PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Draft Needs

Definitely need a wr. Drop son looking like a bust. The guy can't catch in traffic apparently. Today he went out for a pass wasn't touched and got injured somehow.

Did you see the catch quentin Patton had? Huge catch with one arm being held. Wow we screwed up.

sigh... Here we go again.

Definitely need a wr. Drop son looking like a bust. The guy can't catch in traffic apparently. Today he went out for a pass wasn't touched and got injured somehow.

Did you see the catch quentin Patton had? Huge catch with one arm being held. Wow we screwed up.

Lol, clueless.

Maybe because he had a foot injury he could have reinjured it running on a wet field? Oh wait, we can't use logic. KT and Dobson are the most productive rookie wideouts in pats history with bb. Oh wait, we expect 1000 yards and circus catches and complain when a other wr has 1 great catch or game. Patton made 1 circus catch and we should have drafted him?!? Lol, dude, quit your whining.

Lol, clueless.

Maybe because he had a foot injury he could have reinjured it running on a wet field? Oh wait, we can't use logic. KT and Dobson are the most productive rookie wideouts in pats history with bb. Oh wait, we expect 1000 yards and circus catches and complain when a other wr has 1 great catch or game. Patton made 1 circus catch and we should have drafted him?!? Lol, dude, quit your whining.

For the amount of playing time he has gotten of course he's caught a few. Not clueless at all. Drops too many. Good receivers don't get phantom foot jnjuries.

For the amount of playing time he has gotten of course he's caught a few. Not clueless at all. Drops too many. Good receivers don't get phantom foot jnjuries.

Dude, go to bed and get sober in the morning and then get back to me.

Dude, go to bed and get sober in the morning and then get back to me.

Not drunk. Don't be a sanctimonious prick. Drop son isn't very good. Hopefully they'll sign someone who can catch. He's close to being a bust as is kenbrell "leap when you don't need to and land awkwardly on your hip" thomkins. He's an udfa so I'll cut him some slack.

When you want to be taken seriously, complaining about the team's 500 yard rookie receiver in favor of a 34 yard one is not a good strategy. With complaints like that, you deserve people acting like sanctimonious pricks.

Drops on once tried to catch a ball with his elbows. Back shoulder throw hit him perfectly but he jumped and it hit both his elbows. He's not a natural wr. Jumps when he doesn't have to. Drops. Can't catch in traffic. Very underwhelmed so far. 500 yards means little. How many did Lloyd have?

Drops on once tried to catch a ball with his elbows. Back shoulder throw hit him perfectly but he jumped and it hit both his elbows. He's not a natural wr. Jumps when he doesn't have to. Drops. Can't catch in traffic. Very underwhelmed so far. 500 yards means little. How many did Lloyd have?
Lloyd also was a locker room cancer and was due a $3M bonus.

You're making comparisons that make no sense. You also keep moving the goalposts. First you want Patton and his 34 yards over Dobson, and now Dobson's yards don't matter because of Lloyd's, despite Lloyd's extraordinary factors.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out a name as original as "Dropson," so I guess kennyawfulargumentb will have to do.

When you look at it in terms of beating your division first and foremost the interior OL definitely becomes the bigger issue, as the Jets and Bills really have good D Lines that can hurt them in coming years. If they can address RG with a really good player then they could have a great OL next season. Wendell is never going to be a dominant roadgrading center, but i think Belichick favors a Center who runs the line and calls and protections properly over the more dominant athlete. I'm not sure if there's an OG that would command a first round pick when the Patriots pick, and while they can certainly get a great prospect later it would be great if they could lock in a really good player in free agency. If there's another Mankins there then by all means scoop him up, as an OL that is not only really clinical and efficient, but also physically dominant would make this a really tough team to get by for the next few years.
That's freakin' ridiculous. Of course the key phrase in the passage is "I think".

Lloyd also was a locker room cancer and was due a $3M bonus.

You're making comparisons that make no sense. You also keep moving the goalposts. First you want Patton and his 34 yards over Dobson, and now Dobson's yards don't matter because of Lloyd's, despite Lloyd's extraordinary factors.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out a name as original as "Dropson," so I guess kennyawfulargumentb will have to do.
I want Patton and his catch balls in traffic displaying great hands poise and concentration over drop sons catch with elbows oowie i hurt my foot routine. If Patton were here I think he'd have 1000 yards. Any decent rookie would because they'd give him reps as they'd be forced to.

2014 NFL Draft Needs (based on the conclusion of the 16 game regular season schedule):

1. Center

2. Defensive Tackle

3. Tight End

4. Cornerback (Marquice Cole must go!)

5. Running Back

6. Left Tackle (backup)

7. Center (backup)

8. Offensive Guard (backup)

Offensive Unrestricted Free Agents:

Wendell
Svitek
Blount
Hoomanawanui
Mulligan
Edelman

Defensive Unrestricted Free Agents:

Carter
Spikes
Fletcher
Talib
Cole

Also I should add that if catching with one's elbows is such a good idea, why don't other wrs do it? Why don't other wrs leap when they don't have to and land awkwardly on their hip if it's so smart?

Good Lord.
jester.gif

I think with our picks our needs are:

1.Grader

2.Flanker

3.Dozer

4.Wildcat

5.Tweener

6.Rover

7.Gunner

2014 NFL Draft Needs (based on the conclusion of the 16 game regular season schedule):

1. Center

2. Defensive Tackle

3. Tight End

4. Cornerback (Marquice Cole must go!)

5. Running Back

6. Left Tackle (backup)

7. Center (backup)

8. Offensive Guard (backup)

Offensive Unrestricted Free Agents:

Wendell
Svitek
Blount
Hoomanawanui
Mulligan
Edelman

Defensive Unrestricted Free Agents:

Carter
Spikes
Fletcher
Talib
Cole

My opinion, the way Siliga and Chris Jones been playing, and depending on the situation with Armstead, we might not be in the market for a DT.

TE, OL, DB.p, and another pass rusher are our biggest needs

My opinion, the way Siliga and Chris Jones been playing, and depending on the situation with Armstead, we might not be in the market for a DT.

TE, OL, DB.p, and another pass rusher are our biggest needs

The biggest problem with DT is we don't know what we have and when these kinds of decisions need to be made we still won't really know what we've got. The way I look at it the only guy I think we can really count on for next season is Chris Jones and he is still only a rookie now. Siliga has really flashed some potential but he was still an undrafted guy that was cut twice and traded once. Vellano has played admirably but lacks the size to be anything more than a rotational guy on passing downs. Wilfork and Kelly are both aging, coming off major injuries and we don't know if either will be back. And Armstead is a complete unknown because he hasn't done anything yet in his NFL career. The potential is there for a very strong group if everything turns out, but there is also potential for disaster if things go wrong. In the end there isn't a single player under contract at DT that would stop me from spending a high pick on a DT (maybe even 2 if the right guy is there). Even if its not a need for 2014 it will be soon, and DT isn't a position I would take a chance on.

I am also not a fan of targeting a certain position at each pick, I would rather target specific players. I don't want just any DT in the 1st, but if the right guy is there I would take him. My ideal board for the 1st pick would be something like:

1. DT-Ra'Shede Hageman
2. NT- Louis Nix III
3. TE- Eric Ebron
4. TE- Jace Amaro
5. TE- ASJ
6. Trade Down
7. DL- Stephon Tuitt
8. OG- David Yankey
9. C- Travis Swanson
10. DE- Kony Ealy (although he is growing on me)

If we lose Talib in FA though some CB's would certainly move up.

The biggest problem with DT is we don't know what we have and when these kinds of decisions need to be made we still won't really know what we've got. The way I look at it the only guy I think we can really count on for next season is Chris Jones and he is still only a rookie now. Siliga has really flashed some potential but he was still an undrafted guy that was cut twice and traded once. Vellano has played admirably but lacks the size to be anything more than a rotational guy on passing downs. Wilfork and Kelly are both aging, coming off major injuries and we don't know if either will be back. And Armstead is a complete unknown because he hasn't done anything yet in his NFL career. The potential is there for a very strong group if everything turns out, but there is also potential for disaster if things go wrong. In the end there isn't a single player under contract at DT that would stop me from spending a high pick on a DT (maybe even 2 if the right guy is there). Even if its not a need for 2014 it will be soon, and DT isn't a position I would take a chance on.

I am also not a fan of targeting a certain position at each pick, I would rather target specific players. I don't want just any DT in the 1st, but if the right guy is there I would take him. My ideal board for the 1st pick would be something like:

1. DT-Ra'Shede Hageman
2. NT- Louis Nix III
3. TE- Eric Ebron
4. TE- Jace Amaro
5. TE- ASJ
6. Trade Down
7. DL- Stephon Tuitt
8. OG- David Yankey
9. C- Travis Swanson

I like your list. Tuitt is higher on mine. I'd take him if I could. Trade down if can only take OL.

1. DT-Ra'Shede Hageman
2. NT- Louis Nix III
3. TE- Eric Ebron
4. TE- Jace Amaro
5. TE- ASJ
6. Trade Down
7. DL- Stephon Tuitt
8. OG- David Yankey
9. C- Travis Swanson

Siliga might be a flash in the pan type player, but the way he's been playing, he should be on the roster next year. He wouldn't be the first player that bounced from team to team and found a home here. Welker, Ninkovich, and Arrington come to mind. Chris Jones has been solid as well. Both are still young guys that can grow to be good players. Plus there is still Vellano, we dont know what we have in Armstead yet, and Vince and Kelly are still under contract.

Don't get me wrong, if we draft a beast DT early I wouldn't be mad, but I just don't think it's as dire of a need as some do.

I like your list. Tuitt is higher on mine. I'd take him if I could. Trade down if can only take OL.

I love Tuitt's physical skill set, but he never took the step up I was expecting and hoping out of him this season. I guess when you are drafting at the end of the 1st round you have to take chances on guys though, and Tuitt is the type of athlete that has almost unlimited potential.

I wish there were some more highly ranked interior O-lineman because that is a big area of need, though outside of Yankey I don't think any are really deserving of a 1st round pick. I think Swanson will be pushed up simply because he is the best of the bunch, but I don't rate him a 1st round talent. In the end interior O-line isn't a position I value highly even though the need is there, simply because of the success the Pats have had with less highly regarded players along the O-line.

Siliga might be a flash in the pan type player, but the way he's been playing, he should be on the roster next year. He wouldn't be the first player that bounced from team to team and found a home here. Welker, Ninkovich, and Arrington come to mind. Chris Jones has been solid as well. Both are still young guys that can grow to be good players. Plus there is still Vellano, we dont know what we have in Armstead yet, and Vince and Kelly are still under contract.

Don't get me wrong, if we draft a beast DT early I wouldn't be mad, but I just don't think it's as dire of a need as some do.

I agree with you that we have the potential there, the problem is there is a lot of 'ifs' involved. The biggest issue is that at draft time we simply won't know if Siliga is for real, if Armstead can play or if Wilfork and/or Kelly will ever return. Those are things that we won't know until camp unless the news is bad. There is also the issue of the contracts of Wilfork, Kelly and Sopoaga which throws another wrench into things. But that doesn't mean we should panic and overdraft a DT in the 1st, it just happens that the two guys I want the most play DT. In the end I just want the best football players that will have the biggest impact and give this team the best chance to win.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back