PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 EDGE/pass rusher measurables scan

One thing about Dupree is he hasn't learned to use his hands at all. He prefers to duck a shoulder and try to use his agility to get by defenders. I can't decide if it's just lack of technique from the coaching staff or is it because his arms are an inch or more shorter than Fowler and Gregory at similar heights. I think Dupree is going to end up more of a well rounded LB than an edge rusher. He's pretty good in coverage and has the speed and agility. In spite of not using his hands he's also decent against the run but at the next level he has to learn how to use his hands or he'll be skating backwards on every play.

Marcus Rush, a mini Mike Vrabel who has played over fifty games as Michigan State's DE in their 4-3, is going to play in the NFL, even though he's a "tweener." Short arms, only 6' 2", but the four-year starter is Albert Einstein football smart, can use his hands _exceptionally_ well, and ran a faster three-cone at his pro day than all the OLBs invited to the Combine at 6.73. That's blazing. Rush wasn't invited. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=111938&draftyear=2015&genpos=OLB

He went to Cincinnati's fabled Moeller high school program. Here's an anecdote that tells a lot about this guy. He had shoulder surgery and, with his arm still in a sling, he did squats with a teammate holding one side of the bar.

And he was the guy who made the dramatic Mich St victory over Baylor in the Cotton Bowl by blocking the field goal attempt. He's number 44.

A couple of inches longer, without the T-rex arms, and he'd be a first- or second-rounder. He's listed as a seventh-rounder or free agent. I wouldn't wait to see if he becomes a FA; I'd love to go for this guy in the last couple of rounds.

Marcus Rush, a mini Mike Vrabel

If you'd said Bruschi instead of Vrabel I might be on board. Rush looks to me like a 3-4 ILB in the NFL.

Mr unpronounceable seems like a possibility for the patriots.

Mr unpronounceable seems like a possibility for the patriots.

Kikaha or Odighizuwa? I doubt the latter because he's probably too similar to Jabaal Sheard to be worth a first round pick and I wondered about the former but he doesn't have the athleticism BB tends to like for EDGE prospects. I even wondered about him as an ILB conversion but again, the athleticism doesn't really suggest it.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back