traded away a pick to a Tampa, for a washed up, extremely overpaid saftey, who TB was already going to cut. So stupid! On top of it, the talent after the first round of this years draft is pretty much very comparable for the next 2-3 rounds, this should make it easier to move around. Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 6.09.45 PM.png

Last edited:
Don't be so sure of that! Here are a few samples of similar trades in the 2014 draft. Trades like these are very possible. Cmon, its the Redskins. They just traded away a pick to a Tampa, for a washed up, extremely overpaid saftey, who TB was already going to cut. So stupid! On top of it, the talent after the first round of this years draft is pretty much very comparable for the next 2-3 rounds, this should make it easier to move around.

Your examples actually made @Luxusdk point even stronger. You are saying we can jump 20+ positions using a fourth round pick which doesn't happen in any of the cases you showed up there. You will need more ammunition to jump into the high 30's.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back