PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2013 Reloading for another Decade of Dominance

I don't think anyone wants to spend big on Reed or make him a centrepiece of a strategy.

He was prominently featured in the OP as the only external FA with a big photo and compared to a "Rodney off season move", so I assumed he was a centerpiece of the proposed "reloading".

Last edited:
im feeling like we should trade our first rounder to Buffalo for their first next year and a fifth/sixth this year. Having Marrone as their HC might make them want to get Nassib before others and by trading them our late first rounder that most likely guarantees them Nassib. Then with our 5th or 6th we could get someone like Michael Mauti or Tyrann Mathieu. Definitely an idea that would work for both teams

I don't think anyone wants to spend big on Reed or make him a centrepiece of a strategy. Any talk of Reed to the Patriots I think merely reflects the knowledge that BB is a big fan. As Ocho, Red Bryant and Reggie Wayne prove, BB isn't adverse to trying to sign those players he respects the most. Of course they also prove he isn't willing to sell the family treasures to sign them either.

Should BB have made a better offer to Red Bryant last off season? That guy has had a tremendous year for Seattle.

Should BB have made a better offer to Red Bryant last off season? That guy has had a tremendous year for Seattle.

Realistically, IDK if anyone would have given him more than $35M/5 years. That's a lot to risk on an outside guy - the last time we did that, it didn't work out so well. And he ended up deciding his heart was in Seattle. Also, if we had tied up that much money in Bryant, would it have affected our ability to tie up Gronk and Hernandez long term? I' m not sure. I love Bryant and wanted him badly, but at that price it's not a gimme.

Of course, if we had just taken him in 2008 in the first place ...

im feeling like we should trade our first rounder to Buffalo for their first next year and a fifth/sixth this year. Having Marrone as their HC might make them want to get Nassib before others and by trading them our late first rounder that most likely guarantees them Nassib. Then with our 5th or 6th we could get someone like Michael Mauti or Tyrann Mathieu. Definitely an idea that would work for both teams

What would Mauti do here? Not saying he's not a fit, I'm just not sure what that fit would be.

Mauti would just be a solid guy to take in the later rounds. For me in the later rounds its a little more best player available than position of need

Gerald Hodges is the PSU lb we should be looking at. Can prob play olb in our base defense. PSU had to use him at nickel because of a lack of talent in the secondary. If we can get him at 94, I would. DT and WR in the first two rounds.

didnt know where else to post this but the patriots worked out armond armstead the guy who is sueing usc for the painkillers. He made the CFL all star team and lead the team in sacks

yeah it would be nice to get another young DL who wouldnt cost us a draft pick. Hope we at least sign him to see how he does in camp

yeah it would be nice to get another young DL who wouldnt cost us a draft pick. Hope we at least sign him to see how he does in camp

He's only 22, he has nice size and decent athleticism, and he'd come close to UDFA cost. Best case scenario he might be able to fill the role that was envisioned for Jonathan Fanene, at minimal incremental cost. Worst case, he's camp fodder, or PS material.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back