Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
2015 Compensatory Picks Projection - a 3rd rounder for the New England Patriots

Miguel Benzan

Predicting a 2015 3rd round compensatory pick for the New England Patriots

Continue reading...

This is great news. If it comes to pass, between the comp pick, their own, and the Titan's 4th, the Pats will select 3 times between approximately 96 and 106. I would be very surprised if we didn't we didn't wind up with at least one starter from those 3 picks. That's not to mention that having a comp pick in that area can potentially free up using their own and Titan's pick to use in trades.

So despite being a young team with very few serious holes to fill, the Pats 2015 draft should be very interesting

This is great news. If it comes to pass, between the comp pick, their own, and the Titan's 4th, the Pats will select 3 times between approximately 96 and 106. I would be very surprised if we didn't we didn't wind up with at least one starter from those 3 picks. That's not to mention that having a comp pick in that area can potentially free up using their own and Titan's pick to use in trades.

So despite being a young team with very few serious holes to fill, the Pats 2015 draft should be very interesting

That is why I think that BB trades to move UP. Just like he did the year he chose Chandler Jones and Hightower.

Hmmmm, this is just about the number that BB like to use draft picks on WRs that never pan out. So he do his usual WRs wasted pick and then use the other picks on positions that he knows how to draft for such as DL and LB and TE. This could be good.

Offensive line, Offensive line, and yes more Offensive line.

The Jordan Devey era must end!

After taking an OL and DL high, I think he might use one of these picks on a second OL.

Then he might trade one or two into higher picks in 2016. I don't think there are many positions open on the team, and he might even take a chance on another QB.

Then he might trade one or two into higher picks in 2016. I don't think there are many positions open on the team, and he might even take a chance on another QB.

If so, were I Kraft, I'd hire a GM right away.

Loving the OL this year, but really can't see Connelly getting an extension, and do wonder what they are going to do with the resurgent Wendell next year.

There will def be OL movement in the draft.

Oh, and why would we draft another QB? Has Jimmy done something wrong??

That would be moronic

The 4th rounder is Tampa Bay's from the Mankins trade.

We have TB's 6th too because we traded them our 5th for Casillas.

We have Tennessee's 7th because we traded them our 6th for Ayers.

We owe St. Louis an undisclosed late pick for Salas. And, may owe TB another late pick in that Casillas trade. The pick we'll get for Mallett will be in 2016.

That is why I think that BB trades to move UP. Just like he did the year he chose Chandler Jones and Hightower.

I think it's a bit early to discuss a move UP at this time of year. There has to be a player worth moving up for, not just for the hell of it. It's like going to the store with a $50 gift card and $20 in cash and you've decided to spend it all before you even get into the parking lot without even knowing what's in the store.

More than likely, BB will be preparing to buy things he needs, and if there's a higher-priced item that goes on sale, he will consider paying more for it. But we don't know what's going to be on sale yet.

Yes, I am prepping for Christmas season... ;)

Offensive line, Offensive line, and yes more Offensive line.

The Jordan Devey era must end!
Would like to see picks at..
Guard
DT
DE
ILB
OLB
WR :eek:

The 4th rounder is Tampa Bay's from the Mankins trade.

We have TB's 6th too because we traded them our 5th for Casillas.

We have Tennessee's 7th because we traded them our 6th for Ayers.

We owe St. Louis an undisclosed late pick for Salas. And, may owe TB another late pick in that Casillas trade. The pick we'll get for Mallett will be in 2016.
Our Draft Lineup:
1:#32 (ya, I know:p) assigned
2: Assigned
3: Assigned
3: Compensatory (Talib)
4: From TB (Mankins)
4: Assigned
6: From TB (Casillas)
7: From Tenn (Ayers)

Assigned picks traded away:
5: TB (Casillas)
6: Tenn (Ayers)
7: STL (Salas)?

The only place I've seen a late pick mentioned for Casillas is on the Great Blue North draft site in the Traded Picks section. Had Blount worked out in Pitt. and WE didn't reisign him we may have been in line for a 7th Rd comp, possibly 6th for losing Fletcher.

Last edited:
I love how in football, those 3rd, 4th round picks can turn into pretty good players. In Basketball if you draft outside the top 10 you can forget about getting a starting caliber player.

Just this year alone, Stork looks like a keeper at the C position for years to come and we got him with a 4th round pick. Pretty exciting!

So say we all!

Reading that the 4th (rather than 6th) for Welker, b/c Amendola didn't actually produce, gave me a feeling of cold comfort, which after all is a step above no comfort. (If I have any idea of what I actually just read).

Had Blount worked out in Pitt. and WE didn't reisign him we may have been in line for a 7th Rd comp, possibly 6th for losing Fletcher.

How does that work? Isn't it Steelers own problem that they released him during the season? Don't we still get something despite signing Blount because we didn't trade for him?

How does that work? Isn't it Steelers own problem that they released him during the season? Don't we still get something despite signing Blount because we didn't trade for him?
I'm holding out a sliver of hope, but the way Miguel explained it at the bottom of his article makes sense (unfortunately).

-Adamjt13 wrote this about traded players – “That might not seem fair in some cases, but the player always counts against the team that ends up with him. Otherwise, a team could end up with the player AND a comp pick, which would be even more unfair”. I believe that this also applies to players released by the new team and later re-signed by their old team. - See more at: http://www.patsfans.com/salary-cap/?p=857?sc=rss#sthash.m6EU6BnX.dpuf

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes