PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK about you but I was waiting with my popcorn for this one. Championship move. We got LS and K worked out for sure now one way or another.

Now all we need is a few minor moves with low priority guys like Revis, McCourty and Connolly and that should do it.

LOL

I sense some frustration and sarcasm in your post. Hang in there. Life is very hard for many/most of us. Sitting back and waiting for our favorite football team to sign free agents is the easy part.

I suspect they've made Revis the clear cut priority, and whatever happens outside of that will be a bonus. All of these comments about us having the potential to keep everyone just weren't realistic in my opinion, and I don't mean to sound disrespectful to those who felt that way.

Let's just hope they retain Revis, and then we'll reassess the situation if/when that happens.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago
Darnell Dockett signed with the #49ers for 2 yrs at $7.5mil. $4mil in year one. $2mil guaranteed, per @RosenhausSports

Look at what Rex already has in place...

Quality defense
Multiple running backs
Cap space
Functional TE (Chandler)
Legit deep threat for P.A. passing game (Watkins)
Legit second receiver (Woods)

If he gets a QB, that Buffalo team's going to be a real pain in the ass.

Gotta agree. And they may have one in Cassel.
They already have a pretty decent O-line as well..

Their defense has taken a few hits.

Kiko Alonso is gone. Keith Rivers is gone. Spikes is a UFA. Jerry Hughes is a UFA. There really is no telling how that defense will be next year if with them replacing 2 starting LBers.

Quality defense
Multiple running backs
Cap space
Functional TE (Chandler)

Deja vu all over again.....when he got to the Jets:
Quality defense? yup, except it got progressively worse every year he was there
Multiple running backs? yup...Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene ran well for them
Functional TE? 2009 Distin Keller > Chandler
Legit WR? Cotchery and Edwards were no the problem

no worries.....it'll be fun watching rex screw this pooch

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago
Darnell Dockett signed with the #49ers for 2 yrs at $7.5mil. $4mil in year one. $2mil guaranteed, per @RosenhausSports

I love that he stayed in division, so that he can try to stick it to his old team twice a year.

Quality defense
Multiple running backs
Cap space
Functional TE (Chandler)

True, but I hate the idea of Rex getting credit for it. As much as the media hates BB and the Pats and wants to see them fail, they seem to love Big Mouth Rex and want to see him succeed, or at least get the credit for it.

So someone want to remind me what the record was for this Buffalo team was last year, and what a massive reclamation job Rex faces?

@RapSheet: The #Chargers are making a hard push to keep CB Brandon Flowers, and indications are they’ll be able to. Deal isn’t done yet, though

Gotta agree. And they may have one in Cassel.
They already have a pretty decent O-line as well..

Their defense has taken a few hits.

Kiko Alonso is gone. Keith Rivers is gone. Spikes is a UFA. Jerry Hughes is a UFA. There really is no telling how that defense will be next year if with them replacing 2 starting LBers.

Rivers, Alonso and Spikes were already afterthoughts for them. Alonso was not going to play inside.

The Bills firmly believe their best 2 LBs are Bradham and Brown. They believe those 2 are far ahead of others.

They also believe Jerry Hughes is a stud and they need to sign him.

The Bills believe the biggest weakness on the team is by far and away the OL. Even the TE too. They are set at Center, and maybe one Guard with Incognito. But they believe they are very very weak at the other guard position and both tackles. Last year there was a revolving door at both guard spots because the coaches were tearing their hair out at the bad play.

Fred Jackson is done. McCoy needs a solid backup.

@DMN_George: RB Mark Ingram re-signed with New Orleans Saints for 4 years, $16 million. Should sound familiar. What Cowboys offered Murray before season.

It was nice knowing ya Rid.

Blount making 1 million while RBs like Ingram/Gerhart get 4 million is BB winning.

Last edited:
@DMN_George: RB Mark Ingram re-signed with New Orleans Saints for 4 years, $16 million. Should sound familiar. What Cowboys offered Murray before season.

It was nice knowing ya Rid.

Blount making 1 million while RBs like Ingram/Gerharr get 4 million is BB winning.
Terrible terrible move by the Saints. They're in a big time cap crunch and they overpay an injury prone guy who's had one good season.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m8 minutes ago
Randall Cobb back to Green Bay on a 4-year, $40 million deal, per source.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
Randall Cobb had 6-7 offers today, I’m told. He turned down considerably more money elsewhere to sign with the #Packers.

@AdamSchefter: Randall Cobb back to Green Bay on a 4-year, $40 million deal, per source.
@RapSheet: Randall Cobb had 6-7 offers today, I’m told. He turned down considerably more money elsewhere to sign with the #Packers.

I like Cobb's game, good on him to get a nice deal without breaking Green Bay's bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes