Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
They're now available in our stats database:

Offense:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/stats/2013/snaps/offense/

Defense:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/stats/2013/snaps/defense/

They'll also be updated and will be available here moving forward again during this upcoming season.

As an FYI, while trying to compare our totals I noticed one other site (a more well known one) has incorrect season totals for 2013 on these...which made it tough to audit them. So instead, I've gone back through every week three times and it appears they missed a correction by the league that was published later and are showing the old totals - which aren't correct. Our totals are based on ones published by the league including the corrections, and are accurate.

Last edited:
Just a follow up on this, let me know if you guys like the way these are set up. I tried to set it up in a way that made sense and would be easy to follow. The goal was to be able to compare both the player over the course of a season, and against other guys too. So this is what I came up with. There will be a second list added to the same pages with overall totals too. I'll be adding that later today. :cool:

Makes sense... easy to read.

Looks great! I would love to have a season total column at the end to see overall who played the most, etc, but otherwise I think the format is good.

A couple tweaks you may want to consider Ian, whenever you might find the time:

1. Once I go to the Stats Database link at the toolbar at the top of the page, I can't find the snap counts. I can see it if I shade over that Stats Database link, but there's no link on the page itself and it is not an option in the drop down menu of Sort Stats By: Select an Option. Perhaps that could be added in?

2. Is it possible to add cumulative season totals and percentages, as well as the numbers for the playoff games?

3. Does the NFL also provide snap counts for special teams?

Thanks much!

Looks great! I would love to have a season total column at the end to see overall who played the most, etc, but otherwise I think the format is good.

Thanks! I'll include that underneath in a separate table. It's tough because the page is only so wide, but I'll put that together.

Can you add the position of each player

Absolutely, and I'll make sure I include that with the overall totals at the top, with the weekly ones below it.

A couple tweaks you may want to consider Ian, whenever you might find the time:

1. Once I go to the Stats Database link at the toolbar at the top of the page, I can't find the snap counts. I can see it if I shade over that Stats Database link, but there's no link on the page itself and it is not an option in the drop down menu of Sort Stats By: Select an Option. Perhaps that could be added in?

2. Is it possible to add cumulative season totals and percentages, as well as the numbers for the playoff games?

3. Does the NFL also provide snap counts for special teams?

Thanks much!

1) I know...that main page isn't intuitive in terms of letting you know what/where the categories are. I'm actually working on revamping that page to include all of the links vs having them just be in the drop down part of the navbar, which is disabled in the forum due to the responsiveness of the layout. I'll have to work on that.

2) Yes, which will be added, although I'll have a separate page for playoff games and will also be adding in the stats pages for those as well.

3) They do - and I'll make sure to build that in as well :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye