PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Free Agent Tracker Thread

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Since Free Agency certainley does have a significant impact on how the Patriots and other teams draft I figured that a thread tracking them and speculation as to who might be a fit before April 30th would be appropriate here. I know one will eventually be started on the main board but it has a propensity to get lost in all the traffic.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/51589/309/2015-nfl-free-agents

Here is last years for an idea of what the ranges may be for potential pickups. I don't think we'll be huge players this year, but who would have guessed we might get Revis in January last year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/45947/309/2014-nfl-free-agents

Keeping an eye on cap space is a key component as well so props to our boy Miguel, we'll be paying close attention:

http://www.patscap.com/

As for the rest of the league:

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space

Just an amatuer here so any insight is more than welcome. There is no off-season for a Patriot fan!

Mark Ingram has always been the guy I thought the Patriots would get because of his lack of fumbles and because there was pre draft interest in '11 but the way the RV corps is constructed, I think it much less likely now.

One real long-shot I can't shake is Jake Locker. There's obviously no logical justification for it but he was the only QB they took an interest in in the pre-draft period in 2011 other than Mallett and McDaniels likes that type of QB. If there's little market for Locker, I could see them bringing him into camp.

Michael Roos and Eddie Royal were two others that interested me, particularly if Solder doesn't sign a long-term contract and Amendola is let go.

But, if you were to pressure me, an OG would be the most likely external signing along with a DT maybe (Knighton?) and if we don't re-sign Revis, then Jason McCourty if he's released.

But, if you were to pressure me, an OG would be the most likely external signing along with a DT maybe (Knighton?) and if we don't re-sign Revis, then Jason McCourty if he's released.

It will never happen, but how ironic would it be if Devin McCourty walked and the Pats picked up Jason (assuming he is cut for cap purposes) and converted him to safety?

It will never happen, but how ironic would it be if Devin McCourty walked and the Pats picked up Jason (assuming he is cut for cap purposes) and converted him to safety?

Even more ironic if he turned out to be better.

Mark Ingram has always been the guy I thought the Patriots would get because of his lack of fumbles and because there was pre draft interest in '11 but the way the RV corps is constructed, I think it much less likely now.

One real long-shot I can't shake is Jake Locker. There's obviously no logical justification for it but he was the only QB they took an interest in in the pre-draft period in 2011 other than Mallett and McDaniels likes that type of QB. If there's little market for Locker, I could see them bringing him into camp.

Michael Roos and Eddie Royal were two others that interested me, particularly if Solder doesn't sign a long-term contract and Amendola is let go.

Offensively:

Locker, that intriguing and I like it. Instead of what will inevitably be the talk revolving aroung the retreads (Hoyer, Mallet and Cassel) you went outside the box. He's an exceptional athlete. Skeptical he could clear waivers in liu of a signing but if we were to carry 3 (certainly not out of the question) but he's only 26. Thinking outside the box. Nice.

If we're unable to retain Vereen Mathews is a name we'll hear often unless SD get's smart and takes him off the market. May be too pricey but 6-0 220 and 27 with good hands out of the backfield. They stole Woodhead from us. If we decided "no thanks" to Shane he would be excellent in Red, White and Blue.

Sorry Patriot Nation. Dez Bryant will NOT be catching balls from Tom Brady. I like the Eddie Royal mention. Hakeem Nicks is going to be 28. I think our FA market for WR's will be limited to guys who can contribute on ST's.

Roos will likely be too rich for our blood. King Dunlap though.....

I look at G and think, yeah, resign Connolly and get some young help. He's the vet and Googs has 1 year installing his system.

Only legitimate FAs I want besides Revis, McCourty, Gos, Ayers, Vereen, and Ridley are Colston/Fitz (if cut), Ingram, and J-MAC if cut
King Dunlap is an interesting idea, I'd want him
I'd also explore the idea of swapping picks for young guys who may need a new home (Vaccaro, Fluker, etc.)
I can see BB adding a cheap WR like Avant or Britt too, expressed interest this past Spring

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back